Did Gordon liu do his own Stunts ?

Fanboy1991

gravedigger666

I can't recall that the venoms doubles for each other at any specific point.

If that happened, must be some member was sick or holiday.All of them were except lomang and sun chien were exceptonal at tricky aerial movements.Lu Feng did not need anyone to double him at butterfly twist which is one of most difficult moves to perform well.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's not LKL. If you look at more of the footage, there's a shot of him before that start at 3:12. You see his face, then it cuts to this where you don't see his face and continues to 3:20. That's all the double.

He was 43 in '79 and was never an acrobat.

Like I said the guy doubling pops in Mad Monkey is Ching Chu, usually it would have been Hsiao Hou (the finest acrobat in movies) but it would be difficult for Hsiao Hou to double pops here aswell as playing the lead. Also how can anyone criticise Hsiao Hou for sloppy acrobatic technique?? This guy was untouchably skilled-the triple front flip he uses to make his entrance in Disciples of 36th Chamber is the greatest entrance ever!!

I dont believe pops EVER did a flip of any kind, he was NEVER trained as an acrobat.

Honestly doing a flip is easy. I am not trained in martial arts or gymnastics and I can do stuff just from some practicing. I think they needed stunt doubles because yes Lau Sifu was old but also take after take it would be good for someone with training to do it.

if that's LKL doing them flips then I'm DB cooper!

as Pop's jr said a lot of the Laus stunts esp Ariel spins and splits were done by gymnast Rocky Lee his real name is Chan Keung, he got paralyzed jumping into a tree during making Iron Angel's.

I took this pic in 84 at Shaws he was a really nice guy, he joined Shaws with Jackson Ng and Mak Wai-Cheung (monkey)

chankeung.jpg

Chan Keung

Killer Meteor
Honestly doing a flip is easy. I am not trained in martial arts or gymnastics and I can do stuff just from some practicing. I think they needed stunt doubles because yes Lau Sifu was old but also take after take it would be good for someone with training to do it.

I could never do a flip! I can't imagine how most people can without training.

Reel Power Stunts

Rocky Lee got paralyzed jumping into a tree during making Iron Angel's.

I took this pic in 84 at Shaws he was a really nice guy, he joined Shaws with Jackson Ng and Mak Wai-Cheung (monkey)

Tony Leung Siu-hung talks a bit about the accident in the book "Hollywood East". As action director of "Iron Angels", he ended up getting sued. He points out that in his opinion it was a straightforward stunt, and his own brother performed the fall with Rocky and was unhurt. Accidents happen...

Mak Wai-cheung still keeps in touch with Rocky

monkliu.jpg

43871002.jpg

Some of the worst doubling I've ever seen, almost ruins a decent movie.

bCg6EuTqbdY

These girls just need to follow up their fight with a heartfelt kiss & makeup session, that'd definitely improve the movie for me!

Archived