Frank Dux Documentary: Put Up Your Dux

mpm74

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply
AndyWayne84

No not all. I don't think anyone has i never to offend i'm just abit shocked Frank now has released this despite hearing alot of talk about it for years.

dionbrother

This will be released the same day as the Ron Van Clief and Bob Wall documentaries that have had trailers online for 3 years. The difference is you can verify Ron and Bob's contributions and achievements in martial arts, but Frank...not so much.

The one to see will be the SEARCHING FOR COUNT DANTE. The director worked his ass off on this one:

http://thesearchforcountdante.com/

This will be released the same day as the Ron Van Clief and Bob Wall documentaries that have had trailers online for 3 years. The difference is you can verify Ron and Bob's contributions and achievements in martial arts, but Frank...not so much.

The one to see will be the SEARCHING FOR COUNT DANTE. The director worked his ass off on this one:

http://thesearchforcountdante.com/

That looks pretty cool.

That Bob Wall docu did come out I believe.

dionbrother

I think you can only get the Wall doc from Bob, and it is mainly an hour of ball-washing his legacy. He once told a friend of mine that he hired Jackie Chan for ENTER THE DRAGON! Bob has highly inflated image of himself, apparently.

bamboo spear

I love Bloodsport, but Frank Dux is crazy. I don't mean like, "Oh, yeah, that dude is nuts!", I mean genuinely crazy, as in can't tell reality from his own lies anymore. His martial arts training, the Kumite, his military history and intelligence work, his interaction with the Black Dragon Society, all of it, complete fabrications.

I think you can only get the Wall doc from Bob, and it is mainly an hour of ball-washing his legacy. He once told a friend of mine that he hired Jackie Chan for ENTER THE DRAGON! Bob has highly inflated image of himself, apparently.

Yeah, a lot of these guys have just lost track of reality. Sad. Bob Wall probably didn't even take credit for supposedly hiring Jackie Chan until Rush Hour came out. I still can't believe that interview where he states he was kicking himself in Game of Death '78 during the locker fight scene.

I love Bloodsport, but Frank Dux is crazy. I don't mean like, "Oh, yeah, that dude is nuts!", I mean genuinely crazy, as in can't tell reality from his own lies anymore. His martial arts training, the Kumite, his military history and intelligence work, his interaction with the Black Dragon Society, all of it, complete fabrications.

Interesting. I've been out of the loop with this guy. The only thing I know of him is Bloodsport obviously, and some articles he wrote for Black Belt magazine back in the day. Didn't know he was a lost soul. Makes the documentary even more interesting!

Dux is a very entertaining character, a real Kung Fu Walter Mitty. His book, The Secret Man, is jaw dropping in it's sheer bullshit factor, but well written and fun enough. Worth a read if you can find it cheap.

As for the Count Dante doc, there's meant to be a new trailer on the horizon. Still no set date for the finished article, however. I understand Floyd Webb, the maker, is taking things very slow and steady.

Just watched this documentary and it was EXTREMELY interesting. I learned a lot of cool facts, especially about the early Van Damme flicks.I seriously don't know why everyone thought this documentary was crap.

I don't believe everything Frank Dux says or does, but the poor guy did suffer some brain damage somewhere along the way.

Just a heads up... its VERY interesting and I highly recommend it. If anything, a great character study and a behind-the-scenes look about what goes on in the shady movie business. Even Sheldon Lettich (writer of Bloodsport and director of Double Impact) throws out some shocking facts.

If you look hard enough, it can be found really easily. =D

I love the fact that he says that he studied martial arts in Asia in the military & thought unarmed combat to navy seals. Yet his military records say he was only in the military for a few months & never served in Asia.

Lies. The movie told me he studies with a Japanese guy who no one has ever heard of or ever been able to track down. :tongue:

ShaOW!linDude
The Dux doc is on netflix.

Yeah, I'm gonna have to hunt that down and stick it in my queue, too.

Ah crap, my bad. Sorry. My bad. I thought I saw it on there. (I mistaken 1 min and 40 seconds for 1 hour and 40 minutes... ).

(and not that it matters, but when I said netflix, I meant youtube.... I swear, maybe the documentary possessed made me dumb.)

Anyways, it is "online." Only reason I grabbed it the way I did is because I refuse to order a copy from Iran. =D The damn thing was never released here! I can't believe it was actually released as JCVD Bloodsport.... I understand titling something for marketing purposes, but come on? What's even more odd is that it's in 3D! WTF? lol

I think the only people who gave it bad reviews were people that actually expected it to be solely about Van Damme/Bloodsport.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/JCVD-Bloodsport-Blu-ray-Frank-Dux/dp/B005M2A2F4

Archived