The Crow (2024) Reboot

ShaOW!linDude

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Drunken Monk said:

Perhaps we're getting old and the kids are dictating what's cool these days. I get it. I don't love it, but I get it.

Working mostly with young people in that age range especially females, believe me we're not out of touch here! They think of them as a bunch of douche bags just like us. So I guess that's kind of a relief lol.

I'd argue that their "fan base" are mostly kids who literally have no clue what life is outside the social media bubble. But I'm glad they'll learn it the hard way one way or the other.

Edited by laagi

Drunken Monk
41 minutes ago, laagi said:

Working mostly with young people in that age range especially females, believe me we're not out of touch here! They think of them as a bunch of douche bags just like us. So I guess that's kind of a relief lol.

I'd argue that their "fan base" are mostly kids who literally have no clue what life is outside the social media bubble. But I'm glad they'll learn it they hard way (painfully) one way or the other.

They let you around young women!? Haha! Juat kidding. I'm glad you have insight into what these youngsters like. I haven't been cool since 1996, and even then, I was questionable.

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Drunken Monk said:

They let you around young women!? Haha! Juat kidding.

Season 2 Lawyer GIF by Martin

PandaPawPaw

I can't seem to find a bigger version of this but it's the best poster so far.

new-poster-for-the-crow-2024-v0-ukcwni05

But then I saw this by Pablo Olivera for the OG film and yeah...................

21.jpeg.5860c2fbd9af7fb1fe2945427b3b7fd0.jpeg

PandaPawPaw
Posted (edited)

Let the tie-ins commence. :P

Edited by PandaPawPaw
  • Confused 1

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, PandaPawPaw said:

Let the tie-ins commence. :P

19 year olds be like wow I can't wait to purchase this in game for an unreasonable amount of money!

i am so fancy matthew broderick GIF

Edited by laagi

PandaPawPaw

Vulture Article - Without Brandon Lee, The Crow Doesn’t Fly.

To true.

Where as........................

Oh please! Skarsgard an icon!?

tumblr_pw94i5SGxz1w0433po1_250.gif

It'll be a while before I get to see it I guess but nothing I have seen so far be it in pictures or footage has given me any sort of indication it'll be any good.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 8/14/2024 at 12:45 AM, PandaPawPaw said:

Vulture Article - Without Brandon Lee, The Crow Doesn’t Fly.

To true.

Where as........................

Oh please! Skarsgard an icon!?

tumblr_pw94i5SGxz1w0433po1_250.gif

It'll be a while before I get to see it I guess but nothing I have seen so far be it in pictures or footage has given me any sort of indication it'll be any good.

I mean look at this latest clip!? In all seriousness what is this suppose to be? Violence alone won't sell this stinker.

• Confused 1

PandaPawPaw

This tattooist took the bellend thing way too seriously!

I agree with this.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

56 minutes ago, PandaPawPaw said:

This tattooist took the bellend thing way too seriously!

I agree with this.

were the millers no ragrets GIF

• Haha 1

Drunken Monk
2 hours ago, laagi said:

I mean look at this latest clip!? In all seriousness what is this suppose to be? Violence alone won't sell this stinker.

I was expecting to find something redeeming in this clip but nope, it's rubbish. The violence isn't even decent. Shitty sword stabs and boring gun shots. The only decent but was the neck snap on the stairs. God, this film's going to be yawn inducing.

• Like 1
  • Buddha Bless You 1

51 minutes ago, Drunken Monk said:

I was expecting to find something redeeming in this clip but nope, it's rubbish. The violence isn't even decent. Shitty sword stabs and boring gun shots. The only decent but was the neck snap on the stairs. God, this film's going to be yawn inducing.

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b952xyy6nwx4t7d4163031

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b952t7zdlpxj77dpksz1o9

slinky#1
Posted (edited)

Doesn't look good at all maybe even terrible to me, but might check it out anyway. Yeah not even the crow vibe. I think they shouldn't make something if it isn't going to be better then the original. My opinion anyway.

https://mrwallpaper.com/images/high/cartoon-goth-boy-beside-a-crow-pfp-3996xzafqwex8lsb.webp

Edited by slinky#1

17 minutes ago, PandaPawPaw said:

Yeah this'll make it better.................................

1.webp.3834940188eafbc48bc880d8011b7efd.webp

Quick add 3D and 4DX to make it better!

Drunken Monk
19 minutes ago, laagi said:

Well I guess the director seems to have found his crowd. Jesus F Christ!

I made it 9 minutes. Videos like these are what's wrong with the internet these days. She's not funny enough to dissect the film on a comedic level. She's making fun of it but it comes across as whiney and juvenile. There's nothing entertaining about her "analysis" at all. To make a video like this (and I should kinda know since I host a movie review podcast) it either needs to be:

• Funny
  • Intelligent enough to offer constructive criticism
  • Unique
  • Appreciative

She offers none of these, whatsoever. It's sad that people think they can just watch something and everyone will follow along because they're pretty. And don't get me wrong, she's obvously nailing what she's going for because she has a Patreon. Although, how much that Patreon makes, I don't know.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Drunken Monk said:

I made it 9 minutes. Videos like these are what's wrong with the internet these days. She's not funny enough to dissect the film on a comedic level. She's making fun of it but it comes across as whiney and juvenile. There's nothing entertaining about her "analysis" at all. To make a video like this (and I should kinda know since I host a movie review podcast) it either needs to be:

• Funny
  • Intelligent enough to offer constructive criticism
  • Unique
  • Appreciative

She offers none of these, whatsoever. It's sad that people think they can just watch something and everyone will follow along because they're pretty. And don't get me wrong, she's obvously nailing what she's going for because she has a Patreon. Although, how much that Patreon makes, I don't know.

Not to make this about gender but women seem to have "certain" advantages when it comes to their online presence. I mean go on YouTube and you'll find the dumbest shit imaginable but at least a host with some boobies. 

You can add this to the entire OF discussion but I'm at a point now where I stopped trying to make senses of it all.

Of course this could also be simple click bait. Looking at the timing and knowing 'The Crow' has a cult following (rightfully so regardless of Lee's tragic death) it's probably no coincidence that she's sharing her drivel now!

I wouldn't be surprised if we get a follow-up video complaining about people's opinion (comments) on her previous quality upload.

Oh Internet please never change!

PandaPawPaw
2 hours ago, laagi said:

Well I guess the director seems to have found his crowd. Jesus F Christ!

What's the word I'm looking for?.................................................

................................ah yes BELLEND.

Ugh She's annoying as fuck. She'll love the new Crow then.

• Haha 1

Drunken Monk
45 minutes ago, laagi said:

Try NOT to focus on the "hairsytle" of FKA Twigs lol.

She's always been a bit of an oddball.

Drunken Monk

The premier was last night, but there's been no early reviews so far (that I can find(. However, this attendee (I have no idea who she is) understood the assignment...

GettyImages-2167625900.jpg?w=800

• Haha 1