Celestial DVD prices

teako170

• Administrator
I don't know what they are worth, not much I bet, but I got a copy of War heroes & Rainbow Bridge from Jimi Hendrix on vinyl and I was really happy to get them just for the fact that they were vinyl.

I've got those two as well. The versions of Pali Gap and Hey Baby on RAINBOW BRIDGE are brilliant.

As for the IVL releases, I bought most of the ones I wanted as they were released via HKFLIX, and also at my favorite Philly Chinatown movie store (sadly, long, long gone). I also picked up some more titles that I had initially missed (due to lack of funds) over the following couple of years.

There are still a few stragglers that I really wish I had. My copy of FIVE SUPERFIGHTERS was lent out and never returned. :tinysmile_angry2_t: So I keep my eye out for that one on eBay. I do have a back-up copy, but I want an original of this gem. Hopefully I'll find it one of these days.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There are still a few stragglers that I really wish I had. My copy of FIVE SUPERFIGHTERS was lent out and never returned. :tinysmile_angry2_t:

That sucks so much. I never lend any rare dvd and usual stuff one disc at time. I did notice long time ago sometimes even reliable guys who pay money back immediately become impassive when you borrow them dvd, book etc...It takes long time for them to return it and sometimes they do not treat it way it should be(scracthed, torn pages, coffee leaks etc..). Or in your case, never bring item they borrowed back, have lost it somewhere...

As for the IVL releases, I bought most of the ones I wanted as they were released via HKFLIX, and also at my favorite Philly Chinatown movie store (sadly, long, long gone). I also picked up some more titles that I had initially missed (due to lack of funds) over the following couple of years.

The one on Arch still there? Don't know name. We hit that place the first day of Lo Mang's visit and they had a decent inventory. Lot of VHS too I recall.

• Administrator
That sucks so much. I never lend any rare dvd and usual stuff one disc at time. I did notice long time ago sometimes even reliable guys who pay money back immediately become impassive when you borrow them dvd, book etc...It takes long time for them to return it and sometimes they do not treat it way it should be(scracthed, torn pages, coffee leaks etc..). Or in your case, never bring item they borrowed back, have lost it somewhere...

Yeah, I've had my share of disappointments lending stuff out. And I've vowed time and time again that I was done lending stuff. But in the long run, I love sharing these films as much as I enjoy having them for myself. So inevitably, I wind up trusting again... :wink:

The one on Arch still there? Don't know name. We hit that place the first day of Lo Mang's visit and they had a decent inventory. Lot of VHS too I recall.

Believe it or not, I haven't shopped around down there in at least seven years. I have so much to watch that I haven't even seen yet, that I have no need to go searching anymore. Plus, the city gets less and less appealing to me every year, and I was never crazy about it to begin with. :smile: I know there were at least three places right on Arch at one point, but I have no idea if the place you went to is still there. Though I suspect I know the one you mean. Next time your up this way, maybe we can check and see what's still around.

I will be glad to sell my whole Shaws collection, of over 120 movies, for bottom basement cost of 5 million US dollars. :tongue: I justify my price because I have been collecting for 10 years now. Lots of effort on my behalf. Any takers? :tongue:

The Silver Fox
I've got those two as well. The versions of Pali Gap and Hey Baby on RAINBOW BRIDGE are brilliant.

Totally agree. I think there is a kind of medley of In From the Storm/Hey baby or something that is outstanding. I think he played 2 shows in Hawaii so I'm not sure which one it is from.

the golden knight was sold yesterday in ebay for 49,5€/68,9$. I love that movie so much but even as I have paid lot for some dvds, I have border now how much I want to pay for disc and not cross it easily. There is few exceptions tho where sky is limit but gk is not on that list...

Well, there is thai dvd...

the golden knight was sold yesterday in ebay for 49,5€/68,9$. I love that movie so much but even as I have paid lot for some dvds, I have border now how much I want to pay for disc and not cross it easily. There is few exceptions tho where sky is limit but gk is not on that list...

Well, there is thai dvd...

That was a surprise for that film. I'd never had guessed it would go so high. Great movie though!

