Machete Maidens Unleashed: Filipino genre film documentary!

mpm74

From the makers of NOT QUITE HOLLYWOOD:

Karate-kickin’ midgets! Paper-mache monsters! Busty babes with blades! Filipino genre films of the ’70s and ’80s had it all.

Boasting cheap labour, exotic scenery and non-existent health and safety regulations, the Philippines was a dreamland for exploitation filmmakers whose renegade productions were soon engulfing drive-in screens around the globe like a tidal schlock-wave!

Click here for more details and trailer!

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Jesse Smooth

Wish I was at Actionfest to see it. With the Thais making their mark in action movies, I'd love the see the Filipinos step it up.

Jesse Smooth
Jesse.... putang ina mo!!!!

Yeah, I know I'm crazy...I still wanna see the movie though.

Yeah, I need to see this movie BADLY! It was done by the same people who made the Ozploitation doc. "Not Quite Hollywood" which was freakin' awesome. This one looks like it could be even better.

Yeah, thought so... Just wondering, that's all. I'm pinoy too btw. Nice to see another brother here.:smile2:

sifu iron perm

oh shit, when does this drop?

I recall when an imdb poster mentioned a future doc on weng weng..but lost contact!

This seems like the next best thing!

Im a fan of Indonesian & filipino Movies..

oh shit, when does this drop?

July 26, 2011

Yeah, thought so... Just wondering, that's all. I'm pinoy too btw. Nice to see another brother here

Likewise! You should invite me over your house for ADOBO. =D

OpiumKungFuCracker

@DIP WOW, nice work on figuring out mpm74 is Filipino.. This board has become closer than ever, I feel at home now, lol...

OpiumKungFuCracker

What's the name of that one Filipino movie where some girl is possessed by devils or something and she's constantly horny as fuck?? In the beginning of the movie there is this guy who just pounds the shit out of this ox into pieces with like an axe or somethin and the kids are crying there eyes out... What movie is that???

Likewise! You should invite me over your house for ADOBO. =D

I wish. I don't live in the States. :tongue2:

@DIP WOW, nice work on figuring out mpm74 is Filipino.. This board has become closer than ever, I feel at home now, lol...

Geez, you're pinoy too? Haha, welcome to the club bro! :bigsmile:

OpiumKungFuCracker
I wish. I don't live in the States. :tongue2:

Geez, you're pinoy too? Haha, welcome to the club bro! :bigsmile:

Actually Cambodian/Thai but same skin color, lol.... Most of my friends are and I live and grew up in a predominately Filipino community... I go to this place near my house almost every day for some good filipino food, it's some good grubbin!!!

Jesse Smooth

There's a Filipino restaurant in one of the suburbs of where I live. Not sure it its still there.

It's on TV here tonight.

It might also stream here after it airs. Programs are usually streamed for 2 weeks after their original air date.

I'm not sure if you have to have an Australian IP address to use this service though.

http://www.abc.net.au/tv/iview/

Jesse Smooth
Been there. Not bad. Not as good as the flip restuarants in Cali and Vegas though. Best is still mom's place though!

I know Cali and Vegas has Phoenix beat hands down and I'm sure mom's place has Cali and Vegas beat, LOL. I'm surprised there aren't as many Filipino places as Thai and Vietnamese places are popping up. I read a review about a new Cambodian joint that just opened up here.

Knockabout
What's the name of that one Filipino movie where some girl is possessed by devils or something and she's constantly horny as fuck?? In the beginning of the movie there is this guy who just pounds the shit out of this ox into pieces with like an axe or somethin and the kids are crying there eyes out... What movie is that???

SILIP - recently released on DVD by Mondo Macabro :wink:

Actually Cambodian/Thai but same skin color, lol.... Most of my friends are and I live and grew up in a predominately Filipino community... I go to this place near my house almost every day for some good filipino food, it's some good grubbin!!!

Cool. And yeah, pinoy food is good ish. Go for tusino beef anytime.

dionbrother

Saw it at the Actionfest. Amusing but not revelatory. It could have been titled "Sam Sherman and Roger Corman make movies in the Phillipines" because that's the bulk of the documentary. And all of your fantasies about Colleen Camp and Jayne Kennedy will be ruined by their new interviews. Both aged into heavy looking creatures. Still, I love the Blood Island pictures, so it was cool to see Eddie Romero interviewed.

Archived