The Big Boss 2 for US$15.000!

MG Lerox

Believe it or not owner of the Big Boss 2 offered it for nothing less then 15.000 US $! Are Kung Fu fans on that level to make and collect that money? Is it possible at all?

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Son Of A Gun

WTF? A crappy Bruce Li film, $15.000? :xd:

If it was 'Bruce Lee' then maybe.

WTF? A crappy Bruce Li film, $15.000? :xd:

If it was 'Bruce Lee' then maybe.

It's actually Lo Lieh/Chan Wai-Man movie, Bruce Le has only cameo appearance.

Someone needs to contact George Tan. That guy will buy it and re-sell the hell out of it.

silver hermit

there is no way on earth anyone should pay that much for a 35mm print.and there is no way fans could be expected to raise that amount. SMDH

100 people chipping in $150......should be easy enough!!!!!!!!!!!

"We should call you the 2nd big boss"

wigsplitta
"We should call you the 2nd big boss"

:xd:

Perhaps I can get some mates together and do an "unofficial" remake. I guarantee it will cost less than 15,000!

Back in reality, I guess we're all just gonna have to accept the fact that it ain't gonna been seen any time soon. If ever. :sad:

Perhaps I can get some mates together and do an "unofficial" remake. I guarantee it will cost less than 15,000!

Back in reality, I guess we're all just gonna have to accept the fact that it ain't gonna been seen any time soon. If ever.

"Kung fu king, huh?"

100 people paying $150? Can't we have a sub group, paying small amounts, like $10 - $15?:smile::tongue::bigsmile:

This would be pretty hard, but if there happen to ever join all fans of "B-Movies" it should be quite possible to make that money. But firstly we need to get in touch with that guy, namely member called "TheDirytiger" or something like that is in contact with that guy, then could as for lower price or something like that. So i would post something that we really need if we want to do this:

1. Firstly we need someone, really really trustfull to keep money on his paypal accaunt. This person need to be someone with HUGE respect and expiriance.

2. We need to get clip or at last screen shots of the print to see if it is in good shape.

3. We need to get in touch with that guy, in best case bring him on this forum.

I can with several guys surf around some b-horror, spag westerns, underground, z-movies and those forums and ask if there are any guys interested in this.

I hope that this will finish good, and that everyone will be happy.

I just made couple of suggestions, so if you want to do it I'll leave rest of the job to you "big guys".

Best

-MG Lerox

I estimate the film's worth to be no more than $1,000.00. I did not read into everything everyone wrote yet, but if the actual

reels are involved i appraise the actual worth of them to be no more than $1,500-$2,000. It really depends on the condition

of the reels and the collector willing buy them. I personally have no interest in this film whatsoever, all the movie has is a

title "Big Boss" that has been used in at least 10 other movies. I don't think i would watch it if someone gave it to me free.

For the sake of discussion, would anyone else care to estimate the unfeigned monetary value of the film, thanks. I never

was a fan of Bruce Le by the way, Bruce Li all-the-way.:) Please believe me when i say that by my words, i do not wish

to cast a negative light upon the possibility of obtaining a print. This is my honest opinion as vet-collector. --Daigoro

Why couldn't we contact PANMEDIA or some shady company; maybe they would be interested buying the film and releasing it?

I'm down to throw in as much as $50, but no more than that.

odioustrident

Is the Bruce fan pool so deep that some profit can be made on this deal? I feel like if it was marketed right this is almost possible.

Just an FYI all.... considering all the negativism that these types of deals create, there will be no fundraising project allowed for this film on this board. Unfortunately, some of these projects have adversely affected the well-being of the forum and created dissension and mistrust amongst the members. Not saying a fundrasing project can't be discussed. Just saying that there will be no "requests for contributions" allowed here.

MG Lerox >> I would suggest taking this Big Boss II idea to another site which may have interest in pursuing this project. Good luck.

This would be pretty hard, but if there happen to ever join all fans of "B-Movies" it should be quite possible to make that money. But firstly we need to get in touch with that guy, namely member called "TheDirytiger" or something like that is in contact with that guy, then could as for lower price or something like that. So i would post something that we really need if we want to do this:

1. Firstly we need someone, really really trustfull to keep money on his paypal accaunt. This person need to be someone with HUGE respect and expiriance.

2. We need to get clip or at last screen shots of the print to see if it is in good shape.

3. We need to get in touch with that guy, in best case bring him on this forum.

I can with several guys surf around some b-horror, spag westerns, underground, z-movies and those forums and ask if there are any guys interested in this.

I hope that this will finish good, and that everyone will be happy.

I just made couple of suggestions, so if you want to do it I'll leave rest of the job to you "big guys".

Best

-MG Lerox

FIRSTLY, we need to find out where the owner of the film lives; then take it from him. It's not technically stealing if we give it back to him (as soon as we transfer it to a DVD, that is).

Just an FYI all.... considering all the negativism that these types of deals create, there will be no fundraising project allowed for this film on this board. Unfortunately, some of these projects have adversely affected the well-being of the forum and created dissension and mistrust amongst the members. Not saying a fundrasing project can't be discussed. Just saying that there will be no "requests for contributions" allowed here.

MG Lerox >> I would suggest taking this Big Boss II idea to another site which may have interest in pursuing this project. Good luck.

That's interesting news, Teako. So all collect-a-thons are not allowed here now?

Yeah i got your point correctly, I was never interested in requestin contributors and that, just wanted to see how other fans opinions.

Guest Markgway

Seems to be a very thin line between film collector and profiteer when it comes to Kung Fu.

Having seen the opening of Big Boss, Part II you'd have to be a lunatic to pay $15,000 for it.

$15 maybe...

So all collect-a-thons are not allowed here now?

Moving forward, any NEW collect-a-thons. Until the mods come to a consensus on forum policy, the promotion of these projects and collection of funds should be handled elsewhere. There's several KF related boards out there that may welcome these types of projects or they can be done via someone's blog or website. Thanks.

BATTLE AXE 45

I can't believe you guys are even entertaining thoughts about this crapfest no matter how rare its suppose to be.Just because it's a 35mm reel doesn't mean the quality is any more than mediocre.Plus there are way too many worthy movies rolling around to waste on this D grade flick.

i wouldn`t pay that for the fully uncut big boss.

this is priced at least 10 times more than it`s real value

all the movie has is a

title "Big Boss" that has been used in at least 10 other movies.

Totally agree with most of what you said; but unlike those other "big boss" movies, this one is actually a "real" sequel (or trying to be, and not just re-titled with the words).

We should call YOU the 2nd big boss.

Archived