Wuxia Knight (2012)

AlbertV

The Hollywood Reporter has reported that Andy Cheng and Ernie Reyes Jr. are co-directing a new martial arts action film entitled WUXIA KNIGHT.

Reyes and Cheng hope to make a franchise out of American "Martial Chivalry" films, think in Chinese..."Mei kuo wu xia pian".

"Wuxia Knight centers on a pair of high-flying detectives in a battle against a super-villain on a quest to take over a mystical martial arts kingdom in Chinatown."

Cody Yarbrough wrote the script and shooting is schedule to begin this fall. The film's executive producer, Napoleon Smith, is also going to work as EP on Michael Bay's TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES re-boot.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I love Ernie Reyes, Jr. but this idea makes me cringe.

Who knows, it could be so-bad-it's-good like Big Trouble in Little China.

Then again...I have a feeling stereotypes will abound. I bet if polled, most Americans probably think all Chinese people secretly know kung fu and can fly while catching mosquitoes with chopsticks.

Hopefully this doesn't add fuel to the fire.

ShaOW!linDude
I have a feeling stereotypes will abound. I bet if polled, most Americans probably think all Chinese people secretly know kung fu and can fly while catching mosquitoes with chopsticks.

What!

What a minute!

You mean.........

One Armed Boxer
"Wuxia Knight centers on a pair of high-flying detectives in a battle against a super-villain on a quest to take over a mystical martial arts kingdom in Chinatown."

My face went into involuntary spasms upon reading that synopsis.

But didn't Louis Koo & Sandra Ng kind of already beat them to it on this idea with last years lunar new year comedy 'Mr & Mrs Incredible'?

http://www.hkcinemagic.com/en/movie.asp?id=11396

What!

What a minute!

You mean.........

They can, they just don't want us to catch on to their diabolical plan to fly across the Pacific and use wushu to conquer the mutant pig man armies of America.

Ernie Reyes Jr. was interviewed last month and gave the plot of WUXIA KNIGHT.

wfQOyDbmJO8

The official website is also up with a teaser image

http://www.wuxiaknight.com

Hehehehe looks like Lord Rayden!!!!

Archived