Tom Yum Goong 2

Drunken Monk

I think the idea is for it to seem as though Jaa is sticking his elbow or knee in your face. I can visualize that on my own, thank you very much.

3D = Dumb! Dumb! Dumb!

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well 3d was just a passing fad - again, I remember the 3d in the theater in the 80's, with the red-green glasses which always gave me a massive fucking headache even at a young age, I even remember them handing out 3d glasses at some convenience stores for tv. Surprisingly the technology really isn't much better then what it was 30 years ago(except the glasses, but I can still only take about 45 minutes of it).

Hollywad is already tiring of it and Thai cinema is coming 8-10 years behind the curb. 3d's never really worked for action, it's better suited for documentaries, and sci-fi - space related movies imo. It's really a shame as Jaa doesn't need it, though who knows maybe they'll find a way to have Jaa flying out into the audience.

Hoping they can get their shit together on this one, I still think Ong Bak is the best "all around" movie these guys have made, not that the other ones haven't been entertaining(especially OB2), but I'm hoping for a well rounded out movie.

It seems like every single movie coming out is in 3D and honestly there isn't really anything different about watching these movies in 3D compared to a regular viewing except the price of admission!

One Armed Boxer

3D or not, these guys are doing a pretty good job of keeping the movie 100% under wraps, especially considering how long it's been in production for, reports and footage have been minimal at best.

I was more interested at how reduced Jeeja Yanin's role is now that she's heavily pregnant than the 3D, but could find hardly any information on the net, guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Any update here? I know it was supposed to have a 2012 release date and now moved to mid-2013.

According to their Facebook page, the film is scheduled to be released in May and The RZA has a "featured" role in the film.

Which is the official one?

I didnt read the whole article right...Major Cineplex Group posted the release date and Twitch even posted the release date with a new poster.Twitch has been very reliable when it comes to their information.

OpiumKungFuCracker
As good as Jaa is he doesn't need wires or CGI to spice things up, they will detract imo. Same with the 3D....

Yeah unless it's a fantasy film which it isn't I don't understand the cgi/wire work in a Jaa film...

http://www.cityonfire.com/tony-jaa-to-make-tom-yum-goong-2-aka-the-protector-2/

BREAKING NEWS: M.M.A.C. says Tom Yum Goong 2 is slated for a December 5th, 2013 release date.

M.M.A.C is this Facebook page - https://www.facebook.com/MartialArtsActionCinema

http://movie.mthai.com/movie-profile/movie-fixture/92879.html

they keep pushing this back. can we at least get a trailer?

Why does it take the Thais forever to make a movie?:neutral: Even then it's usually an edited mess. C'mon! Shaw actors were pumping out 5-6 movies a year back in the day:angel:

The Amazing Psycho Per

Like the Ong Bak sequels fiasco, (although I love Ong Bak 2) this is again getting ridiculously long... Is making movies something they do in their spare time?

TibetanWhiteCrane

You'd think they would be making better movies when it takes them longer than Wong Kar Wai to crank out a flick. Don't know why it takes so long to make films with almost no story, a fat funny sidekick and fifty high kicks to the head.

I was excited when it was first announced. Now, I couldn't give a shit.

Sums up my thoughts exactly. Like many I thought that Tony Jaa would be the next big martial arts superstar but it's been 10 years now since Ong Bak and he's never really capitalised on the success from that. It really is puzzling why it takes them so long to make a movie particularly as the end result often looks like it's been put together in about a week.

Sums up my thoughts exactly. Like many I thought that Tony Jaa would be the next big martial arts superstar but it's been 10 years now since Ong Bak and he's never really capitalised on the success from that. It really is puzzling why it takes them so long to make a movie particularly as the end result often looks like it's been put together in about a week.

Tony had his chance and blew it. Watch this movie suck too. Well I guess now its Iko Uwais's turn to shine.

TibetanWhiteCrane
Tony had his chance and blew it.

I always felt kinda bad saying this out loud, but it is unfortunately true. Unless his aspiration was not to be the big new asian action star, though I suspect it was. But somewhere he got lost. Hope Iko does more with his chance.

I always felt kinda bad saying this out loud, but it is unfortunately true. Unless his aspiration was not to be the big new asian action star, though I suspect it was. But somewhere he got lost. Hope Iko does more with his chance.

I do feel bad for saying that but at least I will always have the end fight in Ong Bak 2. I consider that fight a masterpiece.

Archived