Celestial DVD prices

teako170

I'm not selling any of my Celestial IVL titles, not even the ones that I've barely viewed. These releases represent a bit of history to me, and a few titles I'd not previously had the pleasure-let alone, heard of.

I unfortunately sold long time ago dead end, singing thief and singing killer.

Getting singing killer back from dddhouse but other 2 can be tricky. It`s not so big deal tho, movies were not good. Of course 2nd viewing could change opinion:tongue:

But I want them as CC movies:nerd:

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply
the sentimental swordsman

Shaw brothers titles exist only in VCD are harder to find, it is mathematical, less support thus made ​​less likely to find them.

The various criminals (homicides, arson, assault and teenagers nightmare), temptress of a thousand faces, starlets for sale, sinful adulteress, angel strikes again, etc...., here are almost impossible to find titles, we must be very patient to find them.

It has been 2 years I want a list of titles published by the shaw brothers celestial version IVL and Deltamac, the most expensive titles are:

The jade raksha: sold 110 euros there in less than a year on ebay;

Inframan VCD boxset Kooboo/IVL: sell is generally between 110 and 130 euros.

Inframan VCD boxset Kooboo/IVL: sell is generally between 110 and 130 euros.

I have 2 of those. Somewhere. And these as well...

inframan.jpg

I have 2 of those. Somewhere. And these as well...

inframan.jpg

beautiful, very impressive.:ooh:

Still looking for Naval Commandos (and the Pirate)...congrats on the nab.

Today IVL naval commandos was sold on ebay for 24,5€/33.5$. Does not sound bad, disc is rare...

I am lookig for full moon scimitar and lady assassin atm...

Today IVL naval commandos was sold on ebay for 24,5€/33.5$. Does not sound bad, disc is rare...

I am lookig for full moon scimitar and lady assassin atm...

I am actually watching Full Moon Scimitar right now, just watching Yueh Hua's parts for the most part this time.

I love that guy, he had some really nice roles in Chor Yuen/Gu long movies and is one of my all time favorite Shaw actors. Along with about 50 others, but still...:laluot_06:

As far as 'Lady Assassin' - that movie is just so good, it will never be far from the top of the list of my favorite Shaw movies of any genre. Incredible acting. I love the scene where Pai Piao lays down to complete the character/word scratched on the ground and says

'For me,. it's just that easy'

and indeed it was for him. One the the best Shaw actors.

Along with about 50 others. :biggrin:

I just watched Deadly Secret again. Yueh Wah plays the bad guy role very well.

Het there, M.K!!

He really had a nice stretch, didn't he?

All those nice hero roles, then all the character roles for Chor Yuen - Jade Tiger is a really good one of his.

Also, he married Tanny Tien Ni - how much better could your life get!?

His role in 'A Deadly Secret' is really good, that is a nice choice - also the small part he had in Death Duel'.

Great actor.

Tex Killer - I recommend both of those films, especially Lady Assassin. I saw a few copies of the Deltamac going cheap on ebay a few months ago, don't know about availability now.

Regarding Chor Yuen with Yueh Wah starring, by chance I watched Black Lizard today. Chor Yuen fans should like it - has a mysterious vibe, visually outstanding, it has great gloomy atmosphere. The storyline is actually quite good, although the script (maybe in translation) leaves it feeling like it should have been better. Action is so so for a Chor Yuen. I'd give it a 7/10.

I think I'll watch A Deadly Secret next, haven't seen it yet.

Bringing this thread back to it's original discussion, has anyone else noticed how the prices of these DVD's has come way down in the last year or so? I'm seeing a lot of people dumping their collections and the supply is much better than before (or maybe all of the crazy, rich collectors now have the titles they need). Especially with sites like dddhouse and moviesuper doing these huge sales (the moviesuper one is over, but their BOGO sale was awesome!).

So on one hand this is great for people like me who are interested in filling out their collections, but it makes me wonder if the genre is dying even more (if that's possible).

I think prices have come down for easy to get titles quite a lot but on the opposite side of coin tough cases are now even harder to even locate let alone get...

I think prices have come down for easy to get titles quite a lot but on the opposite side of coin tough cases are now even harder to even locate let alone get...

Guess I'm seeing something different. Titles that used to sell for $50 or more are going for $20 - $30 (IVL's of Oily Maniac or Lady Professional, for instance). And more of them are showing up as people are getting rid of them.

Guess I'm seeing something different. Titles that used to sell for $50 or more are going for $20 - $30 (IVL's of Oily Maniac or Lady Professional, for instance). And more of them are showing up as people are getting rid of them.

Singular cases. Yes people do sell their items for various reasons occassinally...If you see lady professional twice available in short time it`s quite lot compared how rare disc was/is..sentimental swordsman is now selling his collection but I would not say it`s trend rarities pop up often in ebay...

Cheap prices of taiwan discs likely decrease interest for ivl`s, many are reasonable enough not to fork out extra money for IVL so it likely makes impact to price of ivl releases too.. I am not among those:squigglemouth:

Lady professional went for 30$ but you never know how much the winner was ready to pay in the end..

Better luck for him with black tavern:nerd:

Full moon scimitar was sold today@ebay for $48...Few months ago I would have entered into bidding war but now bit tired of buying same items again only because it`s IVL. I´m OK with taiwan disc...

Full moon scimitar was sold today@ebay for $48...Few months ago I would have entered into bidding war but now bit tired of buying same items again only because it`s IVL. I´m OK with taiwan disc...

And a week ago the same IVL disc sold for $16, so $48 is just a couple of people getting caught up in over-bidding. I think it's fun to collect the IVL's, although I also like collecting some of the releases from other countries too!

And a week ago the same IVL disc sold for $16, so $48 is just a couple of people getting caught up in over-bidding. I think it's fun to collect the IVL's, although I also like collecting some of the releases from other countries too!

Wow..for$16 it`s about bargain..With shipping todays scimitar is about $55, so can say it`s on expansive side but hell, I too have paid few times overprices myself....

One of (forgotten) rarities is "six assassins", I have never seen IVL for sale...

Wow..for$16 it`s about bargain..With shipping todays scimitar is about $55, so can say it`s on expansive side but hell, I too have paid few times overprices myself....

One of (forgotten) rarities is "six assassins", I have never seen IVL for sale...

I've paid too much too, but not anymore. I'm more patient with buying them these days, not to mention I don't have tons of money to throw around :sad:

I'd love to have a good release of Six Assassins. I haven't seen that one in ages.

Secret Executioner

Some of these prices are insane. $50 for one DVD... I know I can pay a big lot of money for stuff at times (like the 40+ € Four Swords set - but it's a 4-DVD set with 4 movies and it's an import, not a local release), but I gather these must be either very rare (so the seller puts a very high price from the start because next to nobody else offers the title) or many people must bid and in the end, the price has gone through the roof.

Concerning the trend to the decrease in prices mentionned by ChanBiaoHungLungFuSheng (I love that guy's name, BTW), I gather it may have to do with the current economy and the fact people don't want to pay too much for DVDs. You still have some people paying big money, but I suppose these must be in minority on the market (and missing like a couple of titles only) so it leads the sellers to have lower prices if they want their stuff gone. That and the bootleg/pirate copies available and that sell for less. I'm not well aware of the rare titles, but it's also possible some are available via iTunes and thus people will get these that way rather than buy the DVD.

I'd love to have a good release of Six Assassins. I haven't seen that one in ages.

I have United disc, was 4$+shipping at thaimegamart.Somehow I like that movie a lot even as it´s after all standard swordplay flick. Heads for sale by same director is even superior...

Some of these prices are insane. $50 for one DVD

No disagreement on that. I have paid 3 times for disc even more than that...Joys of collecting are when you get rare item for fair price, and pleasure is even greater when you find item well below it`s worth...

But sooner or later many collectors find themselves in situation they come across title which has been heavily overpriced. Either pay it or let it go...Neither is good really, both decisions can bother you later...

Secret Executioner
No disagreement on that. I have paid 3 times for disc even more than that...Joys of collecting are when you get rare item for fair price, and pleasure is even greater when you find item well below it`s worth...

But sooner or later many collectors find themselves in situation they come across title which has been heavily overpriced. Either pay it or let it go...Neither is good really, both decisions can bother you later...

As I've been collecting vinyl records for 6 or 7 years now - along with collecting DVDs/movies for a couple of years now - I encountered these situations quite often. Can't tell it's pleasant paying for some overpriced item, but it may be even worse letting an item you really wanted pass because you either find it overpriced or can't afford paying too much at the moment. :tinysmile_angry2_t:

As I've been collecting vinyl records for 6 or 7 years now - along with collecting DVDs/movies for a couple of years now - I encountered these situations quite often. Can't tell it's pleasant paying for some overpriced item, but it may be even worse letting an item you really wanted pass because you either find it overpriced or can't afford paying too much at the moment. :tinysmile_angry2_t:

I don't know what they are worth, not much I bet, but I got a copy of War heroes & Rainbow Bridge from Jimi Hendrix on vinyl and I was really happy to get them just for the fact that they were vinyl.

I love collecting old stuff like that

Archived