Spike Lee In Talks To Direct The OLDBOY Remake?

The Amazing Psycho Per

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• OpiumKungFuCracker

• AlbertV

• TibetanWhiteCrane

• reason108

will the eating the squid scene be cgi ? :xd:, i will still watch it, i did actually enjoy the bollywood version if this movie starring sanjay dutt, he was using a sword in that version.

sifu iron perm
will the eating the squid scene be cgi ? :xd:, i will still watch it, i did actually enjoy the bollywood version if this movie starring sanjay dutt, he was using a sword in that version.

Bollywood the king of biting...when was that made?

TibetanWhiteCrane

I so hope this tanks and in the process ends Spike Lee's career, then maybe he'd shut the fuck up.

• Administrator
KUNG FU BOB

I am staying open-minded for this. I thought the trailer looked like an interesting film has been put together. So, hopefully it will be worthy of the skills of the director of DO THE RIGHT THING, and less like many of Spike's recent stinkers.

On a side note: My copy of the Indian version of OLDBOY- ZINDA should be arriving any day. What to expect from this? :smile:

OpiumKungFuCracker

I'm still going to see it, for the curious mind that I have. Low expectation of course, hey maybe it'll be another Only God Forgives another movie panned by critics but loved by film nerds.

OpiumKungFuCracker

Okay, just got done watching this and I'll say this. The Original Oldboy is like eating the best pizza made in Chicago. Spike Lee's Oldboy is like Red Baron's Frozen pizza. Not as tasty and delicious and freshly made like an oven brick pizza pie in Chicago but still that frozen pizza is still good because you like Pizza?

I no longer have a reply to this post and don't even remember why I came here. It's all because of that horrible turkey image that OpiumKungFuCracker posted above. It's disturbing on sooo many levels that I might be scarred for life!

Okay, just got done watching this and I'll say this. The Original Oldboy is like eating the best pizza made in Chicago. Spike Lee's Oldboy is like Red Baron's Frozen pizza. Not as tasty and delicious and freshly made like an oven brick pizza pie in Chicago but still that frozen pizza is still good because you like Pizza?

LOL! You guys ever wonder why cheap frozen pizzas taste better than expensive frozen pizzas?

As a fan of the Original I am naturally skeptical about a remake. However, this one was directed by Spike Lee who I like and I think Josh Brolin was right for the role. However, apparently Spike Lee's original version was edited by paramount from 140 mins to just 105 mins and Spike is not happy with the end result. And Josh said he prefers the Spike version. It's not clear yet if the 140mins version will see the light of day. The version at the cinema's has had mixed reviews if Rotten Tomatoes is anything to go by. I think I might enjoy it. I enjoyed Scorsese's the Departed even though everyone was slating it when comparing it to the original(Infernal affairs).

I saw it last week. I thought it started off strong. But the story varies a bit from the original and here is where the problems begin. Many gaping plotholes. But the biggest one is the omittance of the woman who uses hypnosis on the protagonists in the original. If you think back to the original film. That character tied up many loose ends as to why characters acted the way they did.

Another problem I had is that Brolin is supposed to be trapped for 20 years. Yet when he is free he barely looks any older. Overall not a terrible film but when comparing it to an icon that is the original it really does the legacy a disservice.

for anyone who wants to check it out.. i see a great hd quality stream online. I enjoyed the movie but like someone else mentioned what really ruined it (or almost ruined it) was the fact he was supposed to be locked up for 20 years but everyone including his old friends look the same age. other than that it was decent. i liked the small fight he had with the football players . worth a watch

the movie could be good if you dont know the original one... the fights were superb,really brutal... I give this a thumb up but it cant touch the original...

Finally saw it. Can't say that I cared for it or that I even thought it ws any good. There was no down time, but it kind of just blew through it all. There was no tension or suspense. Just went along as a picture. This was weird to see from Lee. The long take fight made no sense as all of these guys just burst out of nowhere. That was really B-Flimy. Fight was fine but not how they went about getting there.

Never saw the original but what the big thing was at the end really blew me away. I saw it coming about 10 seconds in and damn. That was rough.

I take it he paid SLJ to "watch over him" then huh?