Is this trivia about CaSaFa correct?

MG Lerox

On one site i read that Casanova Wong in 1983 got banned from HK movie industry because he used to often kick stuntmen for real?

Original post:

By 1983, HK producers stopped using Casanova because he would really kick the actors! And NOBODY wants to be kicked by this guy! Casanova was a two time Korean Taekwondo champion and it is said through the HK movie industry that Casanova was very quick, a real fighter with a quick temper and arrogant personality. So, Casanova earned the right to be really kick ass and act like a bad ass!

Could anyone comfirm if this is correct or not?

Thanks

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

But Hwang Jang Lee and Sammo Hung did the same so how come they were not banned?

In the post that guy mentioned that Ka Sa Fa was easy temper so maybe he got in some fights.

dionbrother

Have a 1980 issue of the Jade Screen where it said that Angela Mao Ying retired after making LEGENDARY STRIKE because CaSaFa injured her with a kick.

Take that for what its worth...

dionbrother

I don't own a scanner, but when I dig it out of storage, I'll pass on some of the more interesting details. It is not a visually interesting fanzine, just typed pages and fan drawings. The writing is really good, but many articles were reprinted in CFW's Martial Arts Movies magazine.

i actually had heard that to and had heard there was a near fight on set between CW and can't remember if it was carter wong or chan sing.. but you know how things are.. take it with a grain of salt

Archived