ARC Entertainment's NEW R1 Shaw Brothers DVDs! 9/13!

mpm74

The Good News is that they're super cheap! ($7.99 for two movies). The Bad News is they're just double features of previously released titles.

Check out the new (but old) artwork.

Double Feature: Avenging Eagle & Blood Brothers DVD (Dragon Dynasty)

Double Feature: Golden Swallow & Killer Clans DVD (Dragon Dynasty)

That is a huge bang for the buck. But I just personally hate buying double feature discs. It screws up my entire alphabetically organized DVD display. I never can decide where I should put it. Should I organize it according to the first movie listed on the box? Should I alphabetize it according to the movie I like the best so I can find it easier? ARGHHHH… I CAN’T STAND IT!!! It annoys me so much that I would rather spend over twice as much just so I can have two separate cases.

CRAP, I think I need to go see a psychiatrist.

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just got the vol. 1 Dragon Dynasty pack with the first 4 Shaw's that Arc released. It's pretty awesome! I'll be posting more when I get the chance to watch them.

Just got the vol. 1 Dragon Dynasty pack with the first 4 Shaw's that Arc released. It's pretty awesome! I'll be posting more when I get the chance to watch them.

Yeah me too.

I just can't get into Executioners... without Pai Mei that movie sucks imo!

I do like the other 3, however. A lot.

Very surprised by MAOS.

I just watched the Dragon Dynasty DVD of Five Shaolin Masters and I noticed a strange defect.

At about 00:47:47 into the film some digital blocks suddenly appear on the screen. It only lasts for about a frame and it seems to be part of the transfer. It does not look like pixelation and the picture is not breaking up. It is like little blocks were placed on top of the image.

I do not have my old IVL DVD to check, but I do not remember it happening on that disc.

Has anyone else experienced this problem?

masterofoneinchpunch
I just watched the Dragon Dynasty DVD of Five Shaolin Masters and I noticed a strange defect.

At about 00:47:47 into the film some digital blocks suddenly appear on the screen. It only lasts for about a frame and it seems to be part of the transfer. It does not look like pixelation and the picture is not breaking up. It is like little blocks were placed on top of the image.

I do not have my old IVL DVD to check, but I do not remember it happening on that disc.

Has anyone else experienced this problem?

On my Dragon Dynasty DVD: It really is not a problem, but I checked this last night and year around 47:44 for me I noticed that, but they are barely there. For me it looks less like blocks and more like little sparkles.

On my Dragon Dynasty DVD: It really is not a problem, but I checked this last night and year around 47:44 for me I noticed that, but they are barely there. For me it looks less like blocks and more like little sparkles.

Thanks for the response. I agree that It is not a huge problem. It is really a blink and you'll miss it type of thing, as it only lasts for one frame. Sometimes I think I have OCD when it comes to these types of things.

Archived