Kung Fu Panda II, WoW! What A Review, Minneapolis Star Tribune.

GOLDEN DRAGON YIN-YANG

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply
froffeecoffee

Yes! Was really good! Funny, cute, with cool action. Glad they didn't just rehash the first film. Was an excellent stand-alone story with great nods to classic kung fu. Especially, the plot point of a modern weapon threatening the existence of the martial arts.

Shaolin Chamber 36

That's a great review. Thanks for the link GD Y-Y. I look forward to checking it out. I really enjoyed the first one, and the first blu-ray I bought for my son was actually Kung Fu Panda.

I heard Jackie and David Cross only have one or two lines but that Michelle Yeoh's character is in it alot. I might make this my kid's first "going to the theater" movie, that or wait till Cars 2.

ShaOW!linDude
I might make this my kid's first "going to the theater" movie, that or wait till Cars 2.

A word of caution: My kids were 3 & 5 when they saw this (dvd @ home) and were freaked by the ferocity of the violence at times. Neither are interested in rewatching it right now. I don't know how old your child is but just keep that in mind 'cause it's only going to be bigger and louder at the theater.

OpiumKungFuCracker

Debating on whether I should see the Hangover 2 or Kung Fu Panda 2..

froffeecoffee
Was JCVD in it much?

Very minor character. I'd forgotten he was voicing one of the characters till the end credits.

I heard Jackie and David Cross only have one or two lines but that Michelle Yeoh's character is in it alot.

Jackie and David have more screen time that the last movie, so they get a to do a little more. Michelle Yeoh plays a pretty prominent character.

OldPangYau

Already saw Hangover Part II... you're most likely better off seeing Kung Fu Panda 2.:tongue: While I loved the first Hangover, the second one was basically a remake of the original, except it takes place in Bangkok instead of Vegas. No real thought was put into it. All I kept thinking while watching it was "Eh... we already did this..."

Haven't seen KFP2 yet, however, but I can already tell it'll be better than Hangover Part II.

ShaOW!linDude

My wife watched this last night. Said it's not very good. Of course, she's not into crass humor. She only saw it 'cause Ken Jeong from the tv show "Community" was in it.

daisho2004

OK I just got home from seeing Kung Fu Panda 2and all I can say in one word Awesomeness! I think it might even be better than the original movie, it told the whole back story of Po, and had a lot of Action scenes in it. I was surprised to find out that Jean Claude Van Dame was the voice of Master Croc! I want to see it again the in the movies! Any fan of Kung-Fu needs to rush out and see this, it reminded me of the Classic SB Movies storyline.

TrickyNicky

Went and saw this earlier tonight and it was a good experience. The action was very well done. The story was ok. I must say, the crane Shen (villain of the movie) is one of the coolest looking characters I've ever seen in any animated movie. The way he moves and fights is just awesome. It also helps that he is voiced by Gary Oldman, who could play slimy-evil in his sleep at this point.

Also, the finale is incredible and if you partake in any kind of visually enhancing chemicals, this would be worth your time to see. Not that I condone nor condemn that sort of thing. Just sayin'.

My older kids are 4 and 3. My 4-year old daughter absolutely loves the 1st Kung Fu Panda. She even liked the "Secrets of the Furious Five". She loves Po and Monkey (she likes Jackie Chan LOL)

shelliegal
I must say, the crane Shen (villain of the movie) is one of the coolest looking characters I've ever seen in any animated movie. The way he moves and fights is just awesome. It also helps that he is voiced by Gary Oldman, who could play slimy-evil in his sleep at this point.

Also, the finale is incredible and if you partake in any kind of visually enhancing chemicals, this would be worth your time to see. Not that I condone nor condemn that sort of thing. Just sayin'.

totally agreed with your post! i believe shen is a peacock though but he was just awesome!! very gracefully done with his martial arts and flowing movements!

i find myself liking part 2 more than 1 for all the awesome actions and storyline. almost non-stop and the laughs were still there through it all. can't wait for the blu ray release.

TrickyNicky

Oh, derp. I meant peacock but I had cranes on the brain.

Did you see it in 3D or 2D? I saw it in 2D, as I don't really care for the 3D much, but I would love to see something like this in IMAX.

Archived