Gordon Liu * Chen Kuan Tai * South Florida * Sept 17, 2011

teako170

Big props to clfnole for first mentioning this in the "2 sb-stars in holland next may" thread.

Definitely plan to be there. Hope to see East Coasters show up for this one.

LKHEX11-final.jpg

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was going to put up the info soon but wanted to check with my sifu/uncle first. We will be having a lot of sifus from around the country attending and I would guess the seminars will go over very well.

Please extend our gratitude to your sifu for having this event. We missed Gordon by one day in HK and then CKT didn't appear in Montreal for Gallants, so this is a great chance to meet both, as well as, see some incredible martial arts. Looking forward to it. I have an old VHS of Duel Of The Seven Tigers that I will have to watch before attending.

I was going to put up the info soon but wanted to check with my sifu/uncle first. We will be having a lot of sifus from around the country attending and I would guess the seminars will go over very well.

Funny, he was also in the movie Choy Lee Fut, which also starred Cliff Lok and Kao Fei. He gets killed off too early but all the students shown were his real students so I was able to see alot of people I know when they were real young. Lee Koon Hung's youngest brothers was a student and he must have been around 15 at the time.

Hola from Costa Rica where I am at the moment, Teako shot me an email on this, I live very close to Coral Springs, if any forum members plan on going to this I'm thinking of maybe renting a van and providing transportation, if we get enough people I can even see if I can get a group discount at a hotel at the beach for everyone.

Teako is heading down next week so maybe we can plan something out for everyone, but I for one am super stoked for this.

Pura Vida, I have some waves to go catch:wink:

I live in Tampa, and this seems like a once in a lifetime event for some of us. I'm definately going to be there. I gotta check with my posse, and see who's coming. @Tosh and Teako I let you guys know my situation in a day or two, but it will be cool to finally meet some people on this board.

Sounds good razorclam. Hope to see you there. Let us know your plans.

For those unfamiliar with the area, I use to live in Coral Springs 20+ years back. Its a very nice, family-orientated suburb with lots of restaurants but not too many hotels if I recall correctly. I believe they have some bus public trans but no trains. Everyone drives everywhere, so a car is usually a good idea. About 30 minutes from the beach (CS borders the Everglades to the west) and about 40 min from Ft. Laud airport via 595 and Sawgrass Expy. I'll probably stay down in Lauderdale somewhere close to the surf.

I live in Tampa, and this seems like a once in a lifetime event for some of us. I'm definately going to be there. I gotta check with my posse, and see who's coming. @Tosh and Teako I let you guys know my situation in a day or two, but it will be cool to finally meet some people on this board.

Been told that tickets may be selling at a quick pace for this event, so best to buy in advance.

Tosh will stop by the Lee Koon Hung CLF Kung Fu Association and purchase tickets but you have to contact him ASAP.

He takes PayPal. Tickets are only $10. Hate to see people spend $$$ on airfare/ accommodations for this --

and then find out that they can't get in because tickets are all sold out.

Hurry though. Guessing he will go sometime next week to buy them.

You can also call the school number directly and pay by credit card if you like. The school website is:

leekoonhungkungfu.com

I believe there is a $2.00 charge for certified mail shipping.

Wow!!! I'm like 4 hours from Coral Springs...will have to definitely try to get down there :D

TheFlyingPanda

I've been back to living and working in Miami for the past 3 years now, and I'm happy to hear about this event. I'll be there for sure! Gonna go with a Southern Kung Fu friend and a fellow Jeet Kune Do friend. If anyone else from this forum is going, it would be cool to see ya there. I'm bringing some posters or movies to get signed, lol. Can anyone direct me to what movies was Master Chow Keung prominent in?

Wondering if anyone else was going to this? Looks like a couple members aren't going to make it, including Gordon who I heard is still in the hospital.

Still excited to meet CKT:nerd:

Hope everyone has a great time. Again, sorry we can't make it. Looking forward to the pix.

Wondering if anyone else was going to this? Looks like a couple members aren't going to make it,

including Gordon who I heard is still in the hospital. Still excited to meet CKT

Yeah I wish I was able to make it too, but due to budget, I won't be able to go, but I hope whoever does go has a great time and take pics :)

• Administrator

Good news: Tosh DID indeed go, and promised to take a lot of photos. And for those that don't know, Tosh is a very artistic guy (martial arts, sculpting, drawing, and a great musician), and he takes AWESOME photos! So I am psyched. Can't wait to hear about this and peep the photos. :nerd::nerd::nerd::nerd::nerd:

The nerd stars seem to be aligned perfectly... :tongue2:

Bob I need to hire you as my PR guy:xd:

Unfortunately there wasn't a meet and greet for this, so during the intermission and after the show CKT was practically mobbed by people trying to get his autograph and picture taken with him, I did manage to get KFBob's art to him and a copy signed but it was impossible to get a picture of him holding it up(sorry bob, but you should of seen everyone looking at it including his wife when he went back to his seat), shame they didn't just have him sit at a table and let people line up, it would of been less chaotic. It was very cool to get to shake his hand and watch the Lion dancing and KF, there was a 4 year old little girl with her pole style that stole the show. I'll go through the pics and and post a few later today.

The kids and the Lion dances stole the show. I agree, there should have been a meet and greet. Cool thing is that CKT did sign my Thai MAN OF IRON poster.

• Administrator
Bob I need to hire you as my PR guy:xd:

Unfortunately there wasn't a meet and greet for this, so during the intermission and after the show CKT was practically mobbed by people trying to get his autograph and picture taken with him, I did manage to get KFBob's art to him and a copy signed but it was impossible to get a picture of him holding it up(sorry bob, but you should of seen everyone looking at it including his wife when he went back to his seat), shame they didn't just have him sit at a table and let people line up, it would of been less chaotic. It was very cool to get to shake his hand and watch the Lion dancing and KF, there was a 4 year old little girl with her pole style that stole the show. I'll go through the pics and and post a few later today.

Thanks bro! :bigsmile: As for the picture of him with my art- I'm appreciative that you would even try. Awesome that you got him to sign one and gave him the print too. :nerd: Chen Kuan-Tai has MY art?! :tongue: Yep, I'm in geek Heaven.

While the event was still going on I got this message at Facebook from a very nice guy that collects my art:

Rich: Kung Fu bob im down here in florida for Lee Koon Hungs 15th annual demonstration and I just saw Master Chen Kwan Tai showing Master Lilly Lau and other top notch Sifu's your artwork! Congrats!

Bob: Rich, this is one of the coolest things anyone has EVER sent me in a message. That literally brought tears of joy to my eyes. Thank you for that!

Rich: You are welcome sir! I just wish I had one to have him sign, I didn't know you had made one for Sifu Chen I have all of the other artwork of yours (venoms, 8 diagram pole, etc.) but regardless your name Is in those masters head!

:bigsmile::bigsmile::bigsmile::bigsmile::bigsmile::bigsmile::bigsmile::bigsmile::bigsmile:

The kids and the Lion dances stole the show. I agree, there should have been a meet and greet. Cool thing is that CKT did sign my Thai MAN OF IRON poster.

Jesse, I love those Thai painted posters! I've got a few good ones- EASTERN CONDORS, PEOPLE'S HERO, LEGENDARY WEAPONS... Please post pics of that for us to see? Glad you guys had a good time. But can we expect more of a write up on it soon? :nerd:

Archived