Metal Hero Series?

Richie Freebird

Richie Freebird

Does anyone know if any of the Japanese "Metal Hero" tokusatsu series ever received English sub title releases? Here's the wikipedia for the kinds of programs I'm refering too.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metal_Hero_Series

I know it's not stricty cult cinema, but I thought that some of our resident experts could help me out with this one. Thanks in advance for any help people!

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This site offers the first three Metal Hero series with English subs:

http://www.scifistation.com/shop/perlshop.cgi?ACTION=thispage&thispage=/jap7.html&ORDER_ID=248863656

I got the first one from them, Gavan (my favorite) and it's good quality. Not sure, but I think it's NTSC only. Might want to check on that. Also to be honest, I'm not positive that the subs are 100% accurate, but I've enjoyed them regardless.

Richie Freebird

Brilliant, thanks very much for that. I’ll look into getting some ordered tonight, I have a “chipped” PS2 which plays all DVD regions and formats so the NTSC shouldn’t prove too much of a problem!

Richie Freebird

What kind of case presentation did the series you ordered come in if you don’t mind me asking mate?

What kind of case presentation did the series you ordered come in if you don’t mind me asking mate?

My copy looks pretty much like this on the inside (but thicker):

dvd%204disc%20case.jpg

It's a 7 dvdr collection.

Also, if you decide to get it, you may want to pay a little extra for postage. Otherwise it's free Media Mail which takes a while and you are not protected if it gets damaged in shipping.

Archived