Godfather Squad/Bruce’s Last Battle DVD (Navarre) Aug 23rd

mpm74

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Killer Meteor
Little Godfather from Hong Kong I think.

Anyone know which film BRUCE'S LAST BATTLE is?

odioustrident

Here is part of the product summary: "We see Bruce killed by FIVE FINGERS OF DEATH's Lo Lieh all over again, as well as Bruce fighting villain after villain - it is non-stop madness! Cast: Siu-Lung Leung (Bruce Le), Yasuaki Kurata, Shirley Corrigan, Gordon Mitchell, Lo Lieh, Bruce Le (Lu Chien Lung)." The cast listing includes Godfather Squad I take it.

Killer Meteor
Here is part of the product summary: "We see Bruce killed by FIVE FINGERS OF DEATH's Lo Lieh all over again, as well as Bruce fighting villain after villain - it is non-stop madness! Cast: Siu-Lung Leung (Bruce Le), Yasuaki Kurata, Shirley Corrigan, Gordon Mitchell, Lo Lieh, Bruce Le (Lu Chien Lung)." The cast listing includes Godfather Squad I take it.

Hmmm...is it RETURN OF BRUCE?

I doubt it because Deadly Fingers is already out on an R1 DVD that's still in print. No idea what it is, or why they'd retitle it. Godfather Squad is an awesome movie though. Does anybody have the old Code Red kung fu release ; Challenge the Dragon / Needle Avenger?

Killer Meteor
Does anybody have the old Code Red kung fu release ; Challenge the Dragon / Needle Avenger?

I do. Needle Avenger got a good transfer, Challenge suffers from the dub track being out of sync frequently, though that seems to be a flaw of the sound edit rather than the DVD (it's a hodge podge of Euro dubbing, Euro sound FX, and Hong Kong sound FX).

Neither film was much fun.

They put them out because they are classic trash cinema grindhouse / video store kung fu movies.

I watched this the other night and it was, uh, something. Not as zany as the wildest Bruceploitation like CHALLENGE OF THE TIGER or THE DRAGON LIVES AGAIN, but it had some goofy bits (like a suicide bomber dog!). Yes, a suicide bomber dog. Check it out:

CvaHdn_5bOA

Here is my full review:

http://originalvidjunkie.blogspot.com/2011/12/bruceploitation-godfather-squad-1974.html

Archived