BLR Fanzine Issue #2

johnoverall

johnoverall

th_blr_2_test_cover.jpg

Super cool cover (by mpm74) subject to slight changes, written content pretty much almost all there. Hoping to get it out there for a late May, perhaps June release!

If you're interested in keeping tabs on this, you can follow me on Twitter or like my Facebook page

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
KUNG FU BOB

I MUST have issue 2 of this brother! But I don't use either of those things ("Kung Fu Bob don't tweet!":xd:). Will you be keeping us updated here too? Or can I just pay in advance for my copy? I understand how publishing something like this works. So as long as I get it within the next three months I'm fine with paying now. If I can, please PM me the details. :nerd:

Looking forward to it as well!

John: What else can we expect in issue #2?

johnoverall
I MUST have issue 2 of this brother! But I don't use either of those things ("Kung Fu Bob don't tweet!":xd:). Will you be keeping us updated here too? Or can I just pay in advance for my copy? I understand how publishing something like this works. So as long as I get it within the next three months I'm fine with paying now. If I can, please PM me the details. :nerd:

Digging the enthusiasm! :xd: Sorry about the social networking element, it's just more convenient for me.

Will post updates here as long as they're welcome, and no need to pay in advance as no subscriptions are available until I see how the second issue performs. As soon as it's back from the printers I'll let you know; still a ways to go before I'm done with it.

Looking forward to it as well!

John: What else can we expect in issue #2?

The cover kind of blows the lid on my main focus and that's an interview with Aarif Lee of Bruce Lee, My Brother (aka Young Bruce Lee) which is also the final missing piece of puzzle and should hopefully be in place within the next week or two.

Beyond the reviews of print and video there's an interview with French Longstreet director Jeannot Szwarc. Other features include the concluding part of The 'Missing' Big Boss, Bruce Lee in Four Colours (a look at Bruce Lee's influence in comic books) and The Way of the Drive-in (discovering Bruce Lee on the big-screen... in the great outdoors). As with the cover, the line-up is subject to change as who knows what the layout might do to the running order!

• Administrator
KUNG FU BOB
Digging the enthusiasm! :xd: Sorry about the social networking element, it's just more convenient for me.

Will post updates here as long as they're welcome, and no need to pay in advance as no subscriptions are available until I see how the second issue performs. As soon as it's back from the printers I'll let you know; still a ways to go before I'm done with it.

Hey, that's cool man. I want you to get the word out there however you can. The more people that check out your mag the better (for them and you). I just want to make sure I didn't miss out on the announcement. But if you'll continue to update on here, then I'm good. :bigsmile:

Also, I'd love to contribute to issue #3 if I get a free minute... :nerd:

johnoverall
... Also, I'd love to contribute to issue #3 if I get a free minute... :nerd:

The back cover for #2 is available for the taking if there's something you've created previously that could be put to good use! :wink:

johnoverall

Final layout changes today and then it's off to the printer! Should hopefully have copies available for sale late next week :xd:

th_FrrontCover.jpg

Guest Yi-Long
Final layout changes today and then it's off to the printer! Should hopefully have copies available for sale late next week :xd:

th_FrrontCover.jpg

Looks nice,but not as great as the cover for the first issue. Have you tried a bit more white? Either some of the text or the Bruce cut-out!? Or even a lame white 'stroke' layer-effect (I'm not sure that last thing would look good, but I'm just throwing apples up in the air....)

Also, the text on the right could maybe benefit from being moved a bit more towards the now empty spaces.

johnoverall
Looks nice,but not as great as the cover for the first issue. Have you tried a bit more white? Either some of the text or the Bruce cut-out!? Or even a lame white 'stroke' layer-effect (I'm not sure that last thing would look good, but I'm just throwing apples up in the air....)

Also, the text on the right could maybe benefit from being moved a bit more towards the now empty spaces.

I hear you, but I kind of like the proximity of the text to Aarif Lee and the way it (and the colour scheme) exposes the Game of Death inspired footprint. I'll take all suggestions though, as I genuinely appreciate all input, and will keep them firmly in mind for #3. Final draft is now with the printer!

• Administrator
KUNG FU BOB
The back cover for #2 is available for the taking if there's something you've created previously that could be put to good use! :wink:

Nope, didn't have anything. But maybe I can still whip something up for #3? I'd love to contribute something.

Really looking forward to #2. There's a few articles by my brothers in there. :bigsmile: Very excited to read their contributions as well as everything else in there. :nerd:

johnoverall
sent you a pm as clicking on your link is giving me an error message.

Dropped a reply to your mailbox and edited the post to show the addresss :smile:

johnoverall

Thank you! Two thirds of the print run has gone in a week and I'm compiling issue #3, due in October :wink: If anyone would like to contribute material, now's the time as #3 will be the last issue this year.

ShaOW!linDude

Got mine today. Beautiful printing. Love the layout.

Thanks, John. My article looks great and I loved the photos you put with it.

This looks to be a fun read.

Thanks for letting me be a part of this.

prinnysquad

I've had this for a few days, and have been dipping in and out of it.

It's a great read, and wonderfully produced. Ideal for a person like me who hasn't read extensively about Lee. The subject can be approached from so many angles.

Top stuff John, and contributors.

• Administrator
KUNG FU BOB

I got my copy today and it looks wonderful. I just read the article "Bruce Lee in Four Colours" and I loved it! An excellent look at Bruce and his influence in comic books. Very cool! :nerd:

johnoverall
Hey John, when is my copy going to ship?

Hi! It's well on its way, takes around a week or so to wing it from the UK to US so it should be landing imminently. If you don't have it soon I'll be surprised but please keep me posted.

Archived