Wow, Executioners from Shaolin is on Fios

Li Chin Ming's Nonsense

Li Chin Ming's Nonsense

Im flipping through the channels, and I come across Fuel TV and they have a show called "Late Night Kung Fu" and they are playing Executioners from shaolin.

It looks like the celestial print with the original english dubs from the 80's. Am I crazy or are they showing the red sun/panmedia version? lol

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Could be a print used/intended for Kung Fu HD. Maybe they got a hold of the DD version?

waywardsage

I just stumbled across this tonight! It's on my TV right now! What an awesome surprise for the summer!

Shaolin Chamber 36

As a Comcast customer, I do not have Fuel TV. We only have Fuel TV available in the On Demand section, with a few select shows, but I do not have the actual channel. SUCKS4ME!

I hope those of you that do have it (Fuel TV), are enjoying seeing a classic Shaw Brothers film, DUBBED on TV, even though you most likely have seen the film before. It's still a treat right?

Shaolivevil

I too came across this totally by accident yesterday and I thought my eyes were deceiving me! This is just incredible. I can't remember the last time I saw a Shaw Bros movie on a television station, I think it was 1993.

I enjoyed watching EXECUTIONERS FROM SHAOLIN on TV for the first time since the late 80's. It was almost nostalgic and look forward to watching more.

Even if you've seen these a million times over or have all the DVD's, you can't help but tune it just for the sake that it's a Shaw Bros kung fu movie being broadcast on TV! I hope Fuel TV keeps Late Night Kung Fu beyond the summer...

Eastern Evil

I just checked the TV guide and Ten Tigers of Kwantung is up next at 4am - 6-24-11, I think!

I can't tell the exact date because I forarded for a few minutes until I saw what is 'Late night Kung Fu (4 A.M.)' and it says original air date - 6-24-11, so I guess that is what is on next.

Pretty cool!

Eastern Evil

OK

There was just a commercial for 'Late Night Kung Fu' - Saturday nights at 11 P.M.

It was a scene from Clan of the White Lotus with Pai Mei & Gordon Liu and the voices were changed to the voices of people saying to watch it on Sat. nights...

This is cool. Even Direct TV has the decency to offer this channel although its place in the listing is of obscure origin. The last kungfu joint I saw on there was "Bruce Lee and I" (a year or so ago) and before that... "5 Deadly Venoms" and that was some years ago.

Li Chin Ming's Nonsense

I think the last time I actually saw a Shaw Brothers movie on TV was 1994, and now to see that they will be playing all these is awesome:

* July 2 - “Shaolin Intruders”

* July 9 - “Clan of the White Lotus”

* July 16 – “Marco Polo”

* July 23 – “The Magic Blade”

* July 30 – “Killer Clans”

* August 6 – “Legendary Weapons of China”

* August 13 – “Shaolin Prince”

* August 20 – “My Young Auntie”

I know some of these have been released but Marco Polo, Clan of the White Lotus, and Killer Clans I thought did not exist in english dub other than Red Sun. Thats why I thought the Executioners from Shaolin was Red Sun cause thats not suppose to be released until August by DD.

The only thing I really dont like is that there are commercials like every 5 mins.

SBS plays Shaw Bros more often then you think and about a year ago World Movies was playing Shaw Bros movies nearly every day.

I have DISH and as of right now Executionors from Shaolin is scheduled to play this saturday, does anyone else see this? I just fond out about these movies playing today so I missed last week so I hope thay do play EFS again.

I think the last time I actually saw a Shaw Brothers movie on TV was 1994, and now to see that they will be playing all these is awesome:

* July 2 - “Shaolin Intruders”

* July 9 - “Clan of the White Lotus”

* July 16 – “Marco Polo”

* July 23 – “The Magic Blade”

* July 30 – “Killer Clans”

* August 6 – “Legendary Weapons of China”

* August 13 – “Shaolin Prince”

* August 20 – “My Young Auntie”

I know some of these have been released but Marco Polo, Clan of the White Lotus, and Killer Clans I thought did not exist in english dub other than Red Sun. Thats why I thought the Executioners from Shaolin was Red Sun cause thats not suppose to be released until August by DD.

