The Crow (2024) Reboot

ShaOW!linDude

1 hour ago, AlbertV said:

Especially Wicked Prayer. I just wasn't really feeling that one. I did like City of Angels and Salvation.

Lionsgate is going to release the reboot in 2024, to coincide with the 30th anniversary of the original film. 

And hopefully finally give the original a proper release! I'll take that one over any reboot any time of day.

• Buddha Bless You 1

https://variety.com/2024/film/news/ballerina-pushed-2025-the-crow-moves-june-2024-release-date-1235918869/

The Crow, starring Bill Skarsgard, FKA Twigs, and Danny Huston, will be coming out on June 7 this year, taking the spot originally set for John Wick-spinoff Ballerina, which has been delayed a full year to June 6, 2025. 

41 minutes ago, AlbertV said:

https://variety.com/2024/film/news/ballerina-pushed-2025-the-crow-moves-june-2024-release-date-1235918869/

The Crow, starring Bill Skarsgard, FKA Twigs, and Danny Huston, will be coming out on June 7 this year, taking the spot originally set for John Wick-spinoff Ballerina, which has been delayed a full year to June 6, 2025. 

And yet nothing!? Not a single photo, poster, teaser, trailer NOTHING! I mean are they going "full surprise" on this one or what?

PandaPawPaw

I saw this fan art of Brandon with a face swap.................

df2x4ag-0d3267f2-2df0-4356-803c-ba7e49b9

Some A.I art.

bill-skarsgard-as-eric-draven-ai-generat

bill-skarsgard-as-eric-draven-ai-generat

Edited by PandaPawPaw
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, laagi said:

Please tell me this is a bad joke and not an official pic :wondering

Sadly...it's an official photo

• Sad 1
  • Angry 1

venom10463
1 hour ago, Drunken Monk said:

IMG_5950.jpeg

When I first saw that image, I said to myself why does he look like Joker from the Suicide Squad movie.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Drunken Monk

I don't mind the look at all. He doesn't look like Brandon Lee but why should he? If he did, the internet would be bubbling with "What a ripoff!" comments. This is a more modern look, for sure, but I don't think it'll take anything away from the overally vibe of the film.
"Tatted up" is the look these days, is it not? Brandon Lee's Draven was a sign of the times. This one is a sign of the current fashion climate.

The look was apparently inspired by the likes of Post Malone and Lil' Peep...

Emo-Rapper Lil Peep Says His Fearless Style Is What Fashion Needs ...

• Haha 1

PandaPawPaw
2 hours ago, Drunken Monk said:

IMG_5950.jpeg

1 hour ago, AlbertV said:

Image may contain Adult Person Fire Flame Accessories Jewelry and NecklaceImage may contain Kissing Person Romantic Adult Face Head Photography and Portrait

More with Eric and Shelly, played by FKA Twigs. 

Oh they can fuck off with that shite! Looks like an emo rapper twat!

Edited by PandaPawPaw
  • Haha 3
  • Buddha Bless You 1

10 minutes ago, PandaPawPaw said:

fire destroy GIF

• Haha 3

OpiumKungFuCracker
55 minutes ago, PandaPawPaw said:

I hope Brandon Lee haunts them lolol

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Josh Baker

Because of his untimely demise, this has always felt like "Brandon's film" and the idea of rebooting felt distasteful to me. But this looks so different to the original film that I'm going to give them a bit of leeway, that the approach to the source material will be fresh and completely different. But I doubt it. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

51 minutes ago, Josh Baker said:

Because of his untimely demise, this has always felt like "Brandon's film" and the idea of rebooting felt distasteful to me. But this looks so different to the original film that I'm going to give them a bit of leeway, that the approach to the source material will be fresh and completely different. But I doubt it. 

Yeah I was gonna say something similar but these early pics I mean GOD DAMN! This looks like the wet dream of some Gen Z Influencer. 

I'm totally with @PandaPawPaw here, why on earth did they make him look like a total twat!

• Love 1
  • Haha 1
  • Buddha Bless You 1

PandaPawPaw

I stubbled across this. A fan made movie from 2022. Looks shite too.

There is only one Brandon Lee/Crow!

F-lLcZPW4AABxn5.jpg

• Love 2

DarthKato

So instead of someone cool like Brandon Lee, we get someone that looks like the Suicide Squad Joker's lame ass brother. I cannot see this failing at all. lol

Shame Facepalm GIF by MOODMAN

• Haha 3

7 hours ago, DarthKato said:

So instead of someone cool like Brandon Lee, we get someone that looks like the Suicide Squad Joker's lame ass brother. I cannot see this failing at all. lol

Shame Facepalm GIF by MOODMAN

This is clearly not targeted at us :laugh The reddit crowd is already having a massive boner over the pics. Assuming 90% of them are some teenage girls who have a crush on Skarsgård!

BTW, does anyone know what rating they're aiming for? At least and R-rating would promise some potential carnage but I'm sure they're going for the PG-13 to appease their "customer base".

Edited by laagi
  • Like 2

Drunken Monk
2 hours ago, laagi said:

BTW, does anyone know what rating they're aiming for? At least and R-rating would promise some potential carnage but I'm sure they're going for the PG-13 to appease their "customer base".

The dirtector has said that they aimed for an R rating. Quote...

"...we are going to do an R-rated movie. I come from Europe, I'm very dark so I'm going to go for it. If any movie has to be R-rated then it's The Crow."

• Buddha Bless You 1

1 hour ago, Drunken Monk said:

The dirtector has said that they aimed for an R rating. Quote...

"...we are going to do an R-rated movie. I come from Europe, I'm very dark so I'm going to go for it. If any movie has to be R-rated then it's The Crow."

Well at least that's some good news :laugh But still the lack of marketing etc. is worrisome to say the least and this potential stinker is supposedly hitting theaters in June!

OpiumKungFuCracker

Oh shit it the same clown who directed Ghost in the turd with Scarlett lmfao. RIP Crow remake🙏

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, OpiumKungFuCracker said:

Oh shit it the same clown who directed Ghost in the turd with Scarlett lmfao. RIP Crow remake🙏

I might be in the minority here and yes it did have several shortcomings but I actually enjoyed his version of GITS. 

• Love 1
  • Confused 1