Dragon Dynasty Releases! Mad Monkey, Executioner from Shaolin, Five Shaolin Masters!

mpm74

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not that I usually mind, but that 5 Shaolin Masters cover is ASS. Just glad to see them FINALLY releasing more flicks. Sucks there's no simultaneous Blu Rays for these.

OldPangYau

And we were worried about them no longer releasing SB DVDs :tongue: I won't lie, I'm liking that Executioner From Shaolin cover. And they all come out a week before my birthday! WOO!

What's the other title for Martial Arts of Shaolin? Is it Shaolin Temple or Shaolin Temple 3?

What's the other title for Martial Arts of Shaolin? Is it Shaolin Temple or Shaolin Temple 3?

EDIT: Due to me mixing this up with his 1982 Shaolin Temple movie *hangs head in shame*

Shaolin Temple 3.

Except for a lot of the music, my favorite one in the series.

Kids from Shaolin was the second movie.

Those weapons on the 5 Shaolin Masters cover... correct me if I'm wrong, but they don't use any of those right?

QueMuchita

I hope they release these in Australia.... The last DD release in Australia was 5 Deadly Venoms i think

Any information if these are just bare-bone releases... or do they come with Bey Logan audio commentaries???

waywardsage

For me, any release is a GOOD release. There's a lot of hate on the covers of the films, but since this is DD's new direction, it doesn't bother me a ton. A lot of people hated on the Funimation DVD covers and I thought they were kinda cool for the most part.

There have bit TONS of S#$ty Shaw DVD covers in the past. At least they gave it a try unlike a ton of the bootlegs out there.

Guest Markgway

I'll buy Five Shaolin Masters and maybe Executioner(s) from Shaolin when the Blu Rays are released. I'm not double dipping again.

David Rees

I have all these on HK dvd so wont be double dipping. Now if they were Blu ray then thats a different story!..lets hope.

Eastern Evil

Wow, those covers do suck!

I just hope they add good extras, like commentaries. I think commentary is the most important extra a DVD could have. I could care less about most other 'extras' - keep the pics, stills, bio's & the crap like that.

Anyone else a fan of commentaries? Even a bad one can keep me occupied. I can clean or do things with out having to have my eyes peeled to the TV while listening.

I have nice multi language copies of all, so if they have decent extras, that is all that will make me purchase one of these.

It’s kind of weird that Arc Entertainment is listed as the studio. I wonder if the Weinsteins have gotten rid of Vivendi and is now using Arc to distribute these. This may explain why all the covers look similar with the same grey background (I’m also not a fan of the covers either).

On a positive note, Arc is known to do Blu-rays… and, since they are not Vivendi, there is a small chance that these may have extras.

Shawoholic

Mad Monkey KF no way I am doubledip.

Might get shaolin temple 3,it`s weakest of serie but have 1&2 as HK release so this would complete set.

5 Shaolin masters I pick if has nice bonus features.

Executioners I do get, I have been thinking some time of buying IVL release hanging around in my local shop.

Kindal lacklustre covers though...

TibetanWhiteCrane

def getting MMKF.... don't know about the others, depends on the extras. And by extras I mean audio comms. No comms, no double dip!

A lot of people hated on the Funimation DVD covers and I thought they were kinda cool for the most part.

Really, why?

Some of them were great.

Shawoholic
Really, why?

Some of them were great.

Agreed...not equal to IVL`s but better than sterile DD`s...

as long as they include the english dubs i will buy all four. i buy the official release of any english dub shaws (even the ones i don't like). what i'm really waiting for is DD to get around to releasing the dub versions of ANONYMOUS HEROES,THE FLYING DAGGER,INVINCIBLE FIST,BOXER REBELLION and some of the other more sought after titles---->AVENGING EAGLE, BOXER FROM SHANTUNG,MAN OF IRON etc. but at least they are releasing something.:bigsmile::tongue::wink:

Guest Markgway
i buy the official release of any english dub shaws (even the ones i don't like).

Why buy films you don't like?

Those weapons on the 5 Shaolin Masters cover... correct me if I'm wrong, but they don't use any of those right?

Not one weapon shown is used (or most of the clothes). Let's not forget the fact that David Chiang is on the cover twice (at least that AWFUL face looks kind of like him), yet NO Ti Lung?!?! Hell Gordon Liu (tiny part in the movie) is shown :|

If Bey, then buy! But that's the standard formula for any DVD release. Since I've already got the IVL versions of these movies, Logan is the only thing that could convince me to buy the DD ones.

OldPangYau

I just realized... these four releases will bring DD's DVD series up to 50. Only took 5 years :tongue:

Archived