The Crow (2024) Reboot

ShaOW!linDude

Downton Abbey actress Jessica Brown Findlay has been cast as Eric Draven's fiancee Shelley Webster in the reboot.

• Like 2

Looks like the project is nearing dead because Relativity Media has filed for bankruptcy and Colin Hardy, the latest director hired, is looking to quit because of all the delays. Jack Huston, who was the latest cast as Eric Draven, has already quit. I won't be surprised if this is reboot that will be flatlined and put to rest. 

• Like 2

If they insist on doing another crow movie then why not do a completely different story instead of a reboot? Leave the eric draven character alone and stop trying to capitalize off of when Brandon Lee portrayed the character.That's all they're trying to do y'know.

why not focus on a female crow character? There's a comic book storyline already written and everything.All it needs is a movie adaptation written for it.

Gina Carano can play the role since they disssed her for the wonder woman role.

• Like 3

They did a female Crow on the TV series version that starred Mark Dacascos as Eric. Her name was Talon and she was played by Bobbie Phillips, who looks like she hasn't aged a day since then. 

Talon044.jpg

• Like 3

Thank god. But we all know how hollywood works and they will eventually get this movie made one way or another. 

The same can't be said about Revenge of the Nerds. They tried to reboot it, began production then just killed it halfway through a few years back. I agree with kokuryuha...just do a thematic sequel in the vein of Salvation and Wicked Prayer. I would have liked City of Angels had they had not made Vincent Perez a virtual Brandon-clone. 

• Like 1

OpiumKungFuCracker

They did a female Crow on the TV series version that starred Mark Dacascos as Eric. Her name was Talon and she was played by Bobbie Phillips, who looks like she hasn't aged a day since then. 

Talon044.jpg

Whoa, where can I find this show and how come I've not heard of it?

• Like 1

Whoa, where can I find this show and how come I've not heard of it?

https://www.amazon.com/Crow-Stairway-Heaven-Complete/dp/B000OCY7OO/ref=sr_1_1?s=movies-tv&ie=UTF8&qid=1443635816&sr=1-1&keywords=the+crow+stairway+to+heaven

The series was The Crow: Stairway to Heaven, and as I mentioned, Mark Dacascos plays Eric Draven in it. However, the difference here is that when he is ready to fight, the makeup "magically" appears on his face, but there are some good fight scenes for the series. Lasted one season from 1998-1999.

However, the series is also known for some tragedy: Marc Akerstream, who played gang leader Tony in Jackie Chan's Rumble in the Bronx, died on the set of one episode when he was hit by debris from an explosion during a stunt sequence. Akerstream was one of the series' stunt coordinators at the time of his passing. 

Edited by AlbertV
  • Like 1

crow-reborn-daredevil-s3-begin-productio

The photo says it all...production is getting ready on the officially titled The Crow Reborn. Colin Hardy (director) and Jason Momoa (Eric Draven) posted this photo on social media to announce the film.

• Like 2

It's been a while I guess but here's some interesting news in term of character design, shooting location etc. I'm still a bit on the fence on this whole reboot idea. I like Momoa but I can't really see him as Eric Draven as of now.

http://www.dreadcentral.com/news/270884/corin-hardys-the-crow-character-details-start-date-revealed/

Edited by laagi
  • Like 1

Momoa is not the only one who left...Colin Hardy has left the film as well. This could mean the project may be essentially on life support or dead.

• Like 1

The long troubled Crow reboot is now back in development with a new writer, director, and actor being sought. Davis Films, Highland Film Group and Electric Shadow, who had previously had a deal in place to finance and distribute, are still involved in the project.

https://www.darkhorizons.com/the-crow-reboot-is-back-in-development/

Edited by AlbertV
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, DragonClaws said:

I was about to comment how bad and confusing this looked, but then I saw it was Fan-Made. It's still not good, but at least I know why now. lol

• Like 3

Major update: Production is officially scheduled for June 2022 in Prague and Munich on the long-developed reboot of The CrowRupert Sanders (Ghost in the Shell, Snow White and the Huntsman) will be helming the film based off a script by Zach Baylin.

Bill Skarsgard has officially closed the deal and will play Eric Draven while British-born singer and dancer FKA Twigs will play Shelly Webster.

https://www.darkhorizons.com/bill-skarsgard-to-lead-the-crow-reboot/
https://www.darkhorizons.com/fka-twigs-joins-the-crow-reboot/

Edited by AlbertV
  • Like 2

I'm still struggling to understand that this (as many others) is something we really need. 

The Crow at least to me is one of the finest comic book adaptions not to mention a damn fine film in its own right. Even without the entire tragedy and hence conspiracy surrounding it.

I just sometimes feel there's certain things not only in NO need for a reboot but be better left alone.

So much speaks against this and either way the movie is probably bound to fail. Fans of the original and Brandon will hate it regardless. So who's left? Is The Crow mainstream enough to attract a new audience. I highly doubt it.

I respect Bill Skarsgard and loved him as Pennywise. As for the female casting... Well that's an entirely different story. 

I don't know I can't seem to like the thought of this happening. Not to mention all the turbulence this is already going through even BEFORE production has actually started.

To me this looks like a dead on arrival reboot. However, I'll give it a chance as I always do but this is gonna be a damn hard sell!

• Like 5

I honestly don't see this turning out that great. I was kind of interested when Jason Momoa was on board, but now that he is gone, I don't really care that much. If it gets made, and if I find it at Big Lots for five bucks. I might pick it up. I don't see me getting it any other way. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Production has begun and is the first international film to be filmed at the new Penzing Studios in Munich, Germany. Shooting will be done in Munich and Prague. Danny Huston has also been cast in an unspecified role opposite Bill Skarsgard, who plays Eric Draven and FKA Twigs as Shelley Webster. King Richard writer Zack Baylin wrote the script. 

https://www.darkhorizons.com/the-crow-film-set-at-penzing-studios/

• Like 1

Having read that they plan to turn this into a franchise (if proven successful) instantly made me gag. Just why!? I'm so sick and tired of this mindset.

Oh yeah and to make matters worse it's called an "Anti-Marvel" movie.

Excuse me while I have to throw up after all this brilliant marketing drivel.

Edited by laagi
  • Like 3

On 10/9/2023 at 12:03 AM, laagi said:

Having read that they plan to turn this into a franchise (if proven successful) instantly made me gag. Just why!? I'm so sick and tired of this mindset.

Oh yeah and to make matters worse it's called an "Anti-Marvel" movie.

Excuse me while I have to throw up after all this brilliant marketing drivel.

Plus the Brandon Lee Crow is good already so no need for a reboot. The OST is great too!

16 minutes ago, laagi said:

Excuse Me What GIF by Rosanna Pansino

c40323c9-17d0-4539-8f58-cf52d66d6bb3_tex

It's definitely really good but not sure about a masterpiece................................................

Compared to the sequels though it is a MASTERPIECE!

29 minutes ago, PandaPawPaw said:

It's definitely really good but not sure about a masterpiece................................................

Compared to the sequels though it is a MASTERPIECE!

Especially Wicked Prayer. I just wasn't really feeling that one. I did like City of Angels and Salvation.

Lionsgate is going to release the reboot in 2024, to coincide with the 30th anniversary of the original film. 

Edited by AlbertV