Hero Makers: Hong Kong Stuntmen in Their Own Words

AlbertV

Hey guys,

A while back, I found this documentary online on Youtube. It is a pretty good film that has interviews with stuntmen Jude Poyer, Ridley Tsui, Chan Siu-Lung, Jack Wong, Derek Cheung, Yeung Ching-Ching, Chin Kar-Lok, and of course, Jackie Chan and Sammo Hung.

The stuntmen talk about how they got started in the Hong Kong film industry, the creation of the HKSA (Hong Kong Stuntman Association), and what they considered some of their worst injuries while shooting. Chin Kar-Lok I thought had a very horrific story involving a stunt on the set of EASTERN CONDORS.

I thought you guys might enjoy this...I think it was from 2002 and is a UK-based documentary on Hong Kong stuntmen.

Here are the links to the Youtube videos...when you have a chance check it out.

GLhQKiLYynE

DeaT86bZk0E

ej044_ESD-Y

_raVURHLmsM

FzXt5bGOyyU

Dg6sozo9oeM

0ib5V8XIlkM

35LJceOJpDk

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply
One Armed Boxer
I thought you guys might enjoy this...I think it was from 2002 and is a UK-based documentary on Hong Kong stuntmen.

Hi Albert, this is a Hong Kong Legends produced documentary, and originally appeared on the Platinum Edition of the movie 'Red Wolf' back in, as you rightly state, '02.

It was re-released on a seperate DVD as part of the Jackie Chan box set that HKL released in '06, which also contained 'Dragon Lord', 'Crime Story', and 'Heart of the Dragon'.

Very insightful, first time I watched it was when I picked up the Chan set, some good tales about the Hong Kong action movie industry.

That's great that this got to be on Youtube for us who don't have the HKL titles. I still wished I saw that 2003 Hwang Jang-Lee interview Big Mike did...ahhhh LOL

This was a good watch when I saw it a while back.

For some reason, I preferred the interview bits of 'Red Trousers', though.

Archived