Celestial DVD prices

teako170

I broke down and was finally able to win a title that I have been after for quite a long time... Was the winning bidder for Crimson Charm, had to shell out 61.00 for it, but it is something I have been after for awhile so I am happy. Now I can ditch the dvd-r copy I had for ages.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply
congratulations grady.when you collect items and get hold of rare one feeling is sthing cannot describe.

Oh I was really happy.. Been after this title for well over a couple of years, it was always sold out online or I would always get out bidded on ebay. :tongue:

Oh I was really happy.. Been after this title for well over a couple of years, it was always sold out online or I would always get out bidded on ebay. :tongue:

Is there any other rarity missing in your collection? I think have never even seen lady of steel and lady of the law for sale as ivl.

Thought I would revisit this thread as there seems to be spike in prices.

I remember when these were selling for $11-13 each.

Recent eBay sales...

NAVAL COMMANDOS: $152.50

SHAOLIN ABBOT: $137.50 (with 2 days still to go!!)

CLAN FUEDS: $122.50

THE GOLDEN KNIGHT: $122.50

THE LADY IS THE BOSS $104.50

THE SUPREME SWORDSMAN: $90.88

GANG MASTERS: $69.10

OATH OF DEATH: $59.55

DEMON OF THE LUTE: $53.00

THE MIGHTY ONE: $49.55

LONG ROAD TO GALLANTRY: $49.00

CRIMSON CHARM: $49.00

OILY MANIAC: $45.00

HEADS FOR SALE: $41.00

WHAT PRICE HONESTY: $38.00

^Prices of certain thaidiscs has gone up also, recently naval commandos and killer army was sold in ebay at $50+

Lady Jin Szu-Yi

I paid almost $47 for a Funimation Shaolin Rescuers sealed; $50 is my absolute limit, but I found a great dealer on eBay who is selling several IVLs under $20 each.

I know I won't replace all of the bootlegs I wasted $ on, but I replaced a few and that's good in my book.

Thanks for the updates.

Recent eBay sales...

SHAOLIN ABBOT: $137.50 (with 2 days still to go!!)

CLAN FUEDS: $122.50

Those were biggest surprises/shocks...On the other hand, IVL "my rebellious son" did change owner for $25.49. Cheap price for rare disc.

:nerd:

Cloud Hands

Many of the rares are showing up as Deltamac releases, which is great unless you're an IVL completionist. Personally I have both, having bought most IVLs as they came out and now filling in the gaps with Taiwan Deltamac's. I actually slightly prefer the uniform look of the Taiwan releases to the non slip-cased IVLs.

It seems Deltamac are still releasing the catalogue as well.. last year I scoured the net looking for The Delinquent which was unavailable everywhere (including Taiwan stockists). Checked again recently and the Deltamac is now available.

I just got a new Deltamac of The Lady Professional for about $15 shipped off ebay. Wasn't this priced insanely high not too long ago, or am I mixing that up with another title?

I wasn't going to pay big money for it (or any Shaw movie), but I like Shaw's crime/spy flicks and was fine paying this price for it.

Congrats KyFi! I agree, I'm not big on paying big money for a DVD. As a matter of fact, I'm ok with a bootleg rather than spending $50 on an OOP release from a second hand seller.

With that said, I have been fortunate to land some deals on some oop titles on this very site!

Congrats KyFi! I agree, I'm not big on paying big money for a DVD. As a matter of fact, I'm ok with a bootleg rather than spending $50 on an OOP release from a second hand seller.

With that said, I have been fortunate to land some deals on some oop titles on this very site!

..and there were actually a couple copies available at that price. Yeah, I'm more of a Shaw fan rather than collector. And really, I have over 150 IVL Shaws, covering most of the genres. Given the studio system and style of filmmaking of Shaws, for any of those titles I don't have, it's not like "Oh, that movie is SO drastically different than every other Shaw movie, I have to have it." I'm just not going to pay big bucks for the few titles I'm missing.

