Supercop USA Blu Ray. God What a Mess!

David Rees

David Rees

Classic Hong Kong movies just dont seem to get many decent releases on Blu ray and this release looks like no exception.

Firstly its English dubbed only, its the cut version, lastly its zoomed in to 1-85:1 , so its the wrong aspect ratio!

How can a company f**ck up on so many counts??:tinysmile_angry2_t:

Here is a review at Bluray.com....SUPERCOP REVIEW

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Son Of A Gun

Zoomed to 1:85:1.?!! :ooh: That's the most shocking part. Why on earth would they do that?

or 1:78:1 ratio as it says on the website.

Guest Yi-Long

It would be nice if anyone who would pick up such a disastrous release by accident, would watch it only once (if they can force themselfs to sit through a dubbed up cut up fucked version ofcourse), and then just return it to the store to demand their money back for having been sold an incomplete product.

People won't be doing that ofcourse, but it would be nice.

Son Of A Gun

It would be good if everyone did that, yeah, but can they do that when the case states exactly what they're getting on the back cover? If it says 1:78:1 widescreen on the back then they can't return it to the shop, can they?

Guest Yi-Long
It would be good if everyone did that, yeah, but can they do that when the case states exactly what they're getting on the back cover? If it says 1:78:1 widescreen on the back then they can't return it to the shop, can they?

It doesn't explicitly say it's CUT, so if you're an unknowing consumer you come home, watch the movie, and find 10 minutes orso are missing, I think you have a reason to complain.

...well... let me put it this way: If you see The Lion King for sale in your local store, you buy it cause you loved it 15 years ago and now you want your kids to have the same experience. Suddenly, you find out there's 10 minutes missing, with no mention of it anywhere on the packaging. Would people bring it back and complain!?

We wouldn't accept it for Hollywood classics. Why should we accept it when it happens to asian movies?

OldPangYau

Apparently, EVERY release from Echo Bridge is fucked up in some shape or form. Movies cropped, 1080i, etc. Read an abysmal review for their release of From Dusk Till Dawn as well. At least that one's not a 2.35 to 1.78 mess.

That's funny. This release has NOTHING to do with the Dragon Dynasty version that came out a couple of years ago.

Check out its specs.

David Rees

Looks like it was a master made for a HDTV broadcast, so they just used that...:sad:

AndyWayne84

You know the time that i wanted DD to release Drunken Master 2... well on second thought i prefer they didn't if this is what there going to do now not giving us the full verison of these flims like Police Story 3 " Supercop"

Archived