Tom Yum Goong 2

Drunken Monk

• Administrator
KUNG FU BOB
I also just uploaded it just in case...

bR8X77z01uE

It looks to be seriously fight heavy but there is a lot we have seen before.

After I tried the first three links (from mere hours ago) only to discover that they were all taken down, I was losing hope. But Drunken Monk, you came through bro. Thanks! :bigsmile:

Okay, I can't wait to see this. I totally understand other people's frustrations with the story and repeated action, but... Shit, I still remember waiting for GOOD GUYS WEAR BLACK to come on TV, just so I could see Chuck Norris do one cool stunt (which I found out later, he didn't even do!), and being thrilled to get to see it. So if every movie Tony Jaa does co-stars elephants, has a scene with his feet on fire, is called a sequel when it has nothing to do with the original, or even if he just remakes the same movie over and over again, I'm going to be very excited to see them. :nerd:

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks big. Looks exciting. Interesting use of 3-d situations. If that POV stuff is part of the 3-D, that's bloody well thought out. Action these day lacks that big, exciting factor. I see it here. Fights and set pieces, stunts. Soundfx are thick. Camera is clean. The wire use that i saw didn't bother me at all.

ShaOW!linDude

Okay, I can't wait to see this. I totally understand other people's frustrations with the story and repeated action, but... Shit, I still remember waiting for GOOD GUYS WEAR BLACK to come on TV, just so I could see Chuck Norris do one cool stunt (which I found out later, he didn't even do!), and being thrilled to get to see it. So if every movie Tony Jaa does co-stars elephants, has a scene with his feet on fire, is called a sequel when it has nothing to do with the original, or even if he just remakes the same movie over and over again, I'm going to be very excited to see them. :nerd:

True story.

I don't mind the wire-assisted falls or impacts, but wire-assisted MA moves ruin fight choreography. I only saw one wire-assisted kick in the clip. I'm sure there will be more. But most of what I saw was (to quote KFB) Jaa "onging the bak" out of some people. So...I'm down for this.

Same stolen elephant, same old moves, feet on fire... again, Mirror's Edge style parkour vision, 3D, Rza in a speaking part etc....... No, i've officialy lost any modicum of interest I initially had in this movie.

I wouldn't really mind more of the same action-wise, if they would just try something new with story and characters. Oh well, im sure plenty of people will enjoy it. I'll find it in the bargain bin somewhere down the road, I guess.

Agreed. Just step up and do something different, simple. And lol at RZA's "I'm a fan of your work" on some "wtf" ish!

I wouldn't call it repetitive, I'd call it consistent with the first part.:tongue:

Nothing really blew me away, but it looks like it has some solid action, big stunts and elephants ;) and despite some wires, it looks entertaining

Drunken Monk

I'd say it looks solid. I always tell myself that I'm going to be harder on the Thai output these days but then I see this and, all of a sudden, I'm all, "Oh, how can I be mad you!?"

He gives me what I want in an action flick and I'm happy to say I'm looking forward to this. Yep, despite the things we've seen before, the 3D, the wires AND the fucking Rza.

It looks stunt heavy, fight heavy and another plotless excuse to see people get kicked in the face. And with added Jeeja Yanin! Yes sir, consider me excited.

the fucking Rza.

he will ruin any potential value his character holds & make you want to leave the cinema

Im a fan of his music, but he seriously needs to be avoided in films, burst out laughing when I first heard his voice in g.i. joe

he will ruin any potential value his character holds & make you want to leave the cinema

Im a fan of his music, but he seriously needs to be avoided in films, burst out laughing when I first heard his voice in g.i. joe

I know right. He really ruined an awesome scene in Gi Joe.

• Administrator
KUNG FU BOB
Tony Jaa is BADASS! Let him have his elephants! :tongue:

Love it! :wink:

True story.

I don't mind the wire-assisted falls or impacts, but wire-assisted MA moves ruin fight choreography. I only saw one wire-assisted kick in the clip. I'm sure there will be more. But most of what I saw was (to quote KFB) Jaa "onging the bak" out of some people. So...I'm down for this.

