The Crow (2024) Reboot

ShaOW!linDude

Full disclosure. I promised myself not to watch this... unless I get an invite to an early screening (EU). Well it's happening.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Drunken Monk said:

The premier was last night, but there's been no early reviews so far (that I can find(. However, this attendee (I have no idea who she is) understood the assignment...

GettyImages-2167625900.jpg?w=800

Plot twist: that atendee was the only one that turned up.

(God, the bag! 🤮 )

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Agent U said:

Plot twist: that atendee was the only one that turned up.

(God, the bag! 🤮 )

Brought to you by TikTok... I mean if that's not a dead giveaway WHO the target audience is I don't know what is lol.

PandaPawPaw
Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, laagi said:

Full disclosure. I promised myself not to watch this... unless I get an invite to an early screening (EU). Well it's happening.

Take some -

May-the-Fourth-2.gif

with you to dull the pain though..................

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b952nk4sjw5vzc394yprrv

:crying

Edited by PandaPawPaw
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, PandaPawPaw said:

Take some -

May-the-Fourth-2.gif

with you to dull the pain though..................

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b952nk4sjw5vzc394yprrv

:crying

Isn't it obvious that I'm going for the babes...

PandaPawPaw
20 minutes ago, laagi said:

Isn't it obvious that I'm going for the babes...

611610ca8a373a4c8e91e483_46630aad-0678-4

611610ca8a373a4c8e91e483_ca1444d6-b9db-4

• Haha 1

PandaPawPaw
Posted (edited)

I thought this was quite cool. She makes a better Crow than bellend. :D

Speaking of.............

even-tho-a-brandon-lee-version-would-hav

Edited by PandaPawPaw
  • Confused 1

Posted (edited)

https://www.theguardian.com/film/article/2024/aug/22/the-crow-review-thriller-remake

https://www.screendaily.com/reviews/the-crow-review/5196477.article

https://www.vulture.com/article/the-crow-2024-review-a-movie-for-goth-incompetents.html

It’s a film hinged on the grand melodramatic sweep of an all-consuming emo romance, but it’s forcefully insisted upon us without anyone ever giving us a reason to believe in it. There’s just no pull, no urge, no passion, just B-roll of two lifeless actors posing for a lower-tier perfume ad.

The Crow longs to be edgy and sobering, but the shallow, melodramatic treatment constantly calls to mind an insecure adolescent male who is trying to prove how dark and deep he is by dressing all in black and talking ponderously about death.

Its two beautiful dummies meet in rehab, where they endure the indignity of being made to wear pink sweatsuits and fall in love during group-therapy exercises. Eric imagines Shelly topless in the sketches he pins to his wall, while Shelly is irresistibly drawn to the way Eric sits by himself, declaring him “quite brilliantly broken.”

Hair Goth GIF by South Park

Edited by laagi

PandaPawPaw

That last bit I posted about. Ugh! Branch, Twig or whatever she is sounds awful!

On 8/18/2024 at 1:38 PM, PandaPawPaw said:

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b9528ja1bvkfoc9l6hewzj

PandaPawPaw

I'm going to be watching all the Crow sequels and the TV show so I can compare how this one is to those though the one with Furlong doesn't fill me with any hope.

• Buddha Bless You 1

1 hour ago, PandaPawPaw said:

That last bit I posted about. Ugh! Branch, Twig or whatever she is sounds awful!

Jesus Fuck that's some serious cringe inducing shit! I don't think I can take that for 111 minutes lol.

Animated GIF

• Haha 1

Pandaman

image.gif.a0d61bf5e099761c958a4c40b7892417.gif

When someone on Twitter tries to convince me that Crow 2024 is the John Wick of Supernatural movies.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Pandaman said:

image.gif.a0d61bf5e099761c958a4c40b7892417.gif

When someone on Twitter tries to convince me that Crow 2024 is the John Wick of Supernatural movies.

X username Im14andthisisdeep?

Just Asking GIF by ABC Network

Pandaman
33 minutes ago, laagi said:

X username Im14andthisisdeep?

Just Asking GIF by ABC Network

Some studio shell named Anthony who claimed he knew a dude who did stunts in the film. Was a Supernatural John Wick action flick.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Pandaman said:

Some studio shell named Anthony who claimed he knew a dude who did stunts in the film. Was a Supernatural John Wick action flick.

Keanu Reeves Gun GIF by John Wick: Chapter 3 - Parabellum

john wick lionsgate GIF by John Wick: Chapter 2

The Crow GIF by Lionsgate

• Haha 1

Pandaman
3 hours ago, laagi said:

Keanu Reeves Gun GIF by John Wick: Chapter 3 - Parabellum

john wick lionsgate GIF by John Wick: Chapter 2

The Crow GIF by Lionsgate

I knew John was the boogie man but damn, I never knew he was into goth trying to be the Crow?

• Haha 1

PandaPawPaw
Posted (edited)

I was reading on Wiki about two unmade films.

The Crow: 2037

Initial development on a third Crow film was announced in August 1997, when Rob Zombie was attached to make a directorial debut with The Crow: 2037. White Zombie covered the KC and the Sunshine Band hit "I'm Your Boogie Man" for the soundtrack of The Crow: City of Angels, and after seeing Rob Zombie's work on the video he produced for the song, Edward Pressman offered Zombie the opportunity to helm the third Crow film. Had the film been made, Zombie planned to shift focus in tone from the revenge angle of the previous two entries, to a more horror based approach. The film would've began in 2010, when a young boy and his mother are murdered on Halloween night by a Satanic priest. A year later, the boy is resurrected as the Crow. Twenty-seven years later, and unaware of his past, he has become a bounty hunter on a collision course with his now all-powerful killer.

EDIT: From IMDB: "Rob Zombie was originally set to write, direct and score the film, but he was fired because of creative differences. In an interview, Zombie explained what made him quit was when he submitted a script featuring an older, nastier Crow in a gruesome Spaghetti Western specifically with Scott Glenn in mind for the protagonist. The producers liked his idea until a year later when they saw the box office success for I Know What You Did Last Summer (1997) and came to Zombie telling him they wanted to make the third movie a teen-slasher possibly starring Skeet Ulrich as the Crow, to which Zombie replied, "This is absurd!" and quit."

The Crow: Lazarus

In July 2000, rapper DMX had been in discussions with producers about a fourth Crow film titled The Crow: Lazarus about a rapper who chooses to leave the music scene for the love of a woman and is killed during a drive-by shooting. The rapper is then reincarnated as The Crow in order to take revenge on the gang responsible for his death. Production had been slated to begin in November of that year, but the project ultimately never came to be.

dmx-bark.gif

EDIT: From IMDB: "Originally a "Crow" film was planned to be filmed in the early 2000's called "The Crow: Lazarus" which would have entailed a good undead rapper played by DMX led by the traditional crow, facing off against an evil undead record-producer played by Eminem (who would have made his acting debut here) led by an albino crow. However, Harvey Weinstein halted the project failing to see its potential and therefore this film was made instead."

Edited by PandaPawPaw

PandaPawPaw
Posted (edited)

Christ the City of Angels game is atrocious!

Also looking at the HD version of The Crow I noticed a small CGI error/mistake if you can call it that.

Brandon's CGI face.

1.jpg.36738a4342895d6889d8da5ffa1cc507.jpg

After this there is lighting as the camera pulls away and it's clearly the double and head is positioned differently.

2.jpg.4e6a3295c350ca6c24b7c17a4857ebc7.jpg

Edited by PandaPawPaw
  • Like 1