Pre-Five Deadly Venoms Chang Cheh or Late Chang

Fanboy1991

Which Version of him do you prefer. Personally I like early Chang Cheh.

One Armed Swordsman (1967)

The Assassin (1967)

Return of the One-Armed Swordsman (1969)

The Duel (1971)

Delightful Forest (1972)

Boxer from Shantung (1972)

The Blood Brothers (1973)

Disciples of Shaolin (1975)

Shaolin Temple (1976)

Are some of my Favorite films in any genre.

Even though I like the Venoms and they art great martial artists they are just not as entertaining as Chen Kuan Tai, Alexander Fu Sheng,David Chiang or Ti Lung.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I tried to come into conclusion which one I prefer but ended up thinking I like them both as much.Pre-venoms had some very profilic actors and but on the other hand I absolutely love storylines and choreography in venom movies.Pre and Late are in balance for me.

Pre-Venoms. I am a huge Venom fan, but there is a significant "guilty pleasure" element to it. Those early films were IMHO better (some of them MUCH better).

If/as would be needed to choose amount of great movies pre&late, maybe pre would be supreme.coz CC made lot movies more before venoms but there was some not-so-good too.And great ones like wu xia starring Jimmy wang yu fanboy did not mention.

I say venoms lacked personality compared to old team ckt, fu sheng, ckc, david ching:kiss:, ti lung+ jimmy wang yu of course but because like said before interesting stories and amazing fight scenes old school does not overcome venoms.

When saw 1st time shaolin temple and 5 shaolin masters my jaw did hit the floor but with masked avengers it made hole to it:nerd:

I think you have to break his career into 3 parts, as his 60's/Yu movies was a precursor to his early 70's/Iron Triangle period, then Venom era.

Personally it's hard to choose, my top 10 movies would have a movie from every period, Boxer from Shantung being one of my favorite movies.

Pre-Venoms. I am a huge Venom fan, but there is a significant "guilty pleasure" element to it. Those early films were IMHO better (some of them MUCH better).

Same for me.

Archived