The Crow (2024) Reboot

ShaOW!linDude

ShaOW!linDude

Wasn't this supposed to have been released in May?

PandaPawPaw
1 hour ago, ShaOW!linDude said:

I think that was the original getting a cinema re-release?

• Like 1

On 7/8/2024 at 12:11 AM, PandaPawPaw said:

I think that was the original getting a cinema re-release?

Yeah like that's gonna do wonders for this re-make...

Laugh Reaction GIF by GifGari

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Drunken Monk
On 7/7/2024 at 5:04 PM, ShaOW!linDude said:

I played for one night near me, back in May. To celebrate the original's aniversary.

AlbertV

Not gonna lie...still wished we had a Talon movie, the female version of The Crow who appeared in the series version with Mark Dacascos. Loved Bobbie Phillips in the role.

872f6762ec50537f75a95eda0dc4737a.jpg

• Like 2

DragonClaws

I caught the trailer for this while going to see the latest Mad Max instalment. Like nearly all the movies previewed, it looked generic and really lacking any kind of character and style. A lot of Hollywood films, all look like they have been created by the same production team. I struggle to watch a lot of stuff on Netflix, because it’s so poorly lighter. The new Wizard of Oz, appears to be propaganda for a certain political viewpoint. Like they are more concerned with the message its conveying, rather than the old story and character it is re-using

• Like 1

I'm not an artist but every single poster so far looks like absolute dogshit!

the-crow-poster.jpg?auto=webp&width=1080

Drunken Monk

I don’t really care about posters but I’m sure I’ve seen this one before…

IMG_8391.jpeg

• Haha 1

PandaPawPaw
2 hours ago, laagi said:

I'm not an artist but every single poster so far looks like absolute dogshit!

the-crow-poster.jpg?auto=webp&width=1080

Or as I called him on the previous page................

On 7/5/2024 at 8:07 PM, PandaPawPaw said:

image.jpeg.58d7b71dffe83f340f6a76f48c2a8cb6.jpeg

Oh he looks like a moody bellend.

• Haha 1

I'm trying to resist to keep shitting on this but watching this clip just has me asking yet again...

Why exactly are we calling this 'The Crow'!? For fucks sake why taint Brandon's legacy. They could've easily made this some generic "who gives a fuck" title BUT not they had to make THIS 'The Crow' remake. Seriously!

• Confused 1

23 hours ago, PandaPawPaw said:

Or as I called him on the previous page................

I bet you gonna love this and I wished I'm joking but this comes from an official website for the South American release.

poster_nino.jpg

• Haha 1

PandaPawPaw
18 minutes ago, laagi said:

I'm trying to resist to keep shitting on this but watching this clip just has me asking yet again...

Why exactly are we calling this 'The Crow'!? For fucks sake why taint Brandon's legacy. They could've easily made this some generic "who gives a fuck" title BUT not they had to make THIS 'The Crow' remake. Seriously!

WTF is that shit! The original was simple but way more effective! Have the makers even seen the original? If I ever do watch this then I'm going to have to start drinking.

12 minutes ago, laagi said:

I bet you gonna love this and I wished I'm joking but this comes from an official website for the South American release.

poster_nino.jpg

YhilvL.gif

• Haha 1

Agent U
12 hours ago, laagi said:

C'mon, we all know this 'The Crow' remake will be a failure of biblical proportions.

I know it, you know it, Bill Skarsgard knows it and already went back to Pennywise.

• Haha 2

Well I'll add something (potentially) positive to this thread for a change lol.

'The Crow' got a local rating of 18* which all things considered is pretty crazy. I mean even 'John Wick' got only 16!

So I guess at least the violence will be somewhat enjoyable!? God that sounds so wrong...

*Rated 18 means nobody under the age of 18 is allowed to watch the movie in theatres. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, PandaPawPaw said:

MV5BMjEyOWJjMWQtZTY4Yi00ZjYyLWJhNDktZmRk

a518ed39fdc9642b9500724edbb433fa.gif

So he's a samurai twat now... Jesus this just keeps getting better and better.

Star Trek Hoax GIF

• Haha 1

PandaPawPaw
50 minutes ago, laagi said:

So he's a samurai twat now... Jesus this just keeps getting better and better.

Star Trek Hoax GIF

1.jpg.fdfba0d585c020a1490ac9a8c2f38a66.jpg

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

The lack of interviews or promotion from the cast and crew are an immediate red flag to me or did I miss something here!?

The only interview briefly talking about this remake is the one I found below. And that's two months old! mind you lol.

Edited by laagi

Don't mind me I'll just keep shitting on this remake here. Sorry guys.

Anyone else seen this quote from the director. Guess that explains a lot. I mean I've seen 19 year olds like this like I've seen polar bears on a beach but I guess that might just be me.

It's that famous line: 'Whoever fights monsters must be careful that they don't become one.' That look was me in the '90s when we were squat-raving in London, [mixed with some modern influences] like Post Malone and Lil Peep. I hope people who are 19 today look at him and go, 'That guy is us.'

• Confused 1

Drunken Monk
On 8/10/2024 at 5:06 PM, laagi said:

Don't mind me I'll just keep shitting on this remake here. Sorry guys.

Anyone else seen this quote from the director. Guess that explains a lot. I mean I've seen 19 year olds like this like I've seen polar bears on a beach but I guess that might just be me.

kinda get what he means, but I think he's out of touch. I thin he wants his Eric Draven to have the Li'l' Peep look but he died in 2017.

Who Was Lil Peep? How the 21-Year-Old Rapper Showed Us What 'Gone Too  Young' Looks Like in the YouTube Era

But people lie Li'l' Xan and Ghostemane are still around...

When did Lil Xan start making music?

Rapper GHOSTEMANE Releases Lo-Fi Black Metal Album, And… It's Good!

But one them's 27 years old and the other is 33.

• Haha 1

PandaPawPaw
3 hours ago, Drunken Monk said:

kinda get what he means, but I think he's out of touch. I thin he wants his Eric Draven to have the Li'l' Peep look but he died in 2017.

Who Was Lil Peep? How the 21-Year-Old Rapper Showed Us What 'Gone Too  Young' Looks Like in the YouTube Era

ee94ecd0d82124f9b7fde6f6a35f990c.gif

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Drunken Monk said:

Out of touch is an understatement here! I mean how many 19 year olds walk around like this?

Also and that just might be me since I'm not aware what's considered "edgy" nowadays BUT all of them look like a cardboard cut out of a try hard social media douche!

• Like 1

Drunken Monk
13 hours ago, laagi said:

try hard social media douche!

Try hard social media douches are in fashion, as much as it pains me to say. Maybe we're the ones out of touch because we don't understand this look. Perhaps we're getting old and the kids are dictating what's cool these days. I get it. I don't love it, but I get it.

• Like 1