Tactical Force (2011) - Steve Austin and Michael Jai White

AlbertV

Tactical-Force-DVD.jpgTrailer

TACTICAL FORCE is a new action thriller coming out on DVD on August 9. The film stars former WWE superstar Steve Austin and one of KFC's favorites, Michael Jai White, as members of an elite SWAT team in Los Angeles. When they are stuck in an abandoned hangar during a training drill and find themselves in the middle of a gang war, it's time for some major action!!!

From the trailer, Austin does his trademark "wrassling" while us MJW fans will not be disappointed as he gets to strut his martial arts moves in the film. The film also stars Lexa Doig, Michael Shanks, MMA fighter Keith Jardine, and another favorite, Darren Shahlavi.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ShaOW!linDude

Cool! Nice find!

From the trailer it looks to be a predominantly Steve Austin vehicle. Can't say I've ever sat through a single one of his movies......yet. Plan to watch the one he did with Gary Daniels over the weekend. I'm just not big on wrestlers turned action stars. (Yes, I admit Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson is the exception.)

Cool I hope the movie turns out well. I heard Dolph Lundgren is making an action flick with Seve Austin too!

Austin is currently filming RECOIL, with Danny "Machete" Trejo and the one DragonSword you mentioned, THE PACKAGE, is in pre-production and the director is Ernie Barbarash, who directed the Van Damme/Adkins film ASSASSINATION GAMES (formerly WEAPON).

I rented TACTICAL FORCE last week and for what they had to work with, it was not too bad, not too great either. The middle seemed a little sluggish at times. What I did like was the intercuts of action sequences, notably an intercut of a car chase between Austin and villains and Keith Jardine with a fight sequence between Michael Jai White and Darren Shahlavi.

The end fight between Austin and Jardine was not too bad as Jardine resorted to his trademark MMA and Austin surprisingly using a bit of MMA and wrestling.

The Russian villain seemed miscast to me, but Darren Shahlavi provided a bit (little bit) of comic relief as a trash talkin' Italian mobster, plus Austin had a great line..."Bruce Lee would have been proud of that shit" and follows it with a funny kung fu pose that only Austin would have pulled off. :D

Austin is currently filming RECOIL, with Danny "Machete" Trejo

Surprised it has the same name as the Gary Daniels film.:tongue:

I watched it last week also, I liked the storyline but having the Black Guy as an Italian was funny as hell! When the Russians 1st. came with his crew they should've just Killed the 2 Italians Dudes end of story! Overall I thought it was OK I really thought the Fight with MJW at the end couldv'e really been better to fake, I've seen him do so much better!

Archived