Sector 7 (2011) - Korean 3D monster movie!

One Armed Boxer

One Armed Boxer

After the Han River dwelling monster of 'The Host', the missile launcher wearing dragons of 'D-War', & the oversized blood thirsty boar of 'Chaw'...this year's CGI creature feature from Korea is 'Sector 7'. Directed by Kim Ji-hoon & starring Ha Ji-won & Ahn Seong-gi, the movie looks to be set on an oil-rig which is visited by a very unwelcome guest.

With a trailer that features a lone female wondering through darkened corridors, a flame thrower, and an automated voice advising how long the rig has until it will self destruct...it looks like Ji-hoon is clearly a fan of Camerons' 'Aliens' finale...check it out below -

NUZ4LZmEsaE

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
odioustrident

Been waiting for this trailer for a while now... lets hope some Host 2 news is on its way.

okay i have a soft spot for creature flix :angel:

if there were the "d-war anonymous", i`d attend.

first time now i hear bout this movie. im getting an ambiguous vibe from the trailer. could go either way. beyond hollywood has a lot of chatter, news updates, comments and promo pics on the flick, which i hope will turn out a gem.

http://www.beyondhollywood.com/category/sector-7-2011-movie/

competent creature ruckus is always welcome in my house. anyhoo, will keep an eye out from now on. cheers for bringin it to my attention.

aint seen haeundae/tidal wave (apparently from the same crew responsible for sec7), any good ?

aint seen haeundae/tidal wave (apparently from the same crew responsible for sec7), any good ?

I'm sucker for a good disaster flick so I loved it. The high quality totty content of Uhm Jung Hwa and Ha Ji Won made it very easy on the eyes too. :angel:

• Administrator
KUNG FU BOB

Where do I line up for tickets? :nerd:

Yeah, it looks like it's biting off quite a bit of ALIENS, but if there were really a giant monster attacking us, what would we do? Probably... get a flamethrower, try to contain it, and blow it up, right? :tongue:

It does look like the trailer ends with the ending of the movie though. I hate that shit. :neutral: I long for the old days when they could lure you into the theater without ruining a movie. Sometimes without showing anything! Any of you older brothers and sisters remember the TV trailers for IT'S ALIVE and THE EXORCIST? Scary stuff!

One Armed Boxer
It does look like the trailer ends with the ending of the movie though. I hate that shit.

Ha ha....yeah I thought the same thing upon watching the trailer, the fact that it features the announcement of the rig being setup for self-destruct is a pretty sure indicator of the movie finale, unless they suddenly have a change of heart.

Film is now playing in Korea with English subs at some cinemas. Generally positive reviews.

?? with English subs. In Korea?? where did you see that?:ooh:

odioustrident

Please let us know how the special effects are! I'm hoping for a badass and original monster.

This film looks like a fun Saturday afternoon popcorn type film, though I do agree that I hate trailers that give away the ending. I used to think it was a newer phenomenon but when you see trailers from the 70s for some films, they show everything too, so I guess it is just the way some producers like to sell their product, with no surprises. :squigglemouth:

I'll probably go see it within the next days since I'm on vacation starting tomorrow! :bigsmile:

I'll let you know about it.

Great production value with the Oil Rig and the set pieces. Liked the acting. Good eye candy!

And the monster reminded me of the creature in avatar (used to ride on in the finale to fight the bad guy). Actually the CGI was on par with that, IMO.

Again, I haven't seen such production value in a horror film since the Alien films (first two).

Also, stay from the English dubb. It will make it the worse film you've seen. Take the original score with subtitles for this one.

I thought it was pretty shit. The monster looked like the Uroboros from Resident Evil 5 and it also featured the worst cgi motor bike race ever (it was done to a green screen, they just tilted the bikes, had someone wave a hairdryer to make their hair move and just cgi'd the background like the ones you see in racing games at the arcade), but most of all, it was rather boring.

I thought it was pretty shit. The monster looked like the Uroboros from Resident Evil 5 and it also featured the worst cgi motor bike race ever (it was done to a green screen, they just tilted the bikes, had someone wave a hairdryer to make their hair move and just cgi'd the background like the ones you see in racing games at the arcade), but most of all, it was rather boring.

It's a shame what even a few bad CGI scenes can do to a film.

They DID shoot a chase scene on the Oil Rig Dock. The Same one they used for filming other set pieces of the movie.

At that point it is like Death Race 1 & 2. Which did a better job blending studio, sets and actual locations. As you said, the closeups stand out as cheesy so the impression is the entire sequence is fake.

passable, underwhelming, okay filler on rainy days, mediocre, forgettable, generally solid with a high/lowlight ratio of about 3 to 7.

rating-wise.... maybe 5.3/10

Archived