Friday the 13th

Guest DrunkMantis

OpiumKungFuCracker

Friday the 13th part 5, Nightmare on Elm Street part 5, Halloween 5, Seed Of Chucky, what do they all have in common?

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like part 3 most. One scene worth mentioning is at barn when Jason is searching people to kill and does not find victims he gets angry:bigsmile:

Secret Executioner
Friday the 13th part 5, Nightmare on Elm Street part 5, Halloween 5, Seed Of Chucky, what do they all have in common?

Points when a franchise sold out and became bad ? :tongue:

I've only seen the first Friday the 13th film, a fairly enjoyable effort.

Points when a franchise sold out and became bad ? :tongue:

I actually liked all of those #5 except friday. It was start of big downhill for Mr. Voorhees.

Milking already tiring franchises. Happens to every successful film series.

Realistically, the Friday the 13th franchise should've ended with part 3, and Halloween franchise with part 2. I don't know the deal with either Child's Play and ANOES franchises but seeing as how people keeps bad-mouthing the sequels, it would've been wise to just leave the originals loose without the sequels made.

. I don't know the deal with either Child's Play and ANOES franchises but seeing as how people keeps bad-mouthing the sequels, it would've been wise to just leave the originals loose without the sequels made.

Childs play 2 is actually very good movie, not much weaker than excellent part 1. Sequels after that got weaker but I cannot hate any "good guy" movie...Curse of chucky is best from 3-6.

Secret Executioner
Milking already tiring franchises. Happens to every successful film series.

Realistically, the Friday the 13th franchise should've ended with part 3, and Halloween franchise with part 2.

Can someone remind DiP elements from these films that are already unrealistic ? Like how Mike finished the first Halloween movie (he gets shot multiple times and falls from the upper floor of a house) or the backstory of Jason (who drowned as a kid yet is still somehow alive - guess he must be some kind of undead) ? :tongue:

Concerning Halloween, I read somewhere the original idea was to have various unrelated stories under a same umbrella title - the first 2 films had Mike, the third one (possibly my fav' off the series - I don't care how shocking or weird that may sound) was a completely different story with the masks...

True but if you're going to continue on it's already a bad move anyway because by then, people will already be bored seeing Jason be brought back to life way too much. That itself is worse than the minimal amount of what's already exaggerated.

• Administrator
KUNG FU BOB
Can someone remind DiP elements from these films that are already unrealistic ? Like how Mike finished the first Halloween movie (he gets shot multiple times and falls from the upper floor of a house)....

How about the fact that he gets shot seven times with a six-shooter? :smile:

Archived