Quick - New Korean Motorbike Action Movie!

One Armed Boxer

One Armed Boxer

While Sol Cheang`s car chase movie `Motorway` seems to be taking forever to make it`s way onto the big screen, South Korea have beaten it to the punch with their own chase movie, all be it one which mainly features a motorbike, `Quick`!

The movie looks to be packed with motorbike / car stunts, explosions, and even slapstick comedy....so I guess that means if it gets a DVD release in the US, the box art will probably have something along the lines of "`The Fast & The Furious` meets `Die Hard` meets `The Green Hornet`"....or something equally inspiring.

Personally I`m interested to check it out, it looks to be a good adrenalin rush, if not an original one...but really, is it possible to create any car or motorbike stunts which haven`t been done before?...it`s debatable, but I saw real explosions and real chase scenes with minimum CGI, if it`s served with some slapstick on the side, then so be it, count me in!

C7jH5hSiHHQ

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OAB: It looks pretty good, that is the name of the movie right "Quick" I'm going to try and pick this up from one of my sellers on eBay.

One Armed Boxer
OAB: It looks pretty good, that is the name of the movie right "Quick" I'm going to try and pick this up from one of my sellers on eBay.

Yeah that's right....'Quick'.

I'll be heading to Korea myself at the end of next month, so if it's still on the cinema I'll check it out there....but if you have a chance to see it before let me know your thoughts!

punchingonpaper

Looks fun. Thanks for the post! It's SPEED on a motorbike, but with a cuter Sandra Bullock? Heh. This opens down the street from me next Friday. I'll have to check it out.

This wasn't bad. Some of the acting and action was over the top. But you can see they were having fun with it. Also alot of Korean humor.

They actually recreated several action set pieces from Michael Bay's The Island, Transformers 2 and 3. That was pretty impressive.

Also at the end, they have behind the scenes footage (like Jackie Chan used to do) of the accidents and stunts. Where Hollywood would have used CGI, they had bodies on those bikes.

Good stuff.

Looks overblown, flashy and artificial. Soi Cheang's film will be better.

Haha. That's exactly what it is. The odd thing is the production value is up there with a Michael Bay film. I don't think they took the film seriously. Or at least weren't sure when to.

You referring to "Motorway"? Looks alot like Ronin as far as production value.

I have no problem with how different films end up being, just had my own say about this.

The reason I believe Motorway (yes, the film I referring to) is going to raise the bar in terms of vehicle stunts is because the chase scenes were actually shot for real. Without CGI, with real camerawork, and shooting was improvised (as Cheang said it, guerrilla-style). Plus great production values is essential and always assures the quality of the overall filmmaking in a Milkyway film.

Saw this movie recently and was quite disappointed. The actors was constantly shouting which got annoying. I felt there was not enough motorbike action.

Shout! Factory has picked up the rights to distribute Quick on DVD and Blu-Ray here.

See "Shout! Factory's Got Seoul" at http://www.shoutfactory.com/newsletters/79/february_2012_shout_factory_newsletter.aspx#axzz1reBF8Ua1

The first release is Sector 7 in 3D, then Quick. More Korean films to follow.

Shout Factory will release Quick on Blu-Ray and DVD on August 21.

http://www.cityonfire.com/quick-blu-ray-dvd-shout-factory/

Archived