Friday the 13th

Guest DrunkMantis

Guest DrunkMantis

I'd like to know which movie of the Friday the 13th:evil series is your favorite and why. Just to have your opinions on them. I personnaly don't recall many of them cause its been a long time since i watched them. Except part 3, i seen it 1 month ago. I liked it but i know there's better ones, heck most of the people say its the worst!

Thanks

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest monwobobbo

i enjoyed them whaen the first few came out. hven't seen the last two yet though. i liked the 3rd one but you have to see it in 3d to really appreciate it. most have one or two good kills but they just can't hold a candle to many of the spanish or italian horror films made in the late 70s-80s. after you've watched ZOMBIE or CANNIBAL FEREUX it's tough to go back to the relitively tame commercial american films like f13th or nihgtmare on elm st flix.

Guest ThunderFoot77

the one where he has to deal with the telepathic chic. I liked how they finally gave jason someone with a little bit of a chance.

by the way mike myers is the man (Halloween)

gravedigger666

Part3.I loved sequence in the end where Jason becomes incredible frustrated when searching someone to slay and kicks walls of barn.

Only 2,3&4 are good.

the one where he has to deal with the telepathic chic. I liked how they finally gave jason someone with a little bit of a chance.

by the way mike myers is the man (Halloween)

Oh that was Part 7: The New Blood.

My favorite of the series was Part 6: Jason Lives. I liked the final showdown between Tommy Jarvis, Jason's arch-nemesis since Part IV (Corey Feldman played him in 4, John Sheppard in 5, and Thom Mathews in 6). Also, Part 6 had the best theme song of the series IMO, "The Man Behind the Mask" by Alice Cooper.

Michael Bay is producing the remake to Friday the 13th for New Line Cinema (or should I say Warner Brothers) and Platinum Dunes, the company responsible for the remakes of The Texas Chainsaw Massacre and The Hitcher.

Marcus Nispel, who directed the TCM remake, will helm the remake with a script by Damian Shannon and Mark Swift.

Jared Padalecki (SUPERNATURAL) is playing the male lead of the film and today, it was announced that Derek Mears (THE HILLS HAVE EYES 2's Chameleon mutant) will play Jason Voorhees. The remake will focus on Jason and his hockey mask, not the original killer.

TibetanWhiteCrane

I have parts 1 through 8! the ones made in the 80's... grew up with them, and those are the "real ones" in my book!

I definitely agree Tibetan...I will say though, I saw Derek Mears' headshot and this guy looks very intimidating. I can definitely see him as Jason.

I know when they made Freddy vs. Jason, many were hoping Kane Hodder would play Jason because he's played him the most (Part VII, VIII, Jason Goes to Hell, and Jason X) and he was pissed when he wasn't offered the role and it went instead to Canadian stuntman Ken Kirzinger.

I could have seen Michael Bailey Smith as Jason also. He played Pluto in the Hills Have Eyes remake and then Papa Hades in Part 2. But I think in terms of the remake, they did a good job with their choice of Jason.

BTW, Friday the 13th comes out February 13, 2009.

Drunken Monk

I think parts II, III and IV are the best with III probably edging it for me. I think up to VI they're all very watchable. Once telepathy gets involved it becomes a little silly and then we're hit with the God-awful "Jason Takes Manhattan." Anything after that should be avoided.

I'm always disappointed when alleged horror fans label the series as below average because they're "cheesy" or "the same thing over and over." For me, that's the point. As a consistent series of slashers they really stand out.

There are some incredibly inventive murders in the series too. The stand out? for me it would be the hand stand machete-meets-groin kill.

I could have seen Michael Bailey Smith as Jason also. He played Pluto in the Hills Have Eyes remake and then Papa Hades in Part 2. But I think in terms of the remake, they did a good job with their choice of Jason.

Michael Bailey Smith was in talks to play Jason so I guess he's out now.

Probably not a popular choice, but I relly liked Jason X. It was ridiculous but somehow it worked. Of the original bunch, I thought 4 was the best. Certainly not 8 or 9 though.

JASON X is my fave outside of part five. Part 10 was such a great popcorn movie. It had a little bit of everything in it. The homage to the Crystal Lake setting of the other films was priceless.

And to think...Chuck Jeffreys had Freddy pulling off some kung fu stuff against Jason. :)

vengeanceofhumanlanterns

Freddy vs Jason was actually pretty good in some parts. When Jason crashes the keg party in the corn field and a guy sets him on fire. He leaves a trail of flames as he walks out of the corn field into the party. Great scene.

Coliseum1972

Me : "Y'all KNOW Halloween OWNS Friday 13th !"

Fanboys : "Nooooooo , it's overrated...just like Bruce Lee films !" *starts crying* :(

LMFAO , just had to yank the chain a bit looooooooooooooooooollll !

:D

Nana Visitor will play Mrs. Voorhees and added to cast are Aaron Yoo (Disturbia) and Danielle Panabaker (Sky High)

The First 5 are good, but 2 and 4 are the best of the series. After 5 Jason becomes a zombie and all though he looked cool he became lame.

Snake_and_Crane

Part 4 is the best. It stays with the story line well and a lot of people meet their maker. The part where he rips McFly from the door when he chases Tommy Jarvis' sister is great.

I thought that the deaths in part 5 were the most creative, but the letdown at the end just killed the whole movie for me.

Coliseum1972

Now I've seen parts 3-9.....it gets tedious from #4 and up , these films are mostly mediocre compared to Halloweens 1 , 2 & 4 imo :l

Recently caught up with the first three films as well as the reboot. While the suspense (that theme song that plays before the kills happen is a definite classic) in the old films still hold to this day, I can't say anything good about everything else unfortunately. The overall content (too much of that silly teen acting stuff) is just outdated which made it quite difficult for me to enjoy the same way I used to when my horror interest was at its' peak. The kills get pretty stale too watching the way the murder scenarios and the way the kills are pulled off are overemphasized. It got tiring after a while so I decided to skip the rest in the franchise knowing what to get anyway. I'm getting old I guess.

The reboot was really something though. There's some dumb acting and clichéd teen stuff (tasty sex scenes though, kudos to the ladies :biggrin:) here too -- particularly during the middle section -- but whenever the film went serious/straight to the point (Clay looking for Whitney, Whitney attempting to escape), it was on. Suspense, intensity, violence, emotions, pessimism. Plus Jason's made more justice here than he has ever been in the whole franchise. Right built (the actor they ended up choosing to play Jason did a good job), runs unlike the later sequels where he'd pop up from nowhere while chasing victims, goes for straight kills and convincingly, and has got more screen-time. All in all, it was a much more pleasant experience this time compared to when I first watched it.

• Administrator
KUNG FU BOB

Haven't seen these in a while, but I kind of remember part 4 being a good one. Is that the one where the kid that survived Jason's attack is grown up and has "a few problems" left over from the emotional and psychological trauma? I recall a scene where someone lays hands on him and he does a sweet unexpected TKD kick and takes the guy out. At the time I thought it was fast and cool, but I wonder how it look to my trained eye now? Hmmm... maybe I'm thinking of part 5... Sorry, I'm not going to look it up right now. :angel: I'm going to watch something with my lady. The rest of WITHOUT WARNING (1980), a "PREDATOR" movie from before there was a PREDATOR flick, with an alien that throws biting, burrowing, living Frisbee critters as he hunts his bad actors... Er, I mean "teenage victims". These kids had not one, but two horror-movie-cliche run-ins with "creepy old dudes" as they made their trip, and they still went to the damn lake! :neutral: As far as I'm concerned they (including a pre-sunglasses David Caruso) got what they deserved. :xd:

Archived