lots of 16mm westerns and 35mm

i am a great lover of it .

favourite western my name is nobody -terence hill

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest rudolph

Zhuaid,

You know how all our local films (SA) have a Certificate Number, right? I'm just wondering if Fighting Fists of Shanghai Joe starts with '76, does that mean it was shown in the theatres over here at that time? I find that hard to believe, but there weren't VHS back then. I'd love to see a widescreen print of that film.

Guest zhunaid

hi rudolph

where r u from?

if u r from sa then u should know there will never be a widescreen print of this movie.sa never released kung fu in widescreen

Guest rudolph

Zhunaid,

You were obviously heavily involved in film distribution in SA. I agree, I have never seen a widescreen kung fu print in SA. Only seen one widescreen VHS in fact! If Shanghai Joe was reviewed in 1976 then it must have been brought into the country to be shown. So where would they show that, if not in widescreen format at the cinema. And you also mention Big Boss was brought into the country uncut in the 70's, where would they show that to the public? Was Beta tapes already available in those days?

Guest zhunaid

i have shanghai joe on 16mm.also i had big boss uncut on 16mm in the 70's.we screened it at the cinema.also r u from south africa,if so ,where?

Archived