The only thing I really dont like is that there are commercials like every 5 mins.

3-4 years ago “Clan of the White Lotus», “Killer Clans”, “Legendary Weapons of China” and “Shaolin Prince”, among many other Shaws, played in the USA on the Voom Kung Fu HD channel. All Celestial remastered versions in English dubbed with no commercials.

Here's the list:

ABBOTT OF SHAOLIN

ALL MEN ARE BROTHERS

ASSASSIN, THE (Jimmy Wang Yu)

AVENGING EAGLE

BARE FOOTED KID

BLOOD BROTHERS

BRAVE ARCHER

BRAVE ARCHER 2

BRAVE ARCHER 3

CHALLENGE OF THE MASTERS

CHINESE BOXER, THE

CLAN OF THE WHITE LOTUS

DEADLY DUO

DELIGHTFUL FOREST

DIRTY HO

DISCIPLES OF SHAOLIN

DUEL, THE

EIGHT DIAGRAM POLE FIGHTERS

EXECUTIONERS OF SHAOLIN

FIVE ELEMENTS NINJAS

FIVE SHAOLIN MASTERS

FLYING GUILLOTINE, THE

FLYING GUILLOTINE 2, THE

FOUR RIDERS

GOLDEN SWALLOW

HEROES TWO

HEROIC ONES, THE

INVINCIBLE SHAOLIN

KID WITH THE GOLDEN ARM

KILLER CLANS

KING BOXER

LEGENDARY WEAPONS OF CHINA

LIFE GAMBLE

MAD MONKEY KUNG FU

MEN FROM THE MONASTERY

NEW ONE ARMED SWORDSMAN

OPIUM AND THE KUNG FU MASTER

SHAOLIN AVENGER

SHAOLIN HANDLOCK

SHAOLIN MANTIS

SHAOLIN MARTIAL ARTS

SHAOLIN PRINCE (IRON FINGERS OF DEATH)

SHAOLIN TEMPLE (DEATH CHAMBER)

VALLEY OF THE FANGS

VENGEANCE

WEB OF DEATH

Li Chin Ming's Nonsense

i mean i hate to seem ungrateful, but the commercials KILL it for me. I mean, seriously it was like every 5 mins.

Im glad to see that there were ones released with no commercials, unfortunately I dont thnk they will be running on fios.

the other sad thing is it seems there were several attempts to make kung fu channels, and they went out of business

i get black belt channel of fios, but its pretty weak. again, commercials every 5 mins.

Shaolivevil
i mean i hate to seem ungrateful, but the commercials KILL it for me. I mean, seriously it was like every 5 mins.

Im glad to see that there were ones released with no commercials, unfortunately I dont thnk they will be running on fios.

the other sad thing is it seems there were several attempts to make kung fu channels, and they went out of business

i get black belt channel of fios, but its pretty weak. again, commercials every 5 mins.

I hear ya man. The commercials are a buzz kill.

BlackBelt TV doesn't have a great selection of movies. It's mostly crap from Crash Cinema prints. I'm sure they can do so much better if they really wanted. It wouldn't surprise me one bit if they go belly-up in another year or so...

Eastern Evil

Very cool that Ten Tigers of Kwangtung is on, even rthough the 'Fuel' logo is very annoying.

Whoever was the 1st person to slap a logo on the TV screen should get slapped themselves. :laluot_14:

...It's at the end part where they kill the son of Wang Lung Wei's character....I really enjoy the Venom actors that arein this (Don't remember their names - one is the kid in Legend of the Fox and the other guy is 'The White Rambler from House of Traps. I wish they were in more movies.)

I caught 10 Tigers on last night as well but only made it about 20 minutes before I fell asleep. The commercial breaks and English dub just felt weird. I've gotten to use to my DVD with subtitles. Dont know if it was my TV or not but though it was the Celestial print it looked fuzzy or the colors were just really flat.

The sound on these joints is terrible. I saw 10 Tigers and Shaolin Intruders and I don't remember the Celestial versions being this bad. It's one cacophony after another. It hurts my heart to know that somebody got paid to "fix" the sound.

For anyone who missed them fuel is having a marathon tomorrow of all the films they have played so far.

Archived