The Kim Ki-duk Thread

nicklord1

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He's one of my favourite directors. All his films have been great except for Samaria and Coastguard. My personal faves are Spring Summer Autumn Winter And Spring, 3 Iron and Bad Guy. Just got the two films he wrote and produced but didn't direct, Beautiful and Rough Cut.

Chia Ling AKA Judy Lee

I rate him highly. I haven't seen all his films, but I think he's good as he explores human relationships in unconventional settings with minimal dialogue. He tries to shed some light on the human condition so you get a good understanding of the characters.

Good ones:

Spring, Summer, Autumn, Winter, Spring

3 Iron

The Bow

Dream

Time

Only movie of his that I've seen was The Isle and that was one of the creepiest things ever but I loved it. My friend's now freaked out by fish hooks after seeing it.:yociexp42:

I like much from Kim Ki-duk.. but he is a difficult director and not all is greatness..

"Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter... and Spring" is my absolute favorite closly followed by "3 Iron".

"Address Unknown" was a emotional ride and quite disturbing, in a good way..

"Bad Guy" was... ok.. at most.. and "The Bow" was terrible, i didnt like that movie att all..

I have still many Kim Ki-duk movies i want to see.. "Breath" and "Time" comes first to mind..

I didnt like the bow , bad guy was ok , i loved address unknown maybe i was depressed when i watched it lol , It does nothing for the dog eating jokes of korea though

Agree, Adress Unknown is a great movie.. but it was in the same time tough getting throu and i dont know if im gonna re-watch it, not in a near future anyway.. I remember being emotionally drained after watching it.

I really liked The Bow, I thought it was very brave of him to make an antithesis to Spring Summer Autumn Winter And Spring.

Recently watched Beautiful and it was very disturbing, stays with long after it's finished. Terrific film but not for the easily offended.

Chia Ling AKA Judy Lee

I have still many Kim Ki-duk movies i want to see.. "Breath" and "Time" comes first to mind..

Breath is a relatively short film... probably not short enough! Long enough to think, 'WTF did I just watch?'

Skepparkrans
Breath is a relatively short film... probably not short enough! Long enough to think, 'WTF did I just watch?'

you got me even more curious of this movie :smile:

its been a while since i watched a Kim Ki-duk movie.. maybe its about time.

He hasnt made a movie since 2008 i was wondering if he was working on anything ?

He has another film coming out, his first for 3 years. Let's hope it's worth the wait.

Archived