Enter the Dragon R1 25th aniv. edition vs 2 disc 30th aniv edition

mark187

I know there are several sites out there that compare various DVD versions of Enter the Dragon, including these 2 versions, but I wanted to see what some of you think. I do have both versions, and while the colors on the newer 30th aniv edition are definitely better and the older 2th aniv one has a reddish tinge, for some reason this newer DVD looks much softer in places and not as sharp/well-defined. how would anybody else compare these 2 R! DVDs of ETD to one another?

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Son Of A Gun

Off the top of my head, I find the 30th anniversary edition has the contrast too low sometimes. But that might not be a problem if you watch it on a tv with a dynamic or vivid setting. I'm just judging it by my tv.

OpiumKungFuCracker

Is there an extended version of the score anywhere?? The one I have doesn't have any of Bruce Lee's yells or screams in it??

Best thing is to rip the audio from the isolated score track of the 2001 dvd. That's how to make a nice cd soundtrack of the actual music instead of having the redone music on the official soundtrack album release.

Killer Meteor

There was an extended CD but that was only part of the VHS boxset. its never been released seperatly. The general album has only 25min of music!

There was an extended CD but that was only part of the VHS boxset. its never been released seperatly. The general album has only 25min of music!

The extended CD WAS available at about £25 (17 tracks), probably OOP now but pops up on ebay.

Archived