Wrath of Sword Wu Ma Film from 1970

zakato

I have watched the new Widescreen Version from JAMAL last Night.This Wuxia Film from 1970 realesed from Wu Ma is a little Classic. Good Story, bloody Swordfights and many good Actors. The rarescope Version looks good-many little Defects-this not Problem-I love this Grindhousefeeling.

Thanks, Jamal for this forgotten Classic!!!!!!!!

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Caught this one tonight. Not the Jamal disc but one that appears to have been recorded from Korean TV. Unfortunately, it only came with burnt-in Korean subs and Mandarin track so I could only follow the storyline so much.

While far from a masterpiece, it did have a Shaw vibe to it (for the time period) and was a solid effort by first time (solo) director Wu Ma. As the OP stated, plenty of swordplay and noticeable faces including the late, great Shih Kien.

Haven't been able to locate any reviews on this but came across Jamal's teaser on YT. Anyone else see this flick?

51kpTYh7t2Q

odioustrident

Not quite the fun Deaf Mute Heroine was but I thought it was pretty close in overall entertainment value. Great extended finale! It's a shame Wu Ma didn't do more swordplays for Mingxing Film Company before moving on.

Mad Killer, not directed by Wu Ma, is one of the company productions. Never got around to seeing it... How was that one?

9L2hY0IBCTA

Yang Wu Liang

Mad Killer is pure class mate, quite a dark story of a nutter going on a rampage if I remember rightly.

I must get round to watching Wrath of the Sword, thanks for the recommendation.

Archived