Immortals

BaronK

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone notice the bow & arrow scene at the end looked directly taken from House of Flying Daggers?

Thanks for posting otherwise i would have never heard of it. It's interesting, i remember reading The Iliad a few years ago, after

that i read The Odyssey. The Iliad and The Odyssey essentially were epic poems about Immortals.. When i see movies like

this out there i can't help but think the verisimilitude in which those books were written reached out & were inspiration for films

such as Immortals. Immortals is a film where Gods walked alongside men, factors as such proved influential in the popularity

of the books. One of the things i remember most when i see films out there like Immortals is how the gods were in league with

specific men and woman in the stories. Of course the story was about them, but the world at least in those moments seemed

to revolve around them which i thought was interesting. Often the Gods, the Immortals in those books would disguise thems-

elves to influence their decisions or turn the tide of event's. Some men, recognized Immortals or saw them for what they were,

but mostly, it seemed people were unable to and sadly in the end they paid a price for not believing. Here is a photo from the

movie. It's not hard to see the inspiration behind such things are rooted someplace else, but, you can't help but wonder how

or why such things were inspired in the first place "before the paintings". :)

Here is a screenshot from the movie ''Immortals"

IMMORTALS.jpg

The ceiling of Sant’Ignazio Church (Roma) by Andrea Pozzo, 1691-1694

CeilingofSantIgnazioChurchRomabyAndreaPozzo1691-1694.jpg

The ceiling of The Sistine Chapel in, also in Rome by Michelangelo 1498-1512

Sistine-Chapel-Ceiling1512rome.jpg

Meh. Brought this to mind for some reason, although without the balls or weirdness factor... Go rent this instead, it'll enrich your life more :tongue::

OK I went and seen this last night, the storyline was OK, I still enjoyed it but a lot of People hated it, but I thought the Action was AWESOME! I honestly liked it better than 300...

Archived