The Crow (2024) Reboot

ShaOW!linDude

Drunken Monk
3 minutes ago, laagi said:

I might be in the minority here and yes it did have several shortcomings but I actually enjoyed his version of GITS. 

I also enjoyed his version of Ghost in the Shell. More than I'm willing to admit, if I'm honest. Besides the poor casting, I think it's a pretty damn good film.

• Buddha Bless You 1

PandaPawPaw

I think GITS sucks in both live action and Anime form (there are some cool scenes in both no doubt), but that's just me.

• Love 1

30 minutes ago, PandaPawPaw said:

I think GITS sucks in both live action and Anime form (there are some cool scenes in both no doubt), but that's just me.

posts brian GIF

PandaPawPaw
35 minutes ago, laagi said:

posts brian GIF

a6eb30ac-5cee-4d1e-b64f-7bd986f1912c_tex

I do like this scene from the original. Dead Souls by NIN is awesome too.

I do wonder if that was done by a double as you don't see Brandon's face at all except the end though I guess there isn't much chance in that scene to show it?

• Buddha Bless You 1

J.J. Hayden

Crack fiend Crow......well it can't be said that this wasn't expected. It is after all a "modern take" or "re-imagining" or whatever pseudonym for DOA they want to use these days.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

PandaPawPaw

Just saw this up for pre-order..............

x800-7668_1024x1024@2x.jpg?v=1709310381

x800-7669_1024x1024@2x.jpg?v=1709310381

x800-7674_1024x1024@2x.jpg?v=1709310381

x800-7671_1024x1024@2x.jpg?v=1709310381

Still better than Emo Rapper twat!

DarthKato
14 hours ago, PandaPawPaw said:

Just saw this up for pre-order..............

x800-7668_1024x1024@2x.jpg?v=1709310381

x800-7669_1024x1024@2x.jpg?v=1709310381

x800-7674_1024x1024@2x.jpg?v=1709310381

x800-7671_1024x1024@2x.jpg?v=1709310381

Still better than Emo Rapper twat!

Not going to lie, I kind of want one of those. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

PandaPawPaw

"You feel like my person"

"You feel like my person"

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

OK as a standalone movie not related to the Crow I could maybe get behind it but it is and it loses everything that made the original work!

Also it's all so bright! No darkness to it!

Long live the OG Crow Brandon Lee.

• Like 1

AlbertV
Posted (edited)

Oh Brandon will always be the OG, but I'm not gonna lie. I like what Bill Skarsgard does here. He's not trying to emulate Brandon it looks like. It is similar to what he did with Pennywise. Sure Tim Curry will always be the OG, but Bill made his own version of the character and adds a sense of ruthlessness to it and it looks the same here. I am digging what he did here and I'll check it out. 

If I get hate for this, that's okay, but that's my 2 cents. 

the-crow-2024-film-poster.jpg

Edited by AlbertV
  • Like 3
  • Buddha Bless You 1

The trailer looks pretty good if I'm totally honest BUT I'm with @PandaPawPaw here WTF does this have to do with 'The Crow'?

As a standalone this might actually work so why on earth attach the legacy of Brandon Lee to it!? That's just some dumb f*cked up shit as far as I'm concerned.

Also gotta say I'm surprised by the level of carnage in the trailer. I mean Jesus! At least the action seems to deliver BUT I'm worried about the story. Anyway if view count is any indication I doubt this will make a big splash at the box office.

• Buddha Bless You 1

PandaPawPaw
5 minutes ago, laagi said:

The trailer looks pretty good if I'm totally honest BUT I'm with @PandaPawPaw here WTF does this have to do with 'The Crow'?

As a standalone this might actually work so why on earth attach the legacy of Brandon Lee to it!? That's just some dumb f*cked up shit as far as I'm concerned.

Also gotta say I'm surprised by the level of carnage in the trailer. I mean Jesus! At least the action seems to deliver BUT I'm worried about the story. Anyway if view count is any indication I doubt this will make a big splash at the box office.

If they called it The Pigeon or The Eagle or some other bird I would of been like "OK this looks good!"

I'm sure it'll do well with the young crowd of today though.

6b8ccd11-9135-45ab-8a1c-ebb97d87ebe3_tex

Any word if the Skull Cowboy will be a part of this remake? At least that would make a somewhat interesting addition as opposed to the original.

• Like 1

Drunken Monk

The trailer didn't grab me but it didn't deter me either. I just feel mostly indifferent to it. I mean, it looks cool enough and I will still watch it but it certainly didn't blow me away. It looks violent but the action in the trailer failed to impress.

But I'm not judging too harshly. It certainly looked interesting and it seems like there are a bunch of intriguing characters populating this world.
I don't know much about the lore of The Crow but, to me, this definitely looks like a version of The Crow. It has all the signatures. Perhaps I'll watch the trailer again to se if I warm up to it.

• Like 1

OpiumKungFuCracker

Looks like the ol run of the mill vigilante movie we’ve seen everyday on the streaming hits channel.  They all look the same to me. 

DarthKato
14 hours ago, PandaPawPaw said:

Okay, I think it looks fine. But, it shouldn't have been a remake. They should have made a new story, with new characters, set in the Crow universe, like they did with City of Angels. Because come on, Joker Jr has nothing on Brandon Lee. I'll watch it, but I already know it will never reach the heights of the original. It will probably, at most, be an okay revenge flick with a lot of action. 

• Like 1

On 3/15/2024 at 12:46 AM, OpiumKungFuCracker said:

Looks like the ol run of the mill vigilante movie we’ve seen everyday on the streaming hits channel.  They all look the same to me. 

This Up Here GIF by Chord Overstreet

On 3/15/2024 at 1:17 PM, PandaPawPaw said:

very-huntesque-looking-tattoos-in-the-new-crow-movie-hands-v0-q84smho6zklc1.jpg.fb5f2fa0ee471cf0daf52e9890883992.jpg

LOL WTF is that! His tats look so stupid!

best-tattoo-idea-ive-seen-in-a-while.jpg

• Haha 2

PandaPawPaw
Posted (edited)

image.jpeg.58d7b71dffe83f340f6a76f48c2a8cb6.jpeg

Oh he looks like a moody bellend.

Edited by PandaPawPaw
  • Haha 1

Even the posters have this "zero effort" look! Seriously fuck this re-make or whatever you wanna call it...

The Crow GIF

• Like 1