That was a surprise for that film. I'd never had guessed it would go so high. Great movie though!

I confess...at 44€ I was leader until very end(tho someone had autobidding to 42 but I broke that). I was surprised and shocked someone did better. And by OK amount.

Drunken Arts
That was my auction. :bigsmile:

I see that Wongfeihung, Crazy, I watched that from start to finish, i got priced out pretty quickly lol

Im also the guy who's just won your The Anonymous Heroes :xd:

Périls of the sentimental swordsman : 106 euros sold on eBay.

That´s really high price for perils. Movie is good but I did not know it´s that rare....

• Administrator
KUNG FU BOB
$136.69?? ....ouch!

Ditto! :ooh:

That was my auction. :bigsmile:

Congrats on the sale! Now you can buy 10 other films. :tongue:

For a new sealed DVD, the mentally unbalanced part of my brain would probably consider this....but for a second-hand DVD these prices are just crazy.

I'm glad that you at least understand that you're crazy. Sadly, I must admit that I do "get it". :angel:

For a new sealed DVD, the mentally unbalanced part of my brain would probably consider this....but for a second-hand DVD these prices are just crazy.

How big is the balanced part of your brain? :wink:

One Armed Boxer
How big is the balanced part of your brain? :wink:

About the same size as my bank balance, which unfortunately isn't a self-compliment.:squigglemouth:

5 superfighters was sold on ebay for shy $25.49. Costs of ebays global shipping program though are effective to push away bidders outside US....

Golden knight from same seller will change owner for 31$.

5 superfighters was sold on ebay for shy $25.49. Costs of ebays global shipping program though are effective to push away bidders outside US....

Golden knight from same seller will change owner for 31$.

ebays global shipping program is the biggest rip-off ebay has created! It's highway robbery.

Secret Executioner
ebays global shipping program is the biggest rip-off ebay has created! It's highway robbery.

That and the fee you'd pay for using paypal - I'm not sure if that one still exists but I remember hearing of it some time (several years should I say) ago.

That and the fee you'd pay for using paypal - I'm not sure if that one still exists but I remember hearing of it some time (several years should I say) ago.

For over 1 year Ebay charges its final value fees on the shipping costs too (so all sellers boosted their shipping costs) and Paypal takes its 3% cut on payments,

I totally agree with Bigrogie regarding the ebay shipment fees !! It's a pure robbery and when it happens that I buy from ebay, I track down the sellers who don't use this program as much as I can !!

Drunken Arts

I was leading on the opening bid for that 5 Superfighters until a day before the end, and i were beaten by very little, i actually fell asleep and missed making a counter bid as it ended at 4am over here in the UK [i fell asleep watching Shaws "Call To Arms"] :mad:

But if it stayed around the price it went for, it would of cost me approx £15 for the DVD but £9.50 for P&P... Thats Insane lol.

Whats also quite annoying for me is..

You can find a US seller on Amazon.co.uk and the postage will always be £1.26 from the US, It has got me some very cheap US Shaw releases.. (Killer Clans £1.76 + £1.26 p&p)

But if i go to Amazon.com and order from there to delivery to the UK it will cost me approx £9 for P&P too.

So most IVLs i see on .com would cost me approx £20-25. [£12-£16 + £9 P&P]

In perspective i was paying £6.88 in Hong Kong at HMV and these were sealed & brand new.. Now i get that you pay more for the Rarer OOP titles, which of course i dont mind doing, but put that Postage on top and its a real killer for me...

And Amazon.com has a hell of alot more IVLs on it than its UK Counterpart :( GRRR lol and now i'm rambling on

$70 for jade raksha@ebay.+20$ for shipping+10$ for import fees....That`s the 2nd highest price I have ever paid for movie.

:crossedlips::wink:

Seeing prices of some IVL`s at ebay I decided to give up a mission to get hk discs of few titles and stick with thai&taiwan. Can pay sometimes high price for dvd but vengeance of a snowgirl and perils of sentimental swordsman as ivls never end up into my collection except if find them by luck from 2nd hand stores by OK price.

Archived