LOL Glad my creative wording has fans. :xd:

Agreed. Just step up and do something different, simple. And lol at RZA's "I'm a fan of your work" on some "wtf" ish!

That's certainly a justifiable complaint. But I guess I've given in to the poor plotting and lack of imagination in Thai cinema, and now I just expect it. Who'd have thought the Thai film industry didn't have more to say in terms of originality after seeing SARS WARS (2005)?! That movie was insane. It was one long WTF moment! :smile:

I'd say it looks solid. I always tell myself that I'm going to be harder on the Thai output these days but then I see this and, all of a sudden, I'm all, "Oh, how can I be mad you!?"

He gives me what I want in an action flick and I'm happy to say I'm looking forward to this. Yep, despite the things we've seen before, the 3D, the wires AND the fucking Rza.

It looks stunt heavy, fight heavy and another plotless excuse to see people get kicked in the face. And with added Jeeja Yanin! Yes sir, consider me excited.

Exactly. :tongue:

I know right. He really ruined an awesome scene in Gi Joe.

You know, whenever I see RZA in interviews he has mad charisma. My friend hung out with him and said he's super cool. But in THE MAN WITH THE IRON FIST and again in G.I. JOE: RETALIATION I was shocked at his performances. Pretty weird. However, in TYG2 it looks like he's the "We kidnapped your elephant. Now fight or he dies." villain. It doesn't seem like a part that could ruin the film or anything.

The Amazing Psycho Per

Finally!!!

Despite some parts that look wrong, like the weird cg assisted stunts, I'm stlill psyched.

Am I the only one who gets the feeling that Jeeja Yin's role will be nothing more then a cameo or at least very small? Also where is Dan Chupong?

Looks sick to me. Obviously its nothing new but im just happy to see some high quality thai action. I think his return to this style has a lot to do with the backlash he received for Ong Bak 2 and 3.

One Armed Boxer

I wasn't even aware that it was him in 'G.I.Joe: Retaliation'...I'm from the UK and over there most people wouldn't know who the RZA was if you tripped over him.

Once the credits started rolling and I saw his name I asked my friend who I'd watched it with which character he was, and my friend answered, "The monk guy who you said sounded like a ghetto version of Elmer Fudd." My introduction to the RZA ladies and gentlemen.

Am I the only one who gets the feeling that Jeeja Yin's role will be nothing more then a cameo or at least very small? Also where is Dan Chupong?

These were the exact same questions that also sprung to mind when I finished the trailer. There's no doubt the movie has changed a lot since production started, as the initial promotional posters clearly had Jaa & Yanin double billed as headlining. But then Yanin got pregnant in the middle of filming, so it wouldn't surprise me at all if her role is now just that of a supporting character, with a lot of her planned action scenes gone to waste.

It's a shame because 'Chocolate 2' got put on hold for this movie to be completed, and inbetween all she's done is have a couple of small roles in average at best movies like 'The Kick' and 'This Girl is Badass', and I think now it's debatable if that movie will even get made at all.

Same with Chupong, he wasn't recognizable in the trailer at all, despite almost stealing the show from Jaa in 'Ong Bak 3', or perhaps because of it. I'm surprised Sahamongkol didn't push Chupong out there more during the period when it was possible Jaa wasn't going to return to movies at all. He has enthusiasm and charisma, although maybe it's just a sign that these guys will take years to make a movie no matter who's starring in it.

felt nothing after watching that clip but i cant write tony off after seeing a messy trailer like that, film will prob be entertaining. and rza apart from that mess of iron fist his acting was ok i did like that movie he did with clive owen, cant remember the title though

Looks like Sahamongkol has went back to the well for this one, dredging the bottom for every scene in Jaa's last 4-5 movies instead of trying something new - sigh (and hey let's give Jaa that, he DID try something new with OB2 at least!)

But it is just the trailer and I'll go with KFBob's sentiments, I still see some serious ass kicking for this movie.

I don't even care for the plot in Tony Jaa movies, so bring on the elephants. Looks like there will be some great action, but I'm a little bothered by the wires I saw.

Archived