He Walks Like a Tiger (1973)

teako170

Just watched this old basher. Decent fights but unfortunately it was RAW --

so while the basic storyline was easy to follow, I'm sure I missed out on a lot.

Any of you guys who recently picked up the Eng dubbed, have a synopsis of this?

Lung Ji-Fei looked good. Too bad he only made 6 films.

EDIT: I see Jamal has a burnt-in subs version....

16DTq7c-5Bk

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Shaolivevil

I don't recall ever seeing this one before but I am most certainly interested in seeing more. This virtually has the same cast as THUNDERFIST aka DEATHBLOW (1973) I guess it's because they were produced by the same film company, Dai Gwok.

Shaolin Chamber 36

I watched the English dubbed version of this one a few weeks ago, I remember it having a really great story, loved the plot twist.

Can you provide any details? Thx.

I watched the English dubbed version of this one a few weeks ago, I remember it having a really great story, loved the plot twist.

odioustrident

A man is jailed unfairly for his debts, so his son (rarely used actor Steve Yu Shung-Ying) takes up a job as a traveling medicine salesman / street performer to get him out. During his travels, he is killed in a confrontation with the son of a local kingpin. The son's kung fu school colleague, along with the grieving sister and love interest, come to town as more street performers in order to investigate and/or avenge his death. A local ally of the hero pretends to play both sides of the conflict.... You guys know the drill. Fun but short cameos from Hon Gwok Choi and Yuen Wah as acrobats. Also.... Someno Yukio doing the silliest dance I've ever seen and a 20ish min finale.

Shaolin Chamber 36
A man is jailed unfairly for his debts, so his son (rarely used actor Steve Yu Shung-Ying) takes up a job as a traveling medicine salesman / street performer to get him out. During his travels, he is killed in a confrontation with the son of a local kingpin. The son's kung fu school colleague, along with the grieving sister and love interest, come to town as more street performers in order to investigate and/or avenge his death. A local ally of the hero pretends to play both sides of the conflict.... You guys know the drill. Fun but short cameos from Hon Gwok Choi and Yuen Wah as acrobats. Also.... Someno Yukio doing the silliest dance I've ever seen and a 20ish min finale.

Thanks brother. That's pretty much it. That dance scene was so out of pocket, LOL.

OpiumKungFuCracker

Jut got done watching this today and all I have to say is: IT'S THE GREATEST BASHER MOVIE EVER MADE, PERIOD!!!! I've seen my fair share of Basher movies but this one takes it/breaks it/destroys it/breaks it again and leaving no competition left behind. Fucking amazing, that third act/ non stop action!!!! Two things why kung fu movies are easy to get behind:

1. characters you give a shit about

2. the amazing fight choreography

That's it. it's that simple. There's your kung fu movie.

I saw this in 1974 (!!) under the title KING OF KUNG FU...we were all talking about "Alex Lung" for weeks after (ha!)...I have the raw version on a dvdr...great basher!

I've never been a fan of shapes because they are too unrealistic for me, of course bashers are the same too with their reliance on fights that go on and on and on but the performers do look like they are putting in a shift at least!!

Archived