Bruce Lee the Invincible (1978)

Guest Markgway

Guest Markgway

Curious thing...

The US TV version runs 90:06 (NTSC) and is cut by approx 2:14 for sex and mild profanity.

That would make a supposedly uncut running time of 92:20 -- right?

But I checked the Ocean Shores version (Mandarin) and that only runs 84:39 (PAL) or 88:16 (NTSC) - shorter than the edited TV version despite containing seemingly all the adult footage censored from that cut.

So what's been removed from the Ocean Shores print? Must be around 4:00 worth. I'm looking but nothing jumps out...

Anyone??

Killer Meteor
Curious thing...

The US TV version runs 90:06 (NTSC) and is cut by approx 2:14 for sex and mild profanity.

But I checked the Ocean Shores version (Mandarin) and that only runs 84:39 (PAL) or 88:16 (NTSC) - shorter than the edited TV version despite containing seemingly all the adult footage censored from that cut.

So what's been removed from the Ocean Shores print? Must be around 4:00 worth. I'm looking but nothing jumps out...

Anyone??

I do know that the TV print of Dynamo padded out the running time with clips from Bruce Lee And I to make up for censored footage.

Could it be the US TV version for Bruce Lee The Invincible is padded out with footage from another Bruce(ish) film?

also, some US tv prints of movies used to step print footage to make them last longer to fill out 2-hour time slots (with commericals).

Strangely, the OS-VCD seems complete but running 84:40. I compared it with the 90 minutes long version on youtube, which missed most of the sex scene.

But how can that be? Really curious.

3 hours ago, chonk said:

Strangely, the OS-VCD seems complete but running 84:40. I compared it with the 90 minutes long version on youtube, which missed most of the sex scene.

But how can that be? Really curious.

PAL-NTSC speed differences maybe? Or does the youtube version include something that the VCD doesn't?

1 minute ago, Asmo said:

PAL-NTSC speed differences maybe? Or does the youtube version include something that the VCD doesn't?

No additional content and the speed difference doesn't add up. 84:40 converted in NTSC is less than 90minutes. But it's the VCD which includes more footage!

Basically impossible. What am I missing here?

Kuenfist recently improved his custom of this one. Easily the best version around.Runs 1:24:42

Edited by saltysam
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, saltysam said:

Kuenfist recently improved his custom of this one. Easily the best version around.Runs 1:24:42

Many thanks! I'm very new to all of this but can't wait to check it out.

Logge1002
On 5/6/2011 at 5:11 PM, Guest Markgway said:

Curious thing...

Anyone??

Just came here to ask the same. I have the German VHS version which runs only 76 minutes and cuts both bloody deaths of the gorillas as well as the whole story regarding the shaolin monk but has all the nudity. 
got another version from Gotham city entertainment which runs 84 minutes and now i would really love to see what 4 minutes am I missing especially since on YouTube it really has a lot of the nudity cut from the 90 minutes version. Does anybody know this? Funnily enough the back of the dvd also says 90 minutes xD 

IMG_4054.dng IMG_4053.dng