True Justice - New Steven Seagal TV Drama Series

blue_skies

I just found out that this is new series is coming to the UK on the 6th July on Channel 5 or Channel 5 USA (sorry I wasn't paying attention). Has anybody seen it? Is it any good?

4c82SGr1GZo

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ShaOW!linDude

Hmm. I remember Karlos mentioning this to me quite a while back. I thought the show wound up being canned though before it was due to air because it couldn't secure studio backing.

Well, I don't believe it's even aired here and I've seen no promos for it yet. Sorry. Don't know what to tell you, b_s.

Yeah, myself and SD discussed this show what seems like an age ago!!

As far as I know, this has yet to be broadcast anywhere, making it quite a coup for a UK channel to get it.

Channel 5 do seem keen on ol’ Steve, though; always showing his films and recently shot an hour length interview with him, part of it on one of the actual sets.

Think I read somewhere that Seagal himself part-funded the show and that 13 episodes were made.

The first 2 episodes are on BD/DVD under the title STREET WARS, but I’ve yet see it.

From the clips on the C5 interview it looks a fun enough show, with so many heads going thru car windows and windscreens it can only be good!!

Yeah, myself and SD discussed this show what seems like an age ago!!

As far as I know, this has yet to be broadcast anywhere, making it quite a coup for a UK channel to get it.

Channel 5 do seem keen on ol’ Steve, though; always showing his films and recently shot an hour length interview with him, part of it on one of the actual sets.

Think I read somewhere that Seagal himself part-funded the show and that 13 episodes were made.

The first 2 episodes are on BD/DVD under the title STREET WARS, but I’ve yet see it.

From the clips on the C5 interview it looks a fun enough show, with so many heads going thru car windows and windscreens it can only be good!!

Is this Lawman shown in the USA in 2009?

this seems to be a new drama series not that reality show he made. I figured this would have been shown in the state's first but perhaps not?

I have no idea when it's coming but you can bet it will definitely be shown in the US in the very near future.

Guest Markgway

Several episodes have been made available already on DVD in the UK from Optimum. They stick together two 45m episodes (much like Warners used to do with Walker).

These are the video titles:

Deadly Crossing

Street Wars

Dark Vengeance

Not sure which episodes they represent as I haven't seen any of them.

blue_skies
I just found out that this is new series is coming to the UK on the 6th July on Channel 5 or Channel 5 USA (sorry I wasn't paying attention). Has anybody seen it? Is it any good?

4c82SGr1GZo

starts tonight NOT the 6th:tongue:

Season 2 of Steven Seagal: Lawman starts on 5USA tonight at 10:00pm – looks like they’re being shown in double bills.

True Justice starts this Wednesday on 5USA at 9:00pm.

blue_skies

Did anyone watch this?

I did and all I can say is Seagal should stick to movies. Apparently he wrote the first episode which clearly isn't his strong suit. There's some really awful dialogue that just made me cringe. And the idea that you bring your informant with you to the bad guy so they know it's him who's talking. :squigglemouth:That was just too much for me to bare. Maybe others have a higher tolerance but that really sucked balls and I didn't even finish the episode.

It was just OK-ish and I'm sad to say that, as a Seagal fan.

The supporting cast were pretty terrible and the story was the most cliched load of old rubbish but Seagal himself is always worth a watch.

The strip club with almost fully clothed strippers made me laugh!

You could almost tick off the Seagal-isms as they popped up:

• Being referred to as a sensei - tick

• Having the young women in the show fall for him - tick

• Dishing out great vengeance and not taking any hits himself - tick

But damn it, that's why we love him!! :tongue:

Guest Markgway

It's no great shakes... but it's still slicker and more competant than 99% of his DTV movies.

Until Out for Justice 2 - Ponytail's Revenge comes along it's better than nothing.

It's no great shakes... but it's still slicker and more competant than 99% of his DTV movies.

Until Out for Justice 2 - Ponytail's Revenge comes along it's better than nothing.

I don't know if it's better than nothing. If he stopped making movies investors might take a chance on some young up-and-coming talent, give them a break. The likes of Steven Seagal, Van Damme, Jackie Chan etc are just trading on their names putting out inferior rubbish. I'm tired of watching these shadows of their former selves. They take away opportunities for young exciting stars of tomorrow that are hungry to become the next big thing but can't get the funding. Also it can't help encourage people into watching more martial arts movies, with bland, seen that, done that mediocrity. When a Scott Adkins film struggles for investment to make Undisputed 4 and has to play second fiddle to an over the hill Van Damme something is wrong

ShaOW!linDude

Bumping this because I just came across the premiere ep of this last Friday.

