Universal Soldier: Day of Reckoning (2012) - Scott Adkins, JCVD, & Dolph Lundgren

blue_skies

Jeru the Damaja

Looks like the German blu-ray is the release to get. As of now they will be the only country to get the NC-17 version of Universal Soldier: Day of Reckoning, and it looks like there were some serious cut for violence and gore.

http://www.movie-censorship.com/report.php?ID=583749

I haven't seen Dredd yet but I agree with the positive reviews of Safe. I thought that movie was definitely up there as one of Statham's better films.

Thanks for the info - will cancel my Amazon UK pre-order!

The German cut versions on DVD & BD can be recognised due to the red "18" logo on the bottom left of the sleeve.

Which means the uncut version is more expensive - nice!

http://www.amazon.de/Universal-Soldier-Reckoning-BluRay-Ungek%C3%BCrzt/dp/B00ASCBR02/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1357387953&sr=8-2

The 3-D combo version BD is also uncut:

http://www.amazon.de/Universal-Soldier-Reckoning-3DBlu-ray-Blu-ray/dp/B00AR2C2EI/ref=pd_cp_d_0

Another site has said the French release is also uncut but this hasn't been confirmed yet.

One Armed Boxer

Sorry guys if I've somehow missed this, but just to confirm, so the UK region 2 DVD is the cut version, but what about the US region 1 DVD?

Jeru the Damaja
Sorry guys if I've somehow missed this, but just to confirm, so the UK region 2 DVD is the cut version, but what about the US region 1 DVD?

I am pretty sure that the UK and US version are both cut.

The 3-D combo version BD is also uncut.

all releases of it or just the German one? For some reason they dont want to send this item to Australia? Its OK tho if THIS release is uncut also...it is (Australian) R18+

I believe it's just the German edition (and possibly the French release also) that is uncut.

The Australian release appears to be the cut version.

EDIT: It appeard the Australian release is, in fact, uncut.

Hang on, hang on. I haven't been following this thread since I can't even remember the last time Van Damme made a half decent effort let alone something good. But you guys are actually saying this features great action? I'm finding this really hard to believe that I may have to add a new Van Damme movie to my wanted list, really? maybe the Mayans were right and the world did really end:tongue:

Hang on, hang on. I haven't been following this thread since I can't even remember the last time Van Damme made a half decent effort let alone something good. But you guys are actually saying this features great action? I'm finding this really hard to believe that I may have to add a new Van Damme movie to my wanted list, really? maybe the Mayans were right and the world did really end:tongue:

Keep in mind that Scott Adkins is the lead, front and center. And the last one had some fantastic action scenes. So I'm not at all surprised that this one kicks ass.

Keep in mind that Scott Adkins is the lead, front and center. And the last one had some fantastic action scenes. So I'm not at all surprised that this one kicks ass.

Cool :bigsmile:

I was expecting Scottt to be playing second fiddle to VD, so this raises my interest enormously.

KFC forum member Jox has just posted over on the CHUD B-movie forum:

The thumb down of the day is that Sony came back on their decision to release the uncut version of UNIVERSAL SOLDIER: DAY OF RECKONING, Hyams isn't happy about it obviously, and feels terrible to have been telling fans it would.

So the Sony US edition will have the best extras (commentary + 3 parts in-depth making of documentary) but the uncut version will only be released in the U.K., France, Germany, and Australia (as well in 3D for the latter two)...

:tinysmile_angry2_t:

So...if you want ALL the extras you're gonna have to double-dip!

ShaOW!linDude

So the US extras won't have the deleted scenes of what was chopped from the uncut version? Well, that's bogus.

Let me ask this: has there been any mention of a DC or am I to assume that the uncut version is it?

The commentary would be cool (especially if Adkins is one of the commentators) but I prefer an extended or uncut version myself.

So the US extras won't have the deleted scenes of what was chopped from the uncut version? Well, that's bogus.

Let me ask this: has there been any mention of a DC or am I to assume that the uncut version is it?

The commentary would be cool (especially if Adkins is one of the commentators) but I prefer an extended or uncut version myself.

The cuts won't be on the US DVD/BD, it seems, bro.

There's no DC either. Hyams has said the full, NC-17 version is "the" version.

Shame he went ahead and did the commentary (it's him and Dolph, which I bet is pretty cool) on the R-rated, edited version. Wonder why, when he himself said the DVD/BD would be uncut?

It is very odd that the UK is getting something uncut that the US isn't - think this might be a first!

Not sure what region the Australian discs are, but the only region-free BD is the German 3D edition, so far.

Australian version is UNCUT (see attachment-pic from phone)

as for the region there is NO indication of BR region on the cover or the disc which makes me think its region free, it does however say the DVD is region 4

Ive left the query on the distributors facebook page which I recommend u check out also as they are giving away a few copies

post-1518-144191894011_thumb.jpg

One Armed Boxer
Originally Posted by Karlos

Hard Target.

& 'Drive'! The Mark Dacascos version of course...

Australian version is UNCUT

Ok, I'm sure I'm not the only one on here who's itching to buy this but is still a little confused. So earlier in the thread it was mentioned that the UK version will be cut, then it was revealed as uncut, then it was also said the Australian version was cut, but now it seems it's also uncut as well.

So is it basically safe to say that the only actual cut version of the movie which has been released is the region 1 US version?

I'm currently based in Australia, so if the region 4 Aussie DVD is definitely uncut, I'll probably go buy it tomorrow.

I just noticed the runtime on the dvd & blu-ray are different

the box shows the blu at 114mins & dvd at 110mins

have checked both discs tho & both are UNCUT, not sure how that works

**edit**

Should mention I bought the 3D/2D(both on one disc)+DVD combo pack from JB (who incidentally have 20% off all dvd+blu atm)

Many thanks for the info, Derwood. Much appreciated.

I've seen both the 114 min. and 110 min. running times on various listings. I'm guessing one is simply a mistake?

UGH.....again studios ruin what could have been a great DVD release. I look forward to hearing the commentary on the US "cut" but at the same time it's irritating that the directors intended cut is not being released in the US.

Makes me glad I have a region free player!!

I look forward to reading what will be the best release of the movie!!

Jeru the Damaja
UGH.....again studios ruin what could have been a great DVD release. I look forward to hearing the commentary on the US "cut" but at the same time it's irritating that the directors intended cut is not being released in the US.

Makes me glad I have a region free player!!

I look forward to reading what will be the best release of the movie!!

I agree, I live in the states as well, and this makes absolutely no sense to me. I don't understand why Sony Pictures would not release the damn movie the way Hyams wanted it released. I will probably go ahead and grab the UK release at some point if it is uncut, but I am going to wait for some more reviews before I drop the cash. From what I've seen, the movie isn't getting very favorable reviews overall. Most are ranging from mediocre to bad.

the diiference in the aussie dvd/blu-ray will be down to pal speed up on the dvd.

cheers

I had an inkling this may be the case but Im not too up on that technical side

& on some not so great news the response from transmission films (Australian distributor) was-

"our Blu-rays, including Universal Soldier, are Region B (common for Australia, New Zealand and Europe), hope that helps"

Watched this yesterday, for free, and really enjoyed it, Adkins should move onto bigger things with performances like this, he seems to be constantly improving (RESPECT!!), nice to see Van Damme and Lundgren seeming to be enjoying themselves too!!

Will check out EL Gringo today for Nought, love the Net!!!