Tiger on Beat 2 (1990) Underrated Classic

Tigerstyles

Tigerstyles

a stunt filled classic.. some stuff never ages.. Conans double and all the dangerous stunts where performed by Ridley Tsui Bo-Wah

I watched the New Hk edition and Im sure the stunt Conan did on the lamp post had some behind the scenes footage ambulance etc. or did I dream it....

Joy Sales edition no footage

blue_skies
a stunt filled classic.. some stuff never ages.. Conans double and all the dangerous stunts where performed by Ridley Tsui Bo-Wah

I watched the New Hk edition and Im sure the stunt Conan did on the lamp post had some behind the scenes footage ambulance etc. or did I dream it....

Joy Sales edition no footage

is it in anamorphic widescreen?

Kennedy Il Sung

I enjoyed it, but to me the first one is more of a underrated classic. There is some fun stuff in 2 though and it is worth a watch. How are the subs on the Joy Sales you have, I have a old Universe laser dvd that seems to be anamorphic but the subs are terrible.

Guest Markgway

I preferred Part 2 to Part 1 and had no problem with Danny Lee replacing Chow Yun Fat.

Conan was seriously injured in that lampost stunt.

Tigerstyles
I enjoyed it, but to me the first one is more of a underrated classic. There is some fun stuff in 2 though and it is worth a watch. How are the subs on the Joy Sales you have, I have a old Universe laser dvd that seems to be anamorphic but the subs are terrible.

Joysales anamorphic but copied theatrical subs spelling mistakes etc

One Armed Boxer

Never seen this all the way through...it's worth checking out?

http://[youtu.be]/S3Fkg97_ZXs

Here it is!! The great stunt Conan Lee performs!

Studio 53....I think you embedded the clip wrong, I guess this is the stunt you're referring to -

S3Fkg97_ZXs

Yes!! That's the one!! Thank you!! Anyone heard the commentary track for Tiger On The Beat 1? HK Legends released it years ago and Bey Logan did the commentary.. Myabe it has some cool information on the film and the too short Hong Kong career of Conan Lee... He needs to come back for a Tiger On The Beat 3!!

A movie that gets bashed simply because Chow Yun Fat isn’t in it.  Which is a shame because I think this is quite good.  The plot was solid , the comedy and action blended together well and the action was solid also . I’m actually gonna say the fights were better than the first movie. They are more quick and flow better here than the awkward ones in the first in my opinion.  Sure there’s no chainsaw duel, but we do have a good finale with Conan Lee and Gordon Liu fighting on a bus in the dark and Conan Lee fighting barefoot on BROKEN GLASS.  

Ellen Chan was starting to get annoying in the middle but I soon came around to her and she actually does a few dangerous looking stunts herself ( while wearing a body cast throughout most of the second half) . And what was wrong with Danny Lee’s performance here?  The uncle / nephew relationship between him and Conan was genuine, he gets a few fighting and “ gun fu “ scenes and he had me laughing at a few of his lines . Yes he’s not Chow Yun Fat but he wasn’t trying to be and I think it’s dumb that that is the main complaint about this movie  . I give this one four stars ! 

• Like 4