It's airing Friday nights 9 pm Eastern (8 pm Central) time on the cable channel Reelz.

The original air date on the eps is for July of 2011 but I never was able to find it anywhere at the time.

Anyway, for those interested, this is where I came across it and I've already scanned ahead and it is showing this Friday.

It wasn't too bad. We'll see how it plays out. There's some good action as far as shootouts go. The MA was meh but that was due to the editing and it being shot entirely too close up.

One odd thing that made me laugh: Initially I thought this was set in Louisiana because Seagal has a run in with some Cajuns and there's discussion about backwoods and sloops and such. But he's heading a department in the Seattle police force which makes sense because some of the buildings that were shown as landmarks in the city scenes didn't jibe. So....Washington state has Cajuns? Who knew? Not me.:tongue:

Anyhow, just thought I'd clue any interested parties in.

ShaOW!linDude

Okay, I watched the 2nd ep of this. I am not finding this enjoyable.

Everybody, I mean everybody, is trying to come off as so tough and hard, it leaves me totally apathetic. It's overkill.

Seagal's 2 fight scenes are shot so incompetently I want to scream. Either the camera placement is all wrong or it's blocked by his girth. Apparently both.

If this had been on the air 10 yrs. ago with WALKER, TEXAS RANGER & MARTIAL LAW, maybe I could've tolerated it more. Maybe it's just this ep.

The dialogue did have a few gems though:

(Another cop comes to Seagal's office to bring him a file. Seagal notices the guy's in a bad way and comments on it. The guy admits he signed the papers initiating his 2nd divorce that morning.)

Cop: I hate it for the kids. How am I going to pay all that child support? (Or something to that effect.)

Seagal: It's not all dark days. 3 of them are mine.

While kind of funny, would you say that to a coworker going through such? Especially one who comes to work with a gun strapped to his side? Come on.

ShaOW!linDude

Hah! Yeah. I've got a 3rd ep on the dvr....but I just can't bring myself to sit through it.....yet.

ShaOW!linDude

Okay, watched the third. It was a little better, only because of the plot (which is being carried into the fourth, meaning I'll have to watch it to resolve the story).

My gripe: Seagal is fat. And he knows it. Rather than lose the weight, he prefers for his scenes to be filmed with him cropped within the viewing frame. I wouldn't mind this so much except that it ruins the fight sequences. They are so cropped and edited with quick cuts that I can't tell what's going on, only that he is stomping butt. It's driving me crazy.

Guest Markgway

Second series started last week on Five USA (UK).

You can catch up on them at their website here:

http://www.channel5.com/shows/true-justice/

Maybe it's me, but so far (two episodes in) it seems worse than the first series, which I found surprisingly tolerable.

The production seems even more haphazard and sloppy than before (cheap-looking and plenty ADR) and the quality of writing and acting is as bad as Seagal's DTV movies (the same people are responsible, natch).

Also two of the original cast jumped ship (pity as Meghan Ory was hot).

ShaOW!linDude

Yeah, I couldn't make it through the 1st season. I never did watch that 4th ep. Just couldn't subject myself to it. So, I'm certainly not down for a 2nd season of this. A shake up in the cast is usually a bad sign.

Guest Markgway

The 3rd and 4th episodes were a bit of an improvement.

The weirdest thing is how close-up shots of Seagal have been vertically squeezed to make the fat man look less fat.

Never seen anything like it.

Also is this shown on Cable in the US?

Because although there's no swearing, the violence is strong enough to warrant an R-rating.

TibetanWhiteCrane

Honestly, why doesn't this man just call it a day.... it's getting really embarassing (as If it wasn't already)....

He's so fat and unhealthy looking that it's cringeworthy! And the way they try to hide it is too....

Message to Steven Seagal.... I know you left all form of artistic integrity back in the 90's, but seriously... work through the loser denial, get in shape and look for projects with a shred of dignity to them. And then MAYBE you can still have some kind of a legacy worth speaking of. I know that stuff like dignity and legacy don't pay for the Malibu beach house but come on.....

Archived