What happened to Dragon Dynasty's Shaw range?

Killer Meteor

Killer Meteor

Four titles were suggested by them on thier Facebook page but no further news.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply
waywardsage

They're dead as far as I know. A lot of small DVD distributors have pretty much dried up with their distribution. There haven't been that many Shaws released since January.

Also, Animego isn't saying much about future Samurai films either.

BigDruDogg

Beside Mediablasters releases of Iron Bodyguards "May 31" and Lion vs Lion "June 28" (if they do ever come out...) I don't know of any further Shaws that are due to be released in the US...Nothings been announced to my knowledge..

Its a frustrating time to be a Martial Arts Fan, in the US...:cry:

BigDruDogg
Aren't DD putting out a BD of Five Venoms next week?

They are, but I was referring to new Shaw films that's never had a legit NTSC release on any format...

I'm crossing my fingers that DD put some time into there 5DV bluray.. But I'm not holding my breath.:squigglemouth:

waywardsage

They were putting out some decent releases on DVD for a while. But they've pretty much dried up.

OldPangYau

How could it have "dried up"? They had the rights to, I believe, 50 Shaws... Dragon Dynasty as a company overall hasn't even hit 50 releases (but very close). Hell, still waiting on Boxer From Shantung, New One Armed Swordsman, Flying Guillotine, etc, etc. I think they have The Chinese Boxer as well.

At least the 5DV blu-ray looks decent.

Guest Markgway

It would be to DD's benefit (and ours) if they out out future DVDs and BDs at the same time.

Their marketing strategy is shit.

karatemoviecom

Due to the bad economy, alot of movies are being held off until things start to pick up. No one wants to have 10,000 DVD's sitting in a warehouse!

waywardsage

I was going to re-post a new thread, but I figured i'd resurrect this old one. So is Dragon Dynasty officially dead? Arc entertainment seemed to really pickup the distribution with a fury of releases. Are they going to release more? What does anyone else know/think?

blue_skies
I was going to re-post a new thread, but I figured i'd resurrect this old one. So is Dragon Dynasty officially dead? Arc entertainment seemed to really pickup the distribution with a fury of releases. Are they going to release more? What does anyone else know/think?

I hope we'll see more!

Archived