The Big Boss 2 for US$15.000!

MG Lerox

Totally agree with most of what you said; but unlike those other "big boss" movies, this one is actually a "real" sequel (or trying to be, and not just re-titled with the words).

We should call YOU the 2nd big boss.

Yup thats right, but I've always wondered how the hell this movie became lost? I mean there are many lost movies, but hey this one got Lo Lieh, Wang Ping, Chan Wei-Man and then most famous Thai actor Krung Srivilai in it:squigglemouth:

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
silver hermit
Moving forward, any NEW collect-a-thons. Until the mods come to a consensus on forum policy, the promotion of these projects and collection of funds should be handled elsewhere. There's several KF related boards out there that may welcome these types of projects or they can be done via someone's blog or website. Thanks.

don't get me wrong i respect any choices mods make and will follow any rules set in stone but please be clear on the issue. i'm sorry if our project was the straw that broke the camels back so to speak. but can you please make the issue clear. its a very vague discription. and when there is project stickys put up with in the last 2 weeks it does not send the correct message. it makes it seem as if there is privilaged members on the board. even mod are doing projects. it seems we are being lead down a road based on insider relationships. right now projects are the most interesting thing going on in the fandom. the only threads that get more views are the fighting and negative threads. numbers don't lie look at the views. for gods sake these movies are 30 years old every single question has possibly been asked already. they are just being reworded and beaten like a dead horse. why can't the fandom evolve? why must it be stagnant because inmature members attack wantonly without any disipline or repercussions then they are rewarded on top of it. prefertory treatment, mod enforcement gives the impression all is not fair and equal. why should everyone be subjected to grown men acting like children blasting the board with negative spew to throw dirt on others efforts. why can't the mods address individual transgressions instead of white washing the issue painting with too broad a brush. its not the projects causing the trouble. its the same group the same people trying to dominate the board. it seems like if you want to stop someones efforts all you have to do is cause trouble in any thread you don't like then it will get locked. if we look at the trouble in any project thread its the same vocal minority that ruins the fun for everyone else and the more the are free to insult its making them more bold.

i do not think the project issue is one that divides us. its one of the most polarizing subjects in the fandom today. the real issue that mods should be dealing with are the aggressors and instigators. it is clear who they are. they appear in every thread insulting and starting fights. the fact they are never dealt with leads them to getting more and more bold more and more insulting this in turn upsets others and we get a game of tit for tat. the real problem is the endless stream of troll activity that infests the board. i love the people on here but its the few bad apples that is the real issue. the fact these troubled souls are not addressed it is creating more monsters because people are like damn he can get away with it i'm going to do it too.

your troll issue is much worse and ruins the kfc experience than projects.

(edit) 15,000$ for a film is foolish to even consider unless you are getting the rights

15,000$ for a film is foolish to even consider unless you are getting the rights

Yup rights are included in that price.

Blood Sword
Yup rights are included in that price.

That`s quite good deal then for brave investor who wants to see some effort.

My personal view is the movies should be made available for free, and that the idea behind that mentality should

be promoted. To be honest, there seems to be too much emphasis on name-making (for some) and money-making. The

mentality behind both are one in the same and they lead to nowhere. The innocence is gone, we should try and find a

way to get back to what it's about, i feel we are nowhere near it on the forum these days. In respect to "personal projects"

most of the threads end up closed. At a certain point you have to ask why.

Whether the issue is the seller, or the buyers or trolls, money seems to be at the root for dissension amongst members.

It used to be fun and fun to read about, but it's time for change. I'm tired of seeing the rivalry and subtle efforts between

certain teams. If it's not stopped now it will just grow and grow until change is forced to come. The nose-picking and name

calling, it's not even limited to KFC, it's broken out onto other forums as well again just recently. And believe me when i

say in the worst most disrespectful way. The root of the difficulties always seem to trace back again to money.

I left the forum for 6-7 months last year, the reason why is partly because i was tired of seeing the new direction it was

going. I wish Mark Pollard never left the site, i said to myself why would i want to be here when the webmaster who

maintained the site was gone. The other reason was because the forum seemed to lose touch of the innocence of speaking

about kung-fu related films freely in light of a dominating marketplace. In other words the forum had seem to be more like

a market place amongst-discussing kung fu movies. I never came to this forum because it thought it would be a store.

I came here to forget all of my problems and discuss kung fu movies.

There are countless individuals who have put out projects for free over the years, and they never even got credit. I don't

know what teako will decide, but i trust he and the other moderators will come to the right decision.

--Daigoro

don't get me wrong i respect any choices mods make and will follow any rules set in stone but please be clear on the issue. ....

You have raised some good questions silver hermit. So as not to distract the thread away from the topic of Big Boss II, I have responded to your PM.

ChineseSausage

...be pretty hard for you to sell it. I don't like to say it but, nobody wants to invest money in a relatively new chinese actor.

ok not. Wrong film

monkeygift

So that comes with the Rights? but the rights for where? North America, India, France, the world?

