The Crow (2024) Reboot

ShaOW!linDude

The core audience for this is clearly 13-year-old girls who shop are Hot Topic and their skinny Soundcloud rapper boyfriends. - FILMHOUNDS Magazine

sad black and white GIF

• Haha 1

OpiumKungFuCracker

Kill this thread already!! Out of respect for Brandon Lee RIP

• Like 1

PandaPawPaw

Contains spoilers.

I don't care about reading/seeing spoilers about this movie but just watching the above video seems like it might be enough to clue me in on how the film is.

Talk about a murder of crows. Lionsgate's The Crow was pulled from 2,456 theaters on its third weekend, and it was completely annihilated. It collapsed a horrible 93% this weekend, earning just $130,790. The film has earned just $9.2 million and its run is pretty much over. It's gonna finish below the original Crow's opening weekend ($11 million) and that's not even adjusted for inflation!

Found on:

Lionsgate must be so proud having this and Borderlands fighting tooth and nail for the title of biggest bomb evaaaaaaaaaa.

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, Agent U said:

Talk about a murder of crows. Lionsgate's The Crow was pulled from 2,456 theaters on its third weekend, and it was completely annihilated. It collapsed a horrible 93% this weekend, earning just $130,790. The film has earned just $9.2 million and its run is pretty much over. It's gonna finish below the original Crow's opening weekend ($11 million) and that's not even adjusted for inflation!

Found on:

Lionsgate must be so proud having this and Borderlands fighting tooth and nail for the title of biggest bomb evaaaaaaaaaa.

It's already going to Digital and On Demand on Friday

Edited by AlbertV
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, AlbertV said:

It's already going to Digital and On Demand on Friday

Sadly that's not surprising.

What is surprising is how I'm actually enjoying The Crow: Stairway to Heaven!

It's very watchable at 42mins per ep and it all whizzes by. The stories are OK and Dacascos as Eric is decent. Some OK-ish fights here and there and the music is good (which get a run down at the end of each ep which is handy).

It's not as dark as the OG film though the Eric and Shelly stuff isn't too bad and the character Sarah plays a bigger role.

It doesn't feel like it trying to be like the OG and is clearly it's own thing which helps it a lot. Way better than the sequels that's for sure!

I even like the OP. :D

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, PandaPawPaw said:

Sadly that's not surprising.

What is surprising is how I'm actually enjoying The Crow: Stairway to Heaven!

It's very watchable at 42mins per ep and it all whizzes by. The stories are OK and Dacascos as Eric is decent. Some OK-ish fights here and there and the music is good (which get a run down at the end of each ep which is handy).

It's not as dark as the OG film though the Eric and Shelly stuff isn't too bad and the character Sarah plays a bigger role.

It doesn't feel like it trying to be like the OG and is clearly it's own thing which helps it a lot. Way better than the sequels that's for sure!

I even like the OP. :D

It suffered the curse as well. During an episode, a boat explodes and behind the scenes,  the shrapnel killed the series' stunt coordinator, Marc Akerstream. He's best known for his role as gang leader Tony in Rumble in the Bronx.  He was 44.

https://variety.com/1998/tv/news/stuntman-killed-in-blast-1117479581/

Edited by AlbertV
  • Sad 2

I remember seeing ads for The Crow: Stairway to Heaven, but never actually watched the show.

Maybe one of these days.

I seem to be remember the show also had a little girl who seemed to be featured quite a bit in TV shows shot in Vancouver in the mid to late 90s.

• Like 1

On 9/9/2024 at 10:23 PM, Agent U said:

Found on:

This entire cluster-fuck is as embarrassing as it is funny but I doubt it'll teach the industry a lesson! Let's just dig up the next legacy and piss on it and pretend this never happened.

8 hours ago, Agent U said:

I remember seeing ads for The Crow: Stairway to Heaven, but never actually watched the show.

Maybe one of these days.

I seem to be remember the show also had a little girl who seemed to be featured quite a bit in TV shows shot in Vancouver in the mid to late 90s.

If you ever want to watch it then you can see it here - https://archive.org/details/The_Crow_Stairway_To_Heaven_Season_1.

:)

• Buddha Bless You 1

1 hour ago, Super Ninja said:

Watched this last night, it makes Borderlands seem like a good movie. It's not all bad, but it's pretty damn awful. 

I hope you didn't pay for this pos... Yes I do advocate piracy for this work of "art"!

Shocked Nicki Minaj GIF by Vevo

• Haha 2

I thought it was fucking awful! Just AWFUL! The first hr or so is some BS love story which I gave no shits about and the villains are all so forgettable and dull! There was probably only one or two deaths I liked but the rest is sooooooooooooooooooooo bad!

The only other bit I liked was the tune called Boadicea by Enya which will always be awesome!

Twigs can't act for shit and I can't stand Bill Skarsgård any more.

Oh well the OG is always there.

23989.gif

Edited by PandaPawPaw

Thanks for all the comments.

One thing I am certain now is that, unless someone kidnaps me, chains me to a wall, locks my head in place facing a screen with this on, and removes my eyelids, I will never EVER watch this movie.

Edited by Agent U
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Agent U said:

One thing I am certain now is that, unless someone kidnaps me, chains me to a wall, locks my head in place facing a screen with this on, and removes my eyelids, I will never EVER watch this movie.

tumblr_n73j7yOBOl1sq1cv2o1_500.gif

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, laagi said:

I hope you didn't pay for this pos... Yes I do advocate piracy for this work of "art"!

Shocked Nicki Minaj GIF by Vevo

Hell no. Had to do my part to make it flop. Can't have Lionsgate thinking we want a sequel. 

• Haha 2

Yeah, this looks like a huge pile of sh*t. It is shocking to me that it's worse than Borderlands, which looks absolutely awful too.

Very unfortunate, I'm still a big fan of the original one, one of my favourite comic adapations. Awesome scenery and vibes.

Edited by chonk
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Agent U said:

Season 2 Episode 8 Nbc GIF by Zoey's Extraordinary Playlist

• Haha 3