Charles Bronson

Guest JustAFan

Last week on AMC, they had all the Death Wish movies from Monday-Friday. Now, there's rumors that Stallone is planning to remake Death Wish.

I'm sorry, but no one can ever replace Charles Bronson and considering Stallone's last films were "Rocky Balboa" and "Rambo", what is he gonna call the remake: Kersey??? Paul Kersey???

The Death Wish movies, 10 to Midnight, and Assassination were some of my Bronson faves.

• Like 1

5 Element Boxer
Love'd him.

He was the last of the old school hard-asses, along with Lee Marvin, Lee Van Cleef and Yul Brynner.

Same here. I agree 100%! Charles Bronson, to me, was the best "hard-ass" actor of his time. He had that stone cold face along with the rock hard physique. Hard Times, for example, still remains one of my all-time favorite movies. And I'm still waiting for the film to be properly remastered.

• Like 1

5 Element Boxer

I found a "Hard Times" DVD today, in WIDESCREEN! :cool:

I've been waiting for a WS version of this movie for a really long time. And finally, I have it. I'm will enjoy watching it this weekend.

• Like 1

5 Element Boxer

I believe so. The insert has one picture of Bronson knocking the shit out of some black dude, and another pic of two misc. guys fighting. Makes me wonder if there'll be a Director's Cut coming soon.

I watched the DVD yesterday morning. Iam extremely satsified with the WS presentation. I recommend all Bronson fans to buy it.

• Like 1

Cognoscente

I've noticed that his very best films are the ones where he has no facial hair. For ensemble pieces, we have The Great Escape, The Dirty Dozen and The Magnificent Seven. For star projects, there's Once Upon a Time in the West and Hard Times.

• Like 2

Cognoscente

Since 1981 marked the release of Golden Harvest's Death Hunt, it was inevitable that he would appear in an issue (#58) of Spotlight.

nov81.jpg

• Like 2

DragonClaws
On 6/9/2021 at 1:00 PM, Cognoscente said:

Since 1981 marked the release of Golden Harvest's Death Hunt, it was inevitable that he would appear in an issue (#58) of Spotlight.

On 6/9/2021 at 1:46 PM, saltysam said:

I really liked Death Hunt.Got the old german blu ray but would love a remaster.,

Just re-watched this again over the weekend, its one of Charles Bronsons last classic action films not forgetting Death Wish 3.

• Like 2

Easily one of my favorite actors. He has made so many classic films: The Great Escape, Death Wish, The Magnificent Seven, The Dirty Dozen, the list goes on and on.  

• Like 3

I remember watching The Mechanic and thought the ending was so fitting.  Mr. Majestyk is indeed under-rated, Linda Cristal was a bit older in that film but still looked pretty darn good.  Another Bronson favorite of mine is the 1968 film Adieu l' ami (Farewell Friend ) with Alain Delon.

220px-Adieu_l'ami_Cover.jpg

MV5BZTBiNjY2YTYtODZlMC00OTMzLWE5MzgtZjc0NDhhNjk2YTMwXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjUyNDk2ODc@._V1_.jpg

• Like 2