I previously owned a DVD distribution company and dealt with producers, directors and we had to deal with rights etc. And believe me, getting this movie for 15000$ even WITH rights is a very suicidal idea for a small distributor. Let's just say that to produce 1000 DVD this will cost roughtly 2000$, on top of that you need to make a DVD cover (pay someone to do the art) and then print that DVD cover, let's say an extra 200$. So if you sell your DVDs for a mere 5$ (just 5$!!!), you'll need to sell at least 3440 units just to get EVEN. So, now with the video stores dying and the torrents and downloadings more popular then ever, this is ridiculous. Unless you are very rich and want to be some kind of Santa Clause for Kung Fu fans lol!:squigglemouth:

Hmmm...

I believe a distribution company, maybe the size of Tokyo Shock or Funimation, can make a killing on this title. They have set clients where they automatically distribute to amazon.com, bestbuys, walmarts, DVDempires, etc. If they can't invest $1,500 to take a chance on a "potentially popular" martial arts movie (including everything else, packaging, DVD duplication, etc - they don't have to remaster the thing, at least not to a pristine state), then the company is on it's way out to begin with.

By potentially popular, I mean it's a gem. It's not like it's a title that has been circulating in many DVD budget packs or on EP VHS tapes for the last 20 years. This is the first time it'll see the light of day since whenever.

On top of it, they can sell it to Netflix for online streaming, after a little bit of shelf life.

It may be a Bruce Le movie, but it has Lo Lieh and Chan Wai Man in it. If done right, there is money to be made, especially if it's a shady sequel to a well-known Bruce Lee movie. These damn Bruce Lee/Bruceploition movies sell at a steady pace, I don't care what anyone says.

I actually bet it will do better than some of these Funimation Shaws.

I don't have $1,500 to fork out; but it's NOT a lot for a movie, especially IF (and that's IF) you really do get the legal rights to distribute it however you want. That's the part I'd be worried about.

• Administrator
KUNG FU BOB
Hmmm...

I believe a distribution company, maybe the size of Tokyo Shock or Funimation, can make a killing on this title. They have set clients where they automatically distribute to amazon.com, bestbuys, walmarts, DVDempires, etc. If they can't invest $1,500 to take a chance on a "potentially popular" martial arts movie (including everything else, packaging, DVD duplication, etc - they don't have to remaster the thing, at least not to a pristine state), then the company is on it's way out to begin with.

You may be right... if the cost was $1,500 as you stated above. But brother, you are missing a zero. They want $15,000 for it! That's why I wouldn't give you that job as my accountant. :xd: LOL No way that movie is worth releasing for that!

• Administrator
KUNG FU BOB
Okay, forget it. Damn, now I feel stupid. =D lol

You're not stupid! :smile: If you were, I'd be the first to tell you. :wink: Kidding Bro! :tongue:

Believe it or not owner of the Big Boss 2 offered it for nothing less then 15.000 US $! Are Kung Fu fans on that level to make and collect that money? Is it possible at all?

Who is the owner? :nerd:

thedirtytiger

Someone needs to contact George Tan. That guy will buy it and re-sell the hell out of it.

No, he doesn't want it, he can get many better films for much less money.

Blood Sword
i'll buy it !

but for no more than $14,993.54 ,.. take it or leave it! :cry::tongue:

or how's this

should i buy a car or ,..... this film ? :squigglemouth:

or how many hamburgers is that from mcdonalds ? or better yet how many hookers from shanghai can that buy me ?:angel: lol

I would rather spent 15k for hookers than film....and have done that actually,my girlfriend is expensive:cry:

ShaOW!linDude
I would rather spent 15k for hookers than film....and have done that actually,my girlfriend is expensive:cry:

BREAKING NEWS!!!!

This just in: Blood Sword's girlfriend has broken up with him and now states it will cost him at least $30,000 to take him back.

Are you saying your girlfriend is a hooker? :neutral:

However, getting back on topic: Has anyone got hold of a copy of BIG BOSS PART 2 yet??

Yesterday, someone mentioned to me that a dvdr exists but like with some of Global's other films it's missing quite a bit. Is this correct info - or is my friend confusing it with another film???

You'd think it was more like the original THE BIG BOSS uncut at that price.

Still a bit cheaper than TIGER CAGE 2(MADE IN HONG KONG VHS) new(US$15,493.59) off amazon UK: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Tiger-Cage-VHS-Donnie-Yen/dp/B00004CR43/ref=sr_1_1?s=video&ie=UTF8&qid=1309467045&sr=1-1 lol :tongue:

You'd think it was more like the original THE BIG BOSS uncut at that price.

Still a bit cheaper than TIGER CAGE 2(MADE IN HONG KONG VHS) new(US$15,493.59) off amazon UK: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Tiger-Cage-VHS-Donnie-Yen/dp/B00004CR43/ref=sr_1_1?s=video&ie=UTF8&qid=1309467045&sr=1-1 lol :tongue:

Yeah man this is really interesting and funny :wink: it could have been a misprint,typo etc ( but one wonders why it has not been corrected ) or perhaps it could be a clever sales gimmick to lure someone desperate enough to get that particular copy for whatever reason who has very deep pockets with money obviously not being any issue whatsoever.

Perhaps if it was Tiger Boy instead of Tiger Cage then...........eh?................maybe .................well..............:tongue:

Archived