..and there were actually a couple copies available at that price. Yeah, I'm more of a Shaw fan rather than collector. And really, I have over 150 IVL Shaws, covering most of the genres. Given the studio system and style of filmmaking of Shaws, for any of those titles I don't have, it's not like "Oh, that movie is SO drastically different than every other Shaw movie, I have to have it." I'm just not going to pay big bucks for the few titles I'm missing.

Being both collector and fan gives bigger joy than just being fanboy. Of course it stretches patience and wallet lot more but feeling when you finally get hold of rare items are something cannot describe by words.

Deltamac (Lady Professional or Lady Assassin are still available) and Thai Versions are rather cheap and good enough if you simply want to own/watch the movie.

But as a collector I prefer the IVL discs. I still have many Thai discs but started to pick up the IVL Versions some time ago (luckily none of those movies were high priced so it was not too difficult financially).

Well I have around 550 Shaws now and seeing that some movies are selling for 100 bucks or more really makes my day.

Yikes.

Good thing I am not hell bent on owning the blu ray. This will probably be a digital purchase for me.

This blu ray was relatively cheap only a short time ago. I guess now is " you snooze, you lose... " -you dough!

Cloud Hands

LOL, you'd have to be out of your mind or rich to pay this. If your rich then no problem, everyone's happy I suppose, but the thought of some desperate fan scraping together for this inflated price isn't a good one.

I could be wrong, but I'm inclined to believe this guy is trying to mug fellow enthusiasts off. If the person selling this film is a fan then it leaves a bad taste in the mouth. By all means mark the price up and make a nice profit, got not problem with that. But this is a p*ss take.

Or maybe I'm the mug - whenever I sell it means something to me that the film is going to a good home or a collector. And I personally wouldn't treat fellow fans as complete mugs, but that's just me.

I remember to have seen a Shaws' movie ( I don't remember which one, maybe Hong Kong godfather, but I'm not sure) on amazon at almost 3000 $ months ago. This guy was much more crazy than the one shown in the link...

Lady Jin Szu-Yi

$3K?

Gracious, people can be so greedy. If I ever sell a couple of out of print giallos I am still hanging onto, it would never be as high as those two prices.

Hong Kong Godfather was worth the $10 I paid for it new. I wouldn't pay more for it.

I remember to have seen a Shaws' movie ( I don't remember which one, maybe Hong Kong godfather, but I'm not sure) on amazon at almost 3000 $ months ago. This guy was much more crazy than the one shown in the link...

You are propably thinking "magnificent ruffians", and not sure if even promo existed. Cover appeared in amazon tho...

You are propably thinking "magnificent ruffians", and not sure if even promo existed. Cover appeared in amazon tho...

I think Donnie Yen's Tiger Cage II (MIHK) VHS was also listed on Amazon for something crazy like this.

Lady Jin Szu-Yi

If the Funimation Invincible Shaolin and Bastard Swordsman were a good 20-30 cheaper, I would jump. Hopefully Celestial will put Bastard Swordsman on iTunes eventually.

Avenging Eagle, Shaolin Mantis and the Magic Blade were all very cheap (my wallet is happy.)

• Administrator
KUNG FU BOB
If the Funimation Invincible Shaolin and Bastard Swordsman were a good 20-30 cheaper, I would jump. Hopefully Celestial will put Bastard Swordsman on iTunes eventually.

Avenging Eagle, Shaolin Mantis and the Magic Blade were all very cheap (my wallet is happy.)

Major score on all three! :nerd:

Lady Jin Szu-Yi
Major score on all three! :nerd:

I just watched the trailer for Shaolin Mantis and all I can say is:

Mind BLOWN.

Mantis fist AND weapons demo?!? Two great tastes that taste great together.

I already like all of the family members especially the elder Lau. Instant win. :smile:

That dvd cannot get here fast enough! Cheers Kung Fu Bob for the recommendations.

Archived