Sword of Doom? The other trilogy? What was it's name?

waywardsage

waywardsage

I read somewhere that the was a trilogy of films that were made on the character that was in Sword of Doom. What was the actor that was in them? What were the films? Where they any good?

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply
emeraldforest
I read somewhere that the was a trilogy of films that were made on the character that was in Sword of Doom. What was the actor that was in them? What were the films? Where they any good?

Satan's Sword, dont know the actor and i did not think they were as good as SWORD OF DOOM, others would disagree with me:angel:

waywardsage

Is anyone going to release this on DVD as an official release in the US?

daisho2004

Satan's Sword was an excellent trilogy! I always hope that these movies will get a legit release but don't count on it! I just received the other trilogy from Merlin over @SamuraiDVD.com based on this series as well Souls in the Moonlight, I haven't had a chance to watch them yet but I will post my review as soon as I watch them to compare both trilogy's.

vengeanceofhumanlanterns

Ichikawa Raizo stars in The Satan's Sword trilogy. They're really good, but Sword Of Doom is a better film.

daisho2004
Ichikawa Raizo stars in The Satan's Sword trilogy. They're really good, but Sword Of Doom is a better film.

Now see thats kinda of hard to say yes Sword of Doom is a great movie, but Satan's Sword tells the whole story, so its really hard to compare one movie to the entire trilogy.

OpiumKungFuCracker

I too, have the Souls In The Moonlight trilogy but never had the time to check it out.. Maybe tonight I will seek it...

daisho2004

Souls In The Moonlight : I'm going to try to watch it tonight, alteast the 1st. one.

vengeanceofhumanlanterns
Now see thats kinda of hard to say yes Sword of Doom is a great movie, but Satan's Sword tells the whole story, so its really hard to compare one movie to the entire trilogy.

It's not that hard to say at all. Tatsuya Nakadai steals the role. Raizo's an awesome actor, but comes off a bit too sedate compared to Nakadai, also the one story interpretation of Sword Of Doom is a bit more intense and the pace is much quicker. I had a little trouble sitting through the first two movies in the trilogy. The third, I vaguely remember, was a bit more stimulating of a film. It's been a few years now since I've viewed these films, but Sword Of Doom I view at least three or four times a year, a masterpiece of a film.

daisho2004
Tatsuya Nakadai steals the role. Raizo's an awesome actor, but comes off a bit too sedate compared to Nakadai

Again I have to watch all of them in a weekend to compare notes, as to which is the better of them all.

Souls In The Moonlight: OK I just finished watching this trilogy and I thought it was great! Kataoka Chiezo was brilliant as Tsukue Ryunosuke he really was something how Evil he was. Nakamura Kinnosuke was great as Utsugi Hyoma who was out to avenge his brothers death. Now I cannot remember how different this was from the Satan Sword Trilogy so I'm going to have to pop that one in this weekend and start to watch that to really compare both trilogy's. But this one is a must own if your a fan of the Satan Sword trilogy.

waywardsage

I can only hope Animeigo can pick up the Satan's sword trilogy! I'd really like to own it from them.

vengeanceofhumanlanterns
Souls In The Moonlight: OK I just finished watching this trilogy and I thought it was great! Kataoka Chiezo was brilliant as Tsukue Ryunosuke he really was something how Evil he was. Nakamura Kinnosuke was great as Utsugi Hyoma who was out to avenge his brothers death. Now I cannot remember how different this was from the Satan Sword Trilogy so I'm going to have to pop that one in this weekend and start to watch that to really compare both trilogy's. But this one is a must own if your a fan of the Satan Sword trilogy.

Bro. Where can I get a decent DVD release of Souls In The Moonlight. I still haven't gotten around to picking it up.

ShaOW!linDude
I just received the other trilogy from Merlin over @SamuraiDVD.com based on this series as well Souls in the Moonlight

From what I've seen him post, this is usually daisho's source and he speaks rather highly of him.

vengeanceofhumanlanterns:ShaOW!linDude is right Merlin has them remastered! Excellent copies, most of all his movies he does will never see a legit release in the US.

I can only hope Animeigo can pick up the Satan's sword trilogy! I'd really like to own it from them.

waywardsage: I wouldn't hold my breathe on that happening anytime soon if ever! I would love it if they did also!

Archived