Is this a rare cover Bruce Lee's The Big Boss?

AdmiralKirk

AdmiralKirk

Well i was searching Amazon, and i came across this cover of The Big Boss

http://www.amazon.com/Laserdisc-Laser-Disc-Bruce-Widescreen/dp/B002LQQ9NI/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1310162607&sr=1-2-fkmr0

If you look at the second picture you can tell that it contains a grey and white photograph of the second prostitute scene. I believe that this disc may have some rare footage, you guys can click on the link and see for yourselves.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Reel Power Stunts

I'm pretty sure this is just the US laser popularly available in the 90's. No rare footage I think.

I remember as a young lad being confused as to why, when I first got "Enter the Dragon" on sell-thru VHS tape, it had a picture of John Saxon & Bruce from a scene not in the film - (it was just a behind the scenes shot of them chatting). I was also surprised the first time I saw "Enter" that Bruce didntr fight Bolo - having seen so many photos of Lee kicking Bolo. Once again, those shots were behind-the-scenes (of Lee choreographing), or just posed publicity shots.

It's not that unusual for an LD, VHS or DVD cover to show images not from the final cut. The designer who puts them together uses what materials they are given, and sometimes they probably don't even watch the movie...

tangshandaxiong

I think the only rarity is the alternate title and the picture on the back cover but nice find though.

Does it contain any rare footage?

On the movie? No. But there is a rare (back then it was) photo in the back of the sleeve of a near-naked Bruce Lee during one of his "cut" visits to the whore house.

I remember looking at that laser disc and seeing that photo for the first time.

AdmiralKirk

I feel like idiot right now, i thought this might actually contain some kind of deleted scenes. But i guess Video Asia might possess it.

Shawoholic
I feel like idiot right now, i thought this might actually contain some kind of deleted scenes. But i guess Video Asia might possess it.

No reason to be.Thousands of BL fans have thought same about different releases and going to do it again and